[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Top Chef New York
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Movie & TV Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BonnieNY
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is in here...

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20081112/LIFE/811120303
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping that Ted has a new gig of some kind. Smile

Looks like a fun season. There are some great chefs! I enjoyed the first elimination challenge. But I wonder if some of them didn't get a little help from the folks in the grocery stores, or if they happened upon some recipe cards in the meat section (my grocery store has those). How does a chef who didn't go to culinary school whip up a classic Indian dish when he's never eaten or made Indian food? Same goes for Russian cuisine. Who has Russian recipes in their back pocket? To me Russian cuisine is beets, potatoes and vodka. Laughing

The Quickfire challenge...it would suck to go home because you couldn't peel apples as quickly as someone else did. But in a way, I guess it's a challenge that's appropriate for NYC, where restaurant workers get fired for all sorts of seeminly unimportant errors.

Oh my....there will be a major smackdown between the arrogant European chefs and the New York chefs.
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew that I was going to love Top Chef New York. In the first episode, Jean Georges (I'm not going to attempt his last name) was the guest judge. I've eaten in 3 of his NYC restaurants. He's an amazing chef.

I'm in the middle of watching the second episode, and Donatella (co-owner of one of my favorite NYC "special occasion restaurants," Davidburke and Donatella,) judged the Quickfire.

The Elimination challenge will be in Tom's restaurant (another good one), Craft.

It's fun having these challenges take place in my back yard. Very Happy

I'm impressed by the European chefs.

PJ, I agree that some of the cheftestants (dopey word) probably asked what was in those ethnic dishes in episode one.
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have predictions for the Top 3?

It seems that Stefan is the top contender, but he's so obnoxious that it's hard to root for him.

If Hosea would stop getting distracted by Leah, I think he'd have a good chance of winning.

Jamie is an excellent cook. She's not always the most likable person, either, but she has the skills.

My Top 3 (in no particular order)...

-Jamie
-Stefan
-Hosea

The two people I enjoy most are Carla and Fabio. They are both so funny (and Fabio is quite charming, IMO Wink ).

P.S. I'm completely grossed out by the Hosea/Leah business. They both have significant others at home. Do we really need to see them cheating on TV?? This is a cooking show, for crying out loud!
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonnie, I totally agree with everything you said. I kept asking myself why are they showing Leah and Hosea. Maybe they both have since broken up their previous relationships so it doesn't matter but still.... As you said this is a cooking show, not a relationship show.

Stefan is probably the best chef but I can't stand him. I certainly agree that Stefan, Jamie and Hosea have a good chance of being the final three. But I also think that Fabio has a good chance too. And yes, he is quite charming!!!

I think the person who is annoying me the most this season is the judge that replaced Gail. I guess he is a big British food critic but his language and analogies are crude and not appropriate. I know he is supposed to be the Simon Cowell type judge but I don't think that is necessary. Let's keep this show somewhat classy. I hope Gail comes back next season or is replaced by someone else.
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marjorie,

I completely agree with you about that British judge. I do think Gail plans to return for the finale, and I hope she'll be back for good next season. She's a pleasant person and definitely preferable to that British boor.

If Ted Allen's show on The Food Network is cancelled (not that I'm hoping it is), I'd love to see him back on Top Chef as a part-time judge. He's a fave of mine!
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Ted Allen too. He now has two shows on the Food Network and I guess still sometimes is a judge on Iron Chef America so he may be contractually obligated there for sometime.

Last edited by Marjorie63 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marjorie, I'm sure you're right about ted Allen.

I'm bummed that Jamie was eliminated. I thought she was the top female contender. Leah has needed to GO for weeks, and I think the producers are keeping her there to see if anything else happens between Hosea and her (or to keep the fans wondering). STUPID.

Carla (I voted for her for Fan Favorite, BTW) is coming on strong all of a sudden. It would be nice to see her make the finals. It's unlikely that anyone can beat Stefan, but hey, stranger things have happened. Richard Blais was the favorite last year, and he completely choked in the finals.
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow I feel asleep between the time they announced Stefan as the winner and they announced who was out. So thanks Bonnie, now I don't have to catch one of the repeats or look at a message board to find out who was eliminated (that's serious, not sarcastic btw Smile)

I knew Jamie would go home and I'm dissapointed in that too. I really liked her. But Carla is definitely my favorite too. She's so funny!!

I hope something goes terribly wrong for Stefan in the finale (assuming he'll be there). It was so great to see him lose to Andrea in the Super Bowl episode. He was so sure he was going to win when he chose her as his competition. I guess the producers lucked out this season when the best chef turned out to be the most obnoxious one. I guess that was true in season 3 when Hung won too. I bet they were disappointed that Stephanie was so nice and normal last season. Smile
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamie seemed sort of ready to go home. Just sick of it all. I thought she'd be in the top 4 for sure. I'm shocked that Leah is still there.

Carla did a great job with this challenge! She's hard not to love. And I think Stefan has mellowed a bit too...he was actually helping people and being constructive in this episode. Sure glad I don't have to work with him though. LOOL I like Fabio as a person, but I don't really think he has top chef chops.
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Carla really came on like gangbusters at the end of the season. Although Jamie left sooner than I expected, I'm happy with the Final Four. I needed for Leah to GO. I couldn't stand that pouty baby face/voice she adopted when being judged for her poor performances. She was neither mature enough nor seasoned enough as a chef to be on this show.

Anyhoo...

GO, CARLA! I hope she beats the pants off of Stefan in the finals. That man needs to be taken down a peg.

Oh, and poor Fabio! A broken (and dislocated, as I read in the Top Chef blogs) finger. OUCH! His win in the last challenge is really a credit to his determination and stamina.
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My feelings exactly Bonnie. It was so great to see Carla win the quickfire challenge and beat Stefan with her "simple" green eggs and ham. And I was very happy to see Fabio win despite his injury.

It was interesting to me to see what those great chefs and food people chose as their "last meal". Very simple and classic dishes. It got me thinking what I would chose as my last meal. I'm not a meat person so there would be no hunk of protein in my last meal. Instead I would chose a #5 dinner from my the Mexican restaurant my family frequented when I was a child. The meal consisted of a shredded beef taco in a crispy flour tortilla, a cheese enchilada, mexican rice and refried beans. And I usually had a salad too - a wedge of iceberg lettuce with blue cheese dressing (classic 70's salad). I would eat that whole meal as a child!!! It was just good Americanized mexican food. Not authentic I'm sure but oh so good!!! Anybody else have any fantasy "last meals"?

Go Carla!!! Smile Smile Smile
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marjorie,

Your "last meal" sounds soooo good!

I think I'd go with my favorite meal from childhood -- My Mom's spaghetti and meatballs. Oh, and Crescent rolls! Very Happy
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was so great to see Carla win the elimination challenge however I kind of wanted Jeff to win so that both Stefan and Fabio would go home (I assumed they would be the bottom two based on the judges comments before announcing Carla the winner).

It would be so great if Carla won but I still think Stefan will wind up victorious. I think he may not act so cocky in the second half of the finale as it was clear that Tom didn't appreciate that.

Carla should be so proud of herself as I'm sure no one would have predicted she would be in the finale at the beginning of the season.
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad that Jeff was able to come back for the elimination challenge and leave on a better note this time.

I wonder Jeff, Jamie, and Leah will be the sous chefs in the second part of the finale?

Carla was awesome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Movie & TV Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: