[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Reviews For Bulletin Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Music!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I heard that 'Home Is Where The Heart Is' was supposed to be released in Japan sometime this year.
Whatever happened to that? Or was it just a rumour?

Darryl
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenbubblegumkid wrote:
Hey Sabrina,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you liked the idea. If we've come this far with all of the releases then "How Long is Too Long" Shocked (I'm not sure what that means but it just sounded good) Very Happy .

Ken

Hey, again, Ken: Laughing

I'm sure you received the same standard email I did from Collector's Choice, no doubt, but I REMAIN hopeful as this is how it was with EVERYONE'S attempts to get the BB released, remember. So, everybody here, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE consider EMAILING Collector's Choice in efforts to get us even MORE unreleased DC/PF gems! Surprised

And thanks, guys! Partridge People are THE BEST!!! Wink

mcatalog@ccmusic.com
kenbubblegumkid
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Sabrina...I got the message saying it will be forwarded to the appropriate department(where have I heard that before Rolling Eyes ). Anyway I'm going to remain hopeful and you never know.....................

Maybe Someday we can find a way to get these gems together
Baby Someday we'll leave them alone
Maybe Someday there may be some way
That we can sing our gems together Smile

Ken
batmanfreak
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greely Winger wrote:
I thought I heard that 'Home Is Where The Heart Is' was supposed to be released in Japan sometime this year.
Whatever happened to that? Or was it just a rumour?

Darryl

That was what was reported since the sales of "The Higher They Climb..." were better than expected. I keep checking a site called CDJapan every month but so far nothing zip zero nada. Oh well we can always take our copies of David's RCA collection CD and play that.
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenbubblegumkid wrote:
Yeah Sabrina...I got the message saying it will be forwarded to the appropriate department(where have I heard that before Rolling Eyes ). Anyway I'm going to remain hopeful and you never know.....................

Maybe Someday we can find a way to get these gems together
Baby Someday we'll leave them alone
Maybe Someday there may be some way
That we can sing our gems together Smile

Ken

Awwww, Ken: Embarassed

Thanks for the lovely serenade you dear, sweet nut! Wink And I think you're right in your assessment of the current situation -- but this STILL doesn't get you off the hook for "Ken's Annual Partridge Family Christmas Tune", which you STILL owe us, Razz so get crackin', buddy, Wink as time's a wastin'! Laughing
kenbubblegumkid
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sabrina,

Thanks for encouragement but I've been pretty busy lately and I haven't had much success with the creative juices. I came up with something but I don't think it was very good. I'll keep trying but I can't promise.

Ken
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken,

We appreciate that you don't want to give us anything but the best, and wouldn't foist any substandard material on us! You respect your audience, and therefore, the feeling is mutual.

:-)

Gord

(If you need a rhyme for Nantucket, let me know.)
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Ken: Very Happy

I hope you know I was ONLY KIDDING! Embarassed Shocked I mean as much as I enjoy your musical contributions, I certainly wouldn't realistically EXPECT you to treat it as though it were an obligation of any sort: I realize you offer these gems as a gift to us, which I, for one, have always enjoyed, and thank you for. I do humbly apologize Embarassed for any misunderstanding my earlier post may have incurred. Very Happy And, like Gord said (Hi, Buddy! Wink ), we certainly wouldn't want you to offer up anything other than what you're comfortable with. Ken, you are among my favorites here, and I always enjoy your contributions, musical and otherwise, and hope I haven't (even inadvertently) offended you.

Happy Holidays to you and yours,
Sabrina Very Happy
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daydreamer72 wrote:
Hey, Ken: Very Happy

I hope you know I was ONLY KIDDING!

Ngnaw!!! I want a song! I want a song! Razz

[[[pressure]]]

Wink
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gord, you are absolutely INCORRIGIBLE!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer inGORDigible! Laughing
kenbubblegumkid
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sabrina,

No apology at all necessary. Very Happy I did not feel any obligation but only happy that you wanted your holiday fix so please don't feel bad at all I'm flattered Smile . And Gord, thanks for your posts as well---very much appreciated.

Ken
danny-boy
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without reading all of the above, particularly the Greek bits:

--Does this latest outfit plan to release all the albums, or only Bulletin Board?

--Are any of the CDs of significantly higher or lower quality than the others, or does it just depend on what the listener likes?
kenbubblegumkid
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard something today on BB that really startled me...don't know if anyone else picked this up. Since I got it, I have been listening non-stop to some of my favorites like "I'll Never Get Over You"(oh, the laser in my CD player must be saying "MERCY") and some others but I hadn't gotten around to hearing "That's The Way It Is With You"(Gee Ken, what took you so long Rolling Eyes ) until tonight.

Anyway, when I started listening to it something sounded very different to me than all of the other songs on the CD. I noticed that something sounded different about David's voice...especially in the verses. His voice sounded much more echoey(is that a word???) than his vocals in the other songs. I really didn't feel that I had to try to hear it..it was pretty apparant at least to me. It definitely sounded as if his voice was further away from the mike than in the other songs and there was some sort of effect on it. I didn't hear anything different about the background singers and the music(that sounded the same) but something was up with his lead vocals. I didn't hear it as much in the chorus.

I don't remember this at all from the LP(although I haven't heard that in years). Obviously it wasn't something Collector's Choice did, it was obviously something which was done in the mix but again don't remember this from the LP.

Wondering if anyone else noticed this.

Ken
partridgepal
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Ken I noticed it too, but i remember that being on the vinyl too, for some reason i was never a huge fan of that song and I think it always stuck out in my head...I think that now because the CD seems so crystal clear, it is just so much MORE noticeable....I did noice that when i got my CD, it was much more predominant so at least we know it wasn't something Collector's Choice did....it was always something that bugged me about that song.....I wonder if they were going for some kind of effect....I always figured it was there for a reason, but what the reason is fully escapes me. Maybe Scott knows why this was done, or maybe it was just a bad acoustics day on the farm!!

Partridgepal Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Music! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: