[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

C'Mon Get Happy:The Partridge Family Story on ABC Family
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnnyd1788
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: C'Mon Get Happy:The Partridge Family Story on ABC Family Reply with quote

This isn't any real news, but ABC Family or whoever they are partnered with now (it could be called CBS Family for all I know!) is reruning The Partridge Family Story that aired a few years back. I don't remember it too well, but I do know I wasn't too fond of it, even when I wasn't that big of a fan back then. Their schedule says it will air tomorrrow (Saturday) May 21 at 8 pm ET.

Sorry if this has been said before.
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

Location: Either in SanPueblo,CA or getting on the bus being driven by the lovely Shirley to the next gig

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: yes Reply with quote

I saw it and didn't think it was all that great. Honestly it had no real detail it was all very dull. I thought they showed WAY too much Danny and needed a lot more Shirley and Susan. Am I right?
Lizzie
johnnyd1788
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much. But i think it was based on a book Danny wrote himself, so I have no clue.

Who thought those painted on freckles made Danny look like Howdy Doody? I totally did.

And who had to quickly listen to the REAL Partridge Family after the movie was over because of the bad song covers?
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

Location: Either in SanPueblo,CA or getting on the bus being driven by the lovely Shirley to the next gig

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sooo thought that those peeps coul dnot sing. It was a disgrace to partridge lovers everywhere.
sunshine eyes
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As with many biopics there has to be some time frame errors. In the PF movie, we see someone dressed as I Dream of Jeannie, a show that was off the air by the time the PF debuted.
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really?
xpffanx
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actually thought it was pretty good, it was the movie that turned me on to the Partridge Family Very Happy
stevechapman
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed both of them. They were just presented from a different angle. I think i enjoyed David's better than Danny's, But they were both good.
partridgefan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I watched it and taped it when it first aired a few years back.

One thing I remember that I found odd was that they had the family
singing in the garage with their costumes on. I don't recall them ever doing that on the show. They only wore costumes during the concert scenes.

I can't remember any other details, but do remember there was some
other things that were not right, like the "I Dream Of Jeannie" thing
mentioned in previous post.
Stevie05
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Movie Reply with quote

OMG! I loved this movie! Not because it was great, but there were some great/funny scenes. Like where David's character is screeching about them changing his voice on the early recordings! And he is SO TALL! It was so distracting! Geez, DC is pretty elf-like and this guy must have been 6'2.

Anyway, the kid who played Danny (with the silly painted on freckles) is now playing Bree's son Andrew on Desperate Housewives.

I'll watch it whenever it comes on. The part where the "Partridges" face off with the "Bradys"....classic!
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Brady-Partridge Face Off? Reply with quote

Haven't seen the bio-pic. Brady-Partridge face off? What happens?
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The writers made up some silly scenerio where the two casts met on the backlot of a studio and had "words" with each other about whose show was better. Totally lame, and it never happened.
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: movie Reply with quote

I thought that was one of the worst scenes in the movie. I did watch it...call it morbid curiosity? Then again, most of these tv movies are really hokey, I thought the same about all the movies they made about other shows as well, like Three's Company, Mork and Mindy, and the rest.
IloveKeith
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the movie when it first came out a couple years ago, but I only saw certain parts of it and the one I remember the most was when David Cassidy was preforming and that girl died of heart failure. It was sad. Crying or Very sad

Then last year they played it again on VH1 because they were having that "In Search of the Partridge Family" and they played "when the Partridge Family ruled the world." I liked all that stuff because that's what made me get into the show. Because when I first saw David Cassidy I was like, "Oh My Gosh, he's soooo hot!" and ever since then i was hooked.

But anyway getting back to the movie:
I actually like it. I mean yeah some things were different but c'mon they can't remember every little detail that happened.

The only thing that I didn't really like about it is that they made David Cassidy seem like such an a** hole like every second and he wasn't really like that, I mean sure he has some problems with the show but they made him seem like such a prick. and they made Susan Dey look like she was on drugs or something and that's not how it really was.

but still I liked it.
-Leigh
sunshine eyes
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brady Partridge fued was stupid, and they were using terms that people in the early seventies never said.

And in the 3's Company movie, you see Don Knotts before he was cast wearing typical Mr. Furley clothes even though he didn't dress that way off screen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: