[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

The Partridge Family Returns To TV
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say I have a vivid memory of how the show began but the teaser and then the opening credits sounds familiar to me. In fact don't most sitcoms even today begin that way?
GeoffB40
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: The Partridge Family returns to TV Reply with quote

Scott here in Australia, the PF always began the way you are now seeing them.... prologue, theme song (break), then Writer and Director credits sequing into Act II. In fact this was the way all Screen Gems shows were screened in this country (ie. "Bewitched", "I Dream of Jeannie", "The Monkees", "Gidget" and "The Flying Nun").

Strangely enough, all of the above with the exception of "The Flying Nun" have been preserved this way on DVD. "Flying Nun" begins on DVD with the theme music (which actually sounds muffled!) and then into pristine picture and sound quality for the rest of each episode.

When the series premiered on cable TV in 1995 we were supplied with Brand New prints from Columbia Pictures Television (now Sony) and although heavily edited by some 2-3 minutes each they were essentially shown like this: Opening theme song, W&D credits, prologue and then into Act II. More often than not, the prologue was the part of each episode that was edited out. Thank god for DVD.

At least we have all of the intended footage, even if each one now begins other than the way we originally saw them.
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(((Sigh))) Sad As we all we L.A. folks know by now, KDOC is no longer repeating The Partridge Family. Went to their website (seems I'm the only PF there Shocked ) a couple weeks' ago and the moderator told me that due to poor ratings, they were FORCED to discontinue their second run of the show, so it's gone and won't be back. Crying or Very sad

Still, I'm grateful they at least gave all four seasons (in chronological order, I might add) an initial run as it gave me the INCREASINGLY RARE Rolling Eyes opportunity to TAPE THE REMAINING TWO SEASONS for my collection, so now I, too, FINALLY have the ENTIRE series on DVD and VHS! YES!! 8)

Of course, I remain ever-hopeful that Sony will one day "see the light" and release S3 and S4 on DVD, but at least now if they DON'T, I won't feel QUITE SO DESPERATE as when I had only S1 and S2!!! Surprised Shocked Confused :evil:

Truth be told, before KDOC-TV inadvertently "intervened" on my behalf, I was getting to the point where I was actually considering bidding on the INDIVIDUAL, reel-to-reel(?) eps sometimes available on eBay, THEN getting one of those old-fashioned, back-in-da-day school projectors we all remember SOMEWHERE, and piecing together the remaining seasons!! Shocked Surprised Evil or Very Mad Gratefully, as it turned out, I didn't HAVE to go that route!! Laughing

Though I MUST CONFESS I WASN'T above asking a friend to burn the long-awaited albums "BB" and "Cassidy: Live!" onto CDs for me as I just COULDN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!! Embarassed Razz Laughing
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are very lucky as I don't have seasons 3 and 4 and am stuck to waiting patiently for Sony to get their act togetyher (if ever)

I hope DC's recent success with the remix CD and the interest in his chat might give Sony a hint, but I"m not holding my breath.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: