[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Dave Madden Autobiography Is Now Available!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Dave Reply with quote

I had thought of starting a thread on Dave's book but I didn't want to spoil anything for the fans who did not read his book yet.

Who won the trivia contest? Congrats to all the winners!

Lu
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
danny-boy wrote:
Will Dave appear at book signings or sell autographed copies through his website? In any case, CONGRATULATIONS DAVE on the book!

Dave will be at the Los Angeles Book Expo in the end of April, I believe. But I do not know of an actual book tour.

That's one reason why I ran the Trivia Contest. You could have had a free autographed book delivered right to your door. You should have entered. :D

Here's the link to the event:

http://www.latimes.com/extras/festivalofbooks/
Rats-gonna miss it- we don't get back from our cruise til the 30th!
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Randy64
Official Bus Driver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Dave Reply with quote

Lu groovychick1970 wrote:

I had thought of starting a thread on Dave's book but I didn't want to spoil anything for the fans who did not read his book yet.

Lu

I haven't read the book. I just ordered it this weekend. I was a runner-up in the trivia contest. I missed at least 3 questions. Two I left blank because I didn't have a clue and one I put the name of the actress instead of the character. What a dodo I am! Laughing Oh well, I'm happy to be receiving an autographed photo. Very Happy
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Dave Reply with quote

Lu groovychick1970 wrote:

Lu

Hi all: Very Happy

Thanks so much, Lu, for bringing up the subject of the contest as I was the FIRST of THREE WINNERS of D.M.'s autographed bio! Scott informed us all over the weekend, but I didn't want to say anything as I didn't want to appear to be "bragging"! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Now the cat's out the bag, I can't tell you all JUST HOW THRILLED I AM to be among the winners as I am a HUUUUUGE DM fan!!! I've been watching him for years, loving his appearances on "Bewitched" and the like; most of my fave PF eps prominently feature Reuben, Keith and Danny out to "rescue" Shirley and/or Laurie, with the usual hapless results! What a brillant funnyman and, from what I understand, one of the nicest people in "the industry"! I simply can't wait to receive my copy, and believe me, you won't EVER see it on eBay!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Truth be told, given my admittedly "Flintstonian" equipment (picture tiny dinosaurs running aboard a treadmill), I wasn't expecting to win at all but, surprisingly enough, my little Webby came through for me in a pinch! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Thanks again, Scott, for having this contest in the first place (hopefully, there'll be MORE such PF fun in future), and giving me this rare opportunity!!!

YOU DA MAN!!! Cool
Randy64
Official Bus Driver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Congratulations, Daydreamer! Very Happy
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Daydreamer (as well as the other winners). Now aren'tcha glad you came back??? Wink I bow to your PF/DM knowledge!

I missed the contest (I thought it was being posted in this thread, so when I didn't see it, I figured something happened and it was called off). Where can I find the questions? I'd love to know how I would've done! Smile
Randy64
Official Bus Driver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go, TVGord, sorry you missed the contest.
http://www.cmongethappy.com/bulletin/viewtopic.php?t=2343&sid=faf7d838ef2b1bda24e2f2e5d282b8f7

Last edited by Randy64 on Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy Very Happy and Gord Very Happy --

Thanks so much for the kind words, gentlemen. You make me feel just like the (Laurie)Belle of the Ball! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Wink
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVGord wrote:

I missed the contest (I thought it was being posted in this thread, so when I didn't see it, I figured something happened and it was called off). Where can I find the questions? I'd love to know how I would've done! Smile

Gee -- that's surprising. I put the thread in the Announcements section, and even gave people a week's heads-up that the contest was being run, and where the questions were going to be posted. I'm sorry you missed it.
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a little off-topic but maybe not everyone is aware of this but you won't miss a post regardless of what forum it's in if you click on "view posts since last visit" on the front page of the board. Smile
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention that when you log into the Bulletin Board each time, there is a red "New Posts" icon next to each section in which a post has been added.

Then each individual thread is highlighted when a new post has been added. So, I am confused as to how people didn't know. Confused I tried very hard to make this contest a fair one -- even posting on Mrs. Neugast's board telling people you don't have to be a registered member. Confused I'm stumped.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi all,

I wasn't complaining at ALL, so I'm sorry if it came off that way. I do hit the "view posts since last visit" everytime I check here, but I must have overlooked the contest. It's all on me! :-)

I just wanted to check out the questions to see what I missed (thanks for the link, Randy). I wasn't even really expecting to win. I still treasure the cmongethappy.com mouse pad I won years ago for another trivia event, so I've got my cool souvenir from this fantastic site!

Scott, you're heart's so big! I appreciate you "explaining", but it's not necessary. I'm responsible for missing the contest. Smile

I love you guys!
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwww, Gord: :D

You KNOW we all love you, too, you adorable madman! Group hug everyone!! Wink
Randy64
Official Bus Driver

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's AWESOME!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: