[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

What is The Best Season ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laurie's Hair
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: What is The Best Season ... Reply with quote

... and why?

The Music?

The plots?

The clothes?

For me, I ... dunno?

I have the first season DVD, and now the third, but didn't buy #2 yet.

I usually don't like first seasons of shows (Brady Bunch comes to mind), but PF's was pretty strong.

Then again, season three has King's Island!
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Laurie's Hair: :D

And welcome aboard the big, Mondrian bus! I think you'll love it here: so much to see and do; so many new friends to make. I LOVE this place, and you'll soon see why! :wink:

In answer to your question, I believe that Season 2 was certainly the series' most popular, and once you get the DVD, you'll see WHY! IMHO, it was the truly the BEST in that: the music was at it's peak ("Sound Magazine" STILL RULES!!! Laughing ), the characters had finally "gelled" (if you know what I mean), and the storylines were simply at their finest! There is nothing FUNNIER than Dave Madden in that tutu in "Fellin, Bergman, and Partridge"; and when Reuben, Keith and Danny all decide to "rescue" Shirley and Laurie from the wilds of a girls-only camping trip in "Helllp!", I can promise you that you will laugh yourself silly at the Partridge mens' misadventures in this episode; thanks to the brillance of the shows' writers and cast, "The Undergraduate" is a wonderful account of the hysterical art of all-around misunderstanding! I especially LOVE the late, great funnyman Norman Fell ("The Graduate", and "Three's Company") in this episode as he was hilarious; "I Am A Curious Partridge" is a laughfest from beginning to end, especially when poor Keith, donning a hat and dark glasses in effort of becoming inconspicuous (like no one would recognize that gorgeous, glossy mane of hair!) makes his way to the school library, only to find himself pelted by black garters!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

In short, GET Season 2 ASAP!!! Wink
Laurie's Hair
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw man, I JUST KNEW I should have bought season two when it was on sale at Best Buy last week!

I remember the camping episode, and agree it was one of the finest.

Is season four a dud?

So far, season three is a mixed bag; many highs, but many lows?

Thanks again for the welcome ... I'm going to fill out that "about me" thing.
partridgepal
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved all four seasons, but i agree by season two the characters had jelled.....i think season 2 and three were my favorites, although I loved one and four also....now if we can convince Sony that we need Season Four we are complete!!!!

Partridgepal Very Happy
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again, Laurie's Hair: Very Happy

Personally, I don't think there were really any lows in Season 3, though there are episodes that I enjoy more than others, of course. I'm sure you have your own favorites, but mine include: "This Male Chauvinist Piggy Goes To Market" as it was simply hilarious beginning to end, and I LOVE the song, "God Bless You, Girl"; "Each Dawn I Diet" is a wonderful showcase for the hysterical interaction between Dave Madden and Danny Bonaduce, who worked together with the clear mastery of any long-term comedy team; Shirley was the perfect "referee" between the pair, playing her role with her usual understated grace, and tongue-in-cheek good humor; the pair shine yet again in "Swiss Family Partridge" when Reuben and the Family wind up stranded in a cabin overnight; I LOVE "For Sale By Owner" as it shows just how much the family really love their old, crowded homestead and will do whatever is neccessary to "save" it (I especially love the scene between Keith and a family of prospective buyers who converge in his room, where the teenaged daughter is clearly distraught to discover that he "doesn't come with the house"! The look on Keith's face is priceless!!); "For Whom The Bell Tolls... And Tolls... And Tolls..." is a lovely reunion between "Laugh-In!" alumni Dave Madden and Artie Johnson, who play off one another beautifully, and I love the song, "Sunshine Eyes"; I have to say that Season 3 winds up wonderfully with "Me And My Shadow", another of my personal favorites as the mystery writer chases Reuben and the Partridges all over San Pueblo (the scene where they start a "traffic jam" at Muldoon's Point is CLASSIC comedy at its best, IMHO!)!

While we all LIVE AND HOPE for Season 4, I am among those fortunate enough to have taped the entire season the last time it aired here in L.A., otherwise I'd have NOTHING!! Crying or Very sad To be honest with you, I don't recall a lot regarding this season when it originally aired as I was 15 that year and had pretty much "outgrown" the show by then. Rolling Eyes So, seeing this season for the FIRST TIME only earlier THIS year was a pleasant surprise for me: I really enjoyed "Hate Thy Neighbor", which introduced adorable neighbor little Ricky, and his family, as this was a very funny episode that gave everyone equal time (I loved it when the kids were spying on Shirley and the new neighbor next door; and when suav
Ken Netzel
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will agree with general contention here. Season two is the best season. I just got to the end of season three, and the show is starting to slip. Season one and two had an edge. Now they are getting schmaltzy. And though I bought it...I despise season four. That little neighbor kid...I know David was leaving the show, but he was no replacement for Keith by a long shot.
larrryc
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like season one the best, for the simple fact that it showed the Partridges on the road a lot more.

Other reasons to like season one: Shorty Rogers' background music is better than Hugo Montenegro's. And the original theme song. And being able to see "Careful Nervous Mother Driving" more clearly in the opening credits. And the original closing theme. And the production values seemed a lot higher in season one.

For whatever reason, seasons 2 - 4 were mostly set at home instead of on the road. (Just how many "local clubs" could they keep playing at, anyway?)
IloveKeith
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

larrryc wrote:
Shorty Rogers' background music is better than Hugo Montenegro's.

I definitely agree on this one, but I do like C'mon Get Happy more than "When We're Singin'"

As for my favorite season, I'm gonna have to go with Season 2, IMO it's when the show started to pick up pace a little. Also it's when David looked the best and his hair was perfect. Before it got weird and extra long lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: