[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Dave Madden Autobiography Is Now Available!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Dave Madden Autobiography Is Now Available! Reply with quote

We've received word that Dave Madden has completed his autobiography and it's now available! It's called Reuben On Wry and if it's as funny as the title, we're in for a real treat! You can order it directly from amazon.com by clicking here:

http://www.amazon.com/Reuben-Wry-Memoirs-Dave-Madden/dp/1419681958/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199570134&sr=8-1

Dave's book even has his own website, which can be found here:

http://www.reubenkincaidbook.com

Happy reading!!

Scott :D

PS: Dave may even be reading these posts -- so when you've had a chance to read it, let him know what you think! I'm ordering mine now. Very Happy
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so weird. I JUST finished (not ten minutes ago) Danny's Random Acts Of Badness. I loved it!

Since the writer's strike is on, I've been reading all sorts of TV-related bios that I've bought and put on the shelf for years. I was going to read David's Come On Get Happy next, but I might check the bookstores tomorrow to see if Dave Madden's book is on the shelves (sounds like it might be online only, shelf space being what it is in bookstoes these days).

BTW, I read Betty White's Here We Go Again before Danny. Loved it! Before that, I read Rosie's Celebrity Detox. Very disappointing.

Idea Have we ever thought of having a book club thread? That could be fun, everybody in this wacky Mondrian webworld all reading the same book at the same time. Idea Very Happy
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Madden Trivia Contest

OK, here's the deal . . . I purchased an extra copy of the book from amazon.com. As soon as it arrives, we'll have a Dave Madden Trivia Contest, with the Grand Prize being a copy of Dave's new book! Three Runner-ups will receive a color photo of Reuben and The Partridge Family. :D

Here's how it will work:

I'll post 20 trivia questions pertaining to Dave Madden/Reuben Kincaid. I'll announce a time that the contest will be uploaded right here -- to the Bulletin Board (since the NEWS section is still a bit wonky), so everyone has a fair shot at entering. I'll start the contest on a weekend so people are home from work and available. The thread will be locked, and your answers will be emailed to me. The first person to answer all 20 questions correctly will receive the book, with the remaining three winners receiving the photos.

So, brush up your Shakespeare -- oops -- I mean your Madden/Kincaid. It'll be fun! Very Happy
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, Scott! I know I'm going to lose but I can't wait to play! Smile
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a fun contest! I'm glad Dave is having his book published - I'll order mine now too!

Ed
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just Read it & loved it! It held my attention til the very end--I read it in one night! Posted my comments on his blog!
BTW- kudos to Gilmore & CmonGetHappy.com for getting mentioned in the book!
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It's gonna be a very thin book" Laurie Partridge in response to Reuben Kincaid announcement of writing the thrilling adventures of Reuben Kincaid.

Ok! I just couln't resist, look forward to reading Dave's book. Thanks for the heads up Scott.

Dean-O
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It Is!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
little laurie
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if you can buy this book at a book store? It look like it would really be a funny book. I like Dave Madden a lots! I remember watching him on Alice.

Peace,
Little Laurie
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received my copy yesterday, through amazon.com.

It's a fun read. I'm learning lots about Dave I didn't know. It's definitely worth picking up. :D

I'm up to chapter 5 now and I definitely recommend it. Dave tells some great stories. It's relatively inexpensive on amazon.com ($13.99) and there are some great photos in there as well. Very Happy
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Dave Madden, Author Reply with quote

Dave, if you're reading this, I just received your book and I'm 3/4 of the way through. I love it, and I catch myself 'smiling out loud' if you will, as I read. I'm so glad you finally decided to do it.
Since everyone's memories of such a long time ago differ due to their age at the time, it's great to get a new perspective on your experience in the business and in your own life. The fact that it is scandal-free makes it an even more pleasant read. I think an account of your 'normal' life is refreshing and delightful. I wish there were more photos, though. If I wrote you requesting an autographed picture, I would NEVER sell it!

So, when is the movie coming out? Laughing

Still a fan,

Lu
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Here's one of the very first reviews of Dave's book!

REUBEN ON WRY THE MEMOIRS OF DAVE MADDEN
Dave Madden
Book Surge
North Charleston South Carolina
www.booksurge.com
www.reubenkincaidbook.com
ISBN 978-1-4196-8195-0 13.99

Finally there is a book by the actor who played Reuben Kincaid from the TV show "The Partridge Family" He goes behind the scenes and tells how the show began, his relationship with other cast members and he explains why the show that was a number one hit got the ax. The book is more than just the story of that series. Madden tells about his seasons on the mega hit "Rowan and Martin's Laugh In" the forerunner to "Saturday Night Live," the show "Camp Runamuck" and his seven years on "Alice" Oddly enough he points out that "Partridge" was the only show,with a couple of exceptions,
That he has maintained friendships with other cast members. Unlike other autobiographies by stars, this one is always very positive and the reader is struck with how many friends Madden has made over his 50 year career, that he is still in contact with. REUBEN ON WRY is the most perfect title that will have readers laughing out loud by the many jokes and stories Madden masterfully tells.
***********************************************************************************
danny-boy
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Dave appear at book signings or sell autographed copies through his website? In any case, CONGRATULATIONS DAVE on the book!
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Dave Madden, Author Reply with quote

Lu groovychick1970 wrote:

Dave, if you're reading this, I just received your book and I'm 3/4 of the way through. I love it, and I catch myself 'smiling out loud' if you will, as I read. I'm so glad you finally decided to do it.
Since everyone's memories of such a long time ago differ due to their age at the time, it's great to get a new perspective on your experience in the business and in your own life. The fact that it is scandal-free makes it an even more pleasant read. I think an account of your 'normal' life is refreshing and delightful. I wish there were more photos, though. If I wrote you requesting an autographed picture, I would NEVER sell it!

So, when is the movie coming out? Laughing

Still a fan,

Lu
There are no photos of Shirley (even the ones Dave personally took) because of her "hubby" (an entire chapter on that!)
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danny-boy wrote:
Will Dave appear at book signings or sell autographed copies through his website? In any case, CONGRATULATIONS DAVE on the book!

Dave will be at the Los Angeles Book Expo in the end of April, I believe. But I do not know of an actual book tour.

That's one reason why I ran the Trivia Contest. You could have had a free autographed book delivered right to your door. You should have entered. :D

Here's the link to the event:

http://www.latimes.com/extras/festivalofbooks/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: