[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

What Are Your Favorite PF Episodes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: What Are Your Favorite PF Episodes? Reply with quote

Hi all: Very Happy

I know this has probably been asked before, Embarassed Rolling Eyes but not quite like this. Bear with me a moment, and you'll see what I mean. Wink Since having rediscovered my "inner Partridge" Laughing several years ago, from time to time, I've asked myself (and others) to name their SINGLE, FAVORITE EPISODE -- an excercise in futility as there are just SOOOO MANY (despite there being less than 100 in totality), I just COULDN'T manage it! Shocked Having read Dave Madden's confession that he suffered the same predicarment, it occured to me that perhaps there are others here as well. So, I've drawn up a relatively short list of catagories, which I hope you'll take the time to consider, and respond to. Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FAVORITE "Shirley" EPISODES:

SEASON 1 -- "Mom Drops Out"
SEASON 2 -- "The Undergraduate" (I LOVE the part where the late, great Norman Fell, who was also in the original movie "The Graduate", tells Shirley that while she doesn't have the face to "corrupt" young Paul, she certainly has the legs!)
SEASON 3 -- "Forgive Us Our Debts"
SEASON 4 -- "The Diplomat"

FAVORITE "Keith" EPISODES:

SEASON 1 -- "Partridge Up A Pear Tree"
SEASON 2 -- "Waiting For Bolero"
SEASON 3 -- "This Male Chauvinist Piggy Went To Market"
SEASON 4 -- "Heartbreak Keith" (My favorite bit was where Keith tells Shirley that "Two trains on the track of love are bound to collide."!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ FAVORITE "Reuben" EPISODES:

SEASON 1 -- "They Shoot Managers, Don't They?"
SEASON 2 -- "Hel-l-l-l-p!" (Need I say MORE, the Partridge "men" were HILARIOUS in this one!!)
SEASON 3 -- "Each Dawn I Diet"
SEASON 4 -- "Reuben Kincaid Lives"
FAVORITE "Laurie" EPISODES:

SEASON 1 -- "Not With My Sister, You Don't"
SEASON 2 -- "The Partridge Papers"
SEASON 3 -- "The Trial Of Partridge One"
SEASON 4 -- "The Last Of Howard" (This episode was hysterical throughout! Especially what the ship's captain referred to as "the bunny", "the tutu", and "the garbage can"!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FAVORITE "Danny" EPISODES:

SEASON 1 -- "See Here, Private Partridge"
SEASON 2 -- "Promise Her Anything, But Give Her A Punch!"
SEASON 3 -- "Only Young Twice"
SEASON 4 -- "A Day Of Honesty"

FAVORITE "Family" EPISODES:

SEASON 1 -- "Go Directly To Jail"
SEASON 2 -- "In 25 Words Or Less..."
SEASON 3 -- "Me And My Shadow" (I love the merry chase the family goes on, trying to outrun the author and his agent!)
SEASON 4 -- "Hate Thy Neighbor" (The fights between Shirley and Mrs. Stevens, are just hysterical, especially with the kids spying on them from a bedroom window!)

A FINAL NOTE: Since there weren't very many episodes featuring Chris and Tracy (except for "Home Is Where The Heart Was", which I LOVED!), I couldn't include them in this list. :cry:

Of course, your own choices may vary, and I'd really love to see who chooses what, and why. So, take all the time you need, study the Episode Guide (I did) and, by all means, SHARE! Laughing
gelbwaksunsung
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one that I remembered since I was a kid (yes, the FIRST run episodes!), was the "Whip-Lash Willie" one, featuring Henry Morgan.

I saw it again recently after renting the first season dvd. Boy, that White Tiger Tux was something else!
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: What Are Your Favorite PF Episodes? Reply with quote

Daydreamer72 wrote:
Hi all: Very Happy

I know this has probably been asked before, Embarassed Rolling Eyes but not quite like this. Bear with me a moment, and you'll see what I mean. Wink Since having rediscovered my "inner Partridge" Laughing several years ago, from time to time, I've asked myself (and others) to name their SINGLE, FAVORITE EPISODE -- an excercise in futility as there are just SOOOO MANY (despite there being less than 100 in totality), I just COULDN'T manage it! Shocked Having read Dave Madden's confession that he suffered the same predicarment, it occured to me that perhaps there are others here as well. So, I've drawn up a relatively short list of catagories, which I hope you'll take the time to consider, and respond to. Thanks!

FAVORITE "Shirley" EPISODES:

SEASON 1 -- "Mom Drops Out"
SEASON 2 -- "The Undergraduate" (I LOVE the part where the late, great Norman Fell, who was also in the original movie "The Graduate", tells Shirley that while she doesn't have the face to "corrupt" young Paul, she certainly has the legs!)
SEASON 3 -- "Forgive Us Our Debts"
SEASON 4 -- "The Diplomat"

FAVORITE "Keith" EPISODES:

SEASON 1 -- "Partridge Up A Pear Tree"
SEASON 2 -- "Waiting For Bolero"
SEASON 3 -- "This Male Chauvinist Piggy Went To Market"
SEASON 4 -- "Heartbreak Keith" (My favorite bit was where Keith tells Shirley that "Two trains on the track of love are bound to collide."!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ FAVORITE "Reuben" EPISODES:

SEASON 1 -- "They Shoot Managers, Don't They?"
SEASON 2 -- "Hel-l-l-l-p!" (Need I say MORE, the Partridge "men" were HILARIOUS in this one!!)
SEASON 3 -- "Each Dawn I Diet"
SEASON 4 -- "Reuben Kincaid Lives"
FAVORITE "Laurie" EPISODES:

SEASON 1 -- "Not With My Sister, You Don't"
SEASON 2 -- "The Partridge Papers"
SEASON 3 -- "The Trial Of Partridge One"
SEASON 4 -- "The Last Of Howard" (This episode was hysterical throughout! Especially what the ship's captain referred to as "the bunny", "the tutu", and "the garbage can"!)

FAVORITE "Danny" EPISODES:

SEASON 1 -- "See Here, Private Partridge"
SEASON 2 -- "Promise Her Anything, But Give Her A Punch!"
SEASON 3 -- "Only Young Twice"
SEASON 4 -- "A Day Of Honesty"

FAVORITE "Family" EPISODES:

SEASON 1 -- "Go Directly To Jail"
SEASON 2 -- "In 25 Words Or Less..."
SEASON 3 -- "Me And My Shadow" (I love the merry chase the family goes on, trying to outrun the author and his agent!)
SEASON 4 -- "Hate Thy Neighbor" (The fights between Shirley and Mrs. Stevens, are just hysterical, especially with the kids spying on them from a bedroom window!)

A FINAL NOTE: Since there weren't very many episodes featuring Chris and Tracy (except for "Home Is Where The Heart Was", which I LOVED!), I couldn't include them in this list. :cry:

Of course, your own choices may vary, and I'd really love to see who chooses what, and why. So, take all the time you need, study the Episode Guide (I did) and, by all means, SHARE! Laughing

---------Family-----------
I left My Heart In Cincinatti
Don't Bring your guns to town Santa
Whatever happened to moby dick
Swiss Family Partridge

---------Keith-----------
Male Chauvanist Piggy Went To Market
Dr Jeckyll & Mr Partridge
Whatever happened To Keith Partridge
Beethovan Brahms & Partridge

--------Laurie----
Miss Partridge, Teacher
Old Scrapmouth
To Play or not To Play
Ain't Loveth Grand
Trial of Partridge One

------Danny----
Promise her anything but give her a punch
I am Curious Partridge
Nag Nag Nag
Strike out King

----Shirley---

The Diplomat
S.O.S (loved the Captain's last name-- Corwin!)
When Mother Gets Married
M is For Many Things

---Reubin--

Each Dawn I Diet
Reubin Kincaid lives
Al in the Family
Go Diectly to Jail

----kids---
A Tale of Two Hamsters
Red Woodloe Story
Home is where the Heart was
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to do a top ten list, starting with my favorite:

1. Don't Bring Your Guns To Town, Santa
2. What? And Get Out Of Show Business? (pilot)
3. But The Memory Lingers On
4. Whatever Happened To Moby Dick?
5. A Knight In Shining Armor
6. The Eleven-Year Itch
7. Old Scrapmouth
8. Soul Club
9. A Man Called Snake
10. I Can Get It For You Retail

My least favorite episodes were any of the ones with the grandparents.

:-)
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, guys: Very Happy

Thanks for responding.

Gelbwaksunsung:
I couldn't agree more about that white tiger-striped suit! YIKES!!! Laughing

Cheryl:
You're a girl after my own heart -- as always, Cassidydiva! Wink

Gord:
SO GOOD to see you back aboard the big, Mondrian bus as I was MISSING you, you nut! Don't be such a stranger in future, okay! Very Happy
patsylilly
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Favorite Episode Reply with quote

Some of my favorite episodes with Keith were when he was failing Sex Education in School, When he got his own apartment, when he dated the princess, and when he dated the attractive, but very serious girl in the last season. I think she was into classical music only! At the end of the episdoe Ricky Segal sang a song to them. Some of you on this board have mentioned the espisodes already, but I don't know the titles of the episodes too well.

Patty Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: