[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Project Runway - Season 5
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Movie & TV Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BonnieNY
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Project Runway - Season 5 Reply with quote

FYI: The new season starts tonight at a new time (9:00 PM, ET/PT). Very Happy
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cable went out right after Suede won tonight. Who was booted?
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leslie was sent home.
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those were some ugly cocktails dresses. I'll have to look again, but I don't think they picked what I thought were the best and worst dresses for the lineup. With so many contestants you don't get to see many of the outfits in detail, so it's hard to judge.

Why did the designers not tell the models how many yards of fabric they needed to buy? Maybe they did, but some of them didn't come back with enough of any color to make a shirt!

I can't believe that one of those models actually thought to buy crinoline! Laughing
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is Leslie? I don't really know names yet. Girl or guy?
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I just took a quick look at the Bravo blogs. It seems that a guy named Wesley was booted. I still didn't know who that was, so I looked at some pics on the website. He made that awful dress in the brown satin (the one that fit terribly and had too much going on).

I think my early favorite is the "40s girl." Someone referred to her that way. One of the judges, I think. Is her name Kenley? Something like that. Smile
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops. sorry Bonnie about getting the name wrong. I wasn't close enough to the TV to read the names. I never get to knowv everybody's names on these show until there's only a few people left. Smile
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, Marjorie. I only get to know the names by reading the Bravo blogs. I particularly love Tim's Take. Smile
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Santino to drop by Parsons and berate Suede until Suede stops talking about Suede in the third person.
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJ wrote:
I want Santino to drop by Parsons and berate Suede until Suede stops talking about Suede in the third person.

Bonnie REALLY hates that.
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have chosen Leanne's black skirt and top. Lovely. I didn't like the winning dress, or Terri's graffiti street dress over black pants. I thought Jerell's gown was very nice, although I don't know anyone who wears a gown with a train for a night out on the town. "Night on the town" to me means drinks, dinner, theater, clubs... not opening night at the Met. Joe's dress was kind of cute too.
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJ,

I completely agree. I thought Leanne's outfit should've won. The skirt was gorgeous. I would wear that skirt in a heartbeat (and maybe a little jacket over the cami).

Although I like Kenley as a designer (based on the first two weeks), I didn't care for the outfit she made last night. Too busy.
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I often don't agree with the judges but this time I totally agreed on the three best designs. However I didn't agree that Jennifer's was the worst. Some of the designs were so inappropriate for a procession of Olympic athletes. I thought the one with the hat (can't remember whose that was) was the worst.

I couldn't believe when Blayne didn't know what Tim's Sgt. Pepper reference meant!! I hate whan people use youth as an excuse for stupidity. Laughing
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Jennifer should have been sent home because she doesn't understand surrealism. What about her or anything she's ever done is surreal? She's delusional. Nothing about her designs were remotely surprising. None of the elemenets were combined in unexpected ways. It was all boring stuff that we've seen a million times. So for that reason alone, I'm glad she's gone.

Can you imagine seeing Olympic swimmers and track and field competitors in some of those outfits? Or the tiny little gymnists? How stupid would they look? And I hate it when these designers whine when they're forced to design clothes that have an actual function. "I don't DO this. I design GLAMOROUS clothes." Weeelllll....go home then.

Next time Blayne tries to make Tim say halla atchorboy, I want Tim to ignore him and keep walking, or tell him to STFU. You do not make the sublime Tim Gunn do such things. You can feel how much Tim dislikes most of this batch of designers.

Suede was not given much Suede Time. Yay.
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can they just send Stella home for being so annoying regardless of how good or bad her designs are?? If I have to hear her say "leatha" one more time in that voice of hers well I might have to change channels!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Movie & TV Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: