[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

LUCILLE BALL Would Be Proud

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: LUCILLE BALL Would Be Proud Reply with quote

Has anyone else noticed the pleasant use of Redheads in Season 1? Whiplash Willy's date, Grandpa Renfrew ties a bow on one. Rueben's "fiance", Danny talks to one in the "Skunk" episode. My favorite Season 1 Redhead would have to be Barbara Rhodes in the "Danny And The Mob" episode. I love it when she says "Danny Partridge is TEN YEARS OLD!" with that east coast accent of her's. Wonder what she's up to these days? Think
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Barabra Rhodes Reply with quote

So I take it no one out there knows what Ms Rhodes is up to these days?
How 'bout you Joey? You seem to have an affinity for Redheads.
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Skizzy, I don't have an "affinity to redheads" -- nothing against Ms. Rhoades -- but it's more about having an affinity, love and appreciation for beautiful, funny and talented individuals -- predominantly women, which is why the late great Lucille Ball is at the top of my list.
Very Happy
As some here well know, for me, our own Shirley Jones is sooooooooo close behind her as the space between the two is infinitessimal (sp?), especially after last weekend! Cool

For me, others on this short list would include Carol Burnett (I guess she's a redhead too) and Bette Midler. There may be a few more but for me, they're the "cream of the crop"! Applause
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject: Redheads.....I rest my case! Reply with quote

All great redheads that we grew up with. I used to rush home when I was a kid to catch the Lucy show in syndication on WPIX. On a much sadder note....Ms Ball passed away the weekend I moved here to Los Angeles.
The void she left still has not been filled. Doubt if it ever will. God knows the world could use her gifts today. Pray Eh?
umbrellaman
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is a great list of talented redheads, and Lucy will never be topped! I'd add Agnes Moorehead and Katharine Hepburn to my list of fave redheads!
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Reds Reply with quote

Personally, I'd have to go with Ava Gardner and Ann-Margret Drool Whistle
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Ann-Margrock!
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course you do! ;)

For those who may be fans of both/either Lucy's and Miss Margret's, there's not only an episode (one of the better ones) featuring her and Desi Jr. on the stellar DVD release of Here's Lucy, there's a great bonus feature on there with Lucy & Ann-M doing a musical number (as stage-door fans seeking autographs....a subject I certainly know nothing about! Rolling Eyes ) from a variety special of hers. Worth checking out, kids! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: