[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

2 questions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keithPartridge

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: 2 questions Reply with quote

1 - Is there a Partridge Family movie being made? And if so when is the planned release date.

2 - have they announced when season 2 on DVD will be released?

thanks.
Michael
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Not to our knowledge, no.

2. There's quite a lengthy discussion about this in the "DVD CHAT" section of the message board. Check it out there. Smile
partridgepal
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: 2 Questions Reply with quote

Michael, do you know what happened with the Partridge Family theatrical movie? It was said Paramount bought the rights and it was listed as movies coming out? Did it die or is it on hold???? I'm confused! Thanks!

PP Confused
danny-boy
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this time, a theatrical movie doesn't seem to appear as forthcoming in the Internet Movie Database.
Leanne
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats too bad, a movie would be cool (and hopefully would hurry them up with releasing the original show DVDs)
partridgepal
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Partridge Movie Reply with quote

.I have a bad feeling (no offense to anyone out there) that maybe the negative publicity/outcome of "In Search of The Partridge Family" may have made them change their minds about doing a theatrical movie. I don't know how the ratings were for the TV movies "C'mon Get Happy" or the David Cassidy Story". Maybe you can enlighten us, Scott? But I think that any negative publicity or low viewership makes them automatically think there is no interest. Bad product doesn't mean no interest, but there is little else they can scope it out by.....sadly. I think if the casting was right and the script was done well, they could pull it off. I think the best results (IMHO)would be a cast that looked like the original Partridges and sounded like the Partridges. I think the music should be of the original era and if not all original tunes, written like the songs the original family would have sung. I would hope they wouldn't do it as campy as the Brady movies (sadly, I liked the Brady movies, although they were foolish, they were funny and at least the cast resembled the Bradys we knew and kind of acted liked the originals) I have a feeling Paramount had in mind to do a similar satire of the show like the Brady movies which were popular. I think if they hadn't made such a farce out of "In Search of" they could have been successful. I think that they tried so hard to "update" it that they ruined the original "feel" of the show. I think the New Partridges may have had a shot in some market if they had been anyone but the Partridges.....the shoes were just way too big for them to fill.
Any thoughts anyone?? Also maybe if the "update" was a more expanded show like an hour with more than one song and maybe more of their life on the road and do it as a half comedy/half drama somewhere along the lines of some of the popular "young adult" stuff like on the WB/CW like 7th Heaven or have writers like Gilmore Girls,maybe they could do something....maybe even broaden the appeal. Afterall, although it was a comedy, so to speak, it did deal with some serious issues too.....maybe....just maybe........ I think about this JUST a LITTLE TOO much!!!! Rolling Eyes
Partridgepal
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot agree more about the heinousness of In Search of the PF. Fortunately, I think it was probably us and about three other people who even watched it. I think the fact that making a goofy spoof would be difficult is what is holding it back. PF was funny-but it does not have that "Marcia Marcia Marcia!" effect. Do you weave in save the whales, the plight of Native Americans, and feminism? And what do you do with the music? DO you use the old songs? Make them a modern rock band? Write new 70's style music? I really cannot think of a way to make a good PF movie.
Randy64
Official Bus Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this...A modern day single mom of five who was a fan of the PF, forms a PF cover band with the encouragement of her children to make ends meet.

I can imagine this woman being a fan of the PF would have encouraged her children to take up an instrument. One day she is cleaning out a closet and discovers her PF albums and puts one on an old turntable. The kids are kind of enjoying the music and ask who that is. She responds, the PF. The two youngest reply...Whooo? The kids try out a few PF tunes on their instuments and discover they have a pretty good sound. They get mom to sing along and then toss around the idea of forming a cover band. They have an uncle who acts as their booking agent and they nickname him Reuben....
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Any thoughts anyone?? Also maybe if the "update" was a more expanded show like an hour with more than one song and maybe more of their life on the road and do it as a half comedy/half drama somewhere along the lines of some of the popular "young adult" stuff like on the WB/CW like 7th Heaven or have writers like Gilmore Girls,maybe they could do something....maybe even broaden the appeal. Afterall, although it was a comedy, so to speak, it did deal with some serious issues too.....maybe....just maybe........ I think about this JUST a LITTLE TOO much!!!!
Partridgepal

They tried that in the 80's with the Brady Bunch (the Brady Brides; The Bradys), & it went nowhere-- nobody wanted to see a Serious funny family. I think that would be the same result with the PF (sad to say).
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think the idea of a Partridge Family movie would be worse than all the TV-to-movie BOMB films combined. I hope it never gets made. The Partridge Family's success was kismet. It was the chemistry between actors, Shirley's appeal, David's meteoric rise to superstardom and music that hit the right chords at the right time. You cannot repeat that magic. It just won't happen.

You certainly can't spoof it ala The Brady Bunch films, because there's nothing about the episodes that warrants spoofing. At least not in a comedic-inside-joke sort of way that The Bradys did. What the Brady Bunch films had going for them is the original series never left the air. The episodes were engrained into people's brains (like road kill??) so when they were spoofed, everybody got it. The PF hasn't been aired enough to give a spoof the same funny reaction from the general public.

Like Susan Dey, I prefer that the cast be suspended in time. So, reassembling the same cast for an update won't work for me either. Maybe 20 years ago when they were supposed to do it for FOX, but not now -- especially with Danny's current public persona. Nobody would believe him as a 46 year old Dannny Partridge, and I wouldn't want them to work in Danny B's real life drama into Danny P's. That kind of dramedy bombed when they tried it with The Bradys. (Anybody remember an alcoholic Marcia -- or a wheelchair bound Bobby??!!)

What "In Search of The Partridge Family" proved, is you can't match the original. One of the worst ideas they had was to show a clip of the original and then have the contestants audition with it. All that showed was how precious the original was, and how pointless it was to try and emulate it. It was a complete disaster.

Confused
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What he said. Smile
little laurie
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Scott. When I first seen In Search Of The Partridge Family on VH1 I knew that there no way in the world that they could complete with the original. I know if they ever decided to make a movie on them. It probably be Bad just like what they did to The Brady Bunch.

Peace,
Little Laurie
partridgepal
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: The Movie Reply with quote

I think it could be done if certain guidelines were followed. Number one, it would have to be set in the 70s, number two, if they got actors that were worth their weight, maybe they could pull it off with lookalikes. the Brady movies were perfect in that respect, the actors actually resembled the original cast. Most important of all, I think they should get someone who actually CARED about the series and was a fan to do the script. the worst thing they could do is update it to modern times. It wouldn't fly. If they treated it as if it was a movie about the lives of a REAL family instead of trying to copy the original, I think they could do it. Maybe if they either licenced the original music or recorded it with soundalikes and lipsynced it, they could pull it off. Lipsync has come a long way these days, ask Milli vanilli, Madonna and ashley Simpson! Hey Scott, maybe you should try a hand at a script, at least we would know it was in safe hands and we'd enjoy it. I think the concept of them trying for a new Partridge family was done with good intention, they just went about it the wrong way.....totally. Partridgepal
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno....after the debacle that was the big-screen version of Bewitched, I say...let sleeping dogs lie! Let us have our DVDs and reruns and such but please NO MORE REMAKES!!! Call them "reimaginings", "redos" (or don'ts!) or whatever you want, but a remake is a remake and more often than not..... just tarnishes the memory of the original.

Or maybe it's just me! Shocked
partridgepal
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joey......nah....nothing could possibly tarnish the original in my eyes. PF was my favorite show of all times and always will be. No matter what shows I love now and watch now, none will ever eclipse the strong feelings I had for this show. The problem with Bewitched was they didn't remake the show, they did a show about the show. I think Jim Carrey would have made a better Darren (as much as I don't care for him) because he looks more like him. Nicole Kidman may have been okay for Sam if they did it right....thiswas a perfect example of them going off the beaten track but I think they did it this way because they knew the true fans would have been incensed over it.....after all how the hell could you EVER hope to replace Elizabeth Montgomery? Love her! BUT you could never hope to replace Shirley, David, Susan, Danny or any of the rest (sorry Jeremy!) The way I look at it, I am in favor of any remake that is truly faithful to the original and not changed, that will bring attention to the original for a new audience. There will never be a new Partridge Family......NEVER!

PARTRIDGEPAL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: