[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Two movies I saw recently

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Movie & TV Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Two movies I saw recently Reply with quote

I took out of the library, the films
Coffee and Cigarettes and The Notebook
Very different movies from each other, but I enjoyed them both.
COffee & Cigarettes consists of various little stories starring some impressive casts centered around tables having coffee and cigarettes and converstions. It is really funny. Bill Murray, Steve Coogan, Kate Blanchett are some of the ones who star. It's black and white so it's a real artsy film feel.

The Notebook is just a beautiful story about love and loyalty between a couple from teens to senior age.

And another film I enjoyed was My Blueberry Nights starring Norah Jones
and Hugh Jackman.

Don't know if there are any on here who like unconventional stories in movies and movies that are a bit lopsided, but I do.

Oh, and I saw a Swedish film (english subtitles) called, "Together" about a comunal house in Sweden in the 1970's. ABBA music used for the opening and closing themes and other 70's artists known worldwide and artists famous only in Sweden are also heard as background music.
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have watched Gosford Park (Maggie Smith, Kristin Scott Thomas, Jeremy Mortham) about 100 times and love it every single time I see it. I love Robert Altman dialog. I also love In Her Shoes with Shirley McClain, Toni Collette and Cameron Diaz.

Comedy-wise, hubby and I love Groundhogs Day (Bill Murray) and Galaxy Quest (Signourney Weaver, Alan Rickman, Tim Allen). We watch them about once a year.

Romantic comedies...I go for While You Were Sleeping, You've Got Mail, Sleepless in Seattle. I know. But I like them anyway. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Movie & TV Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: