[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Opening Credits
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marquise
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: Opening Credits Reply with quote

I have a question about the opening credit photos used during the show's four season run.
I seem to remember that some of the photos used changed during the show's third year. I think it was David and Danny's pictures that were changed. I was watching some third and fourth season episodes from my Columbia House tapes and noticed that the pictures used in the opening credits were the same ones used in the show's first season, I don't know why because I do remember different pics of Danny and David used during the end of the show's run.

Were the opening credits of the show tampered with over the years? I also remember "C'mon Get Happy" being used in place of "When We're Singing" on first season episodes when they aired on the USA network in the late 1980s.
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the second season credits, close-up pictures of David and Danny replaced those from the previous season. And as previously mentioned, Brian Forster replaced Jeremy (Sniff sniff!) Gelbwalks due to the casting change. Personally I preferred the profile of David used in the first season credits. I suppose they wanted to maximize their use of David's image and likeness now that he had become the greatest teen idol of all time!

Ed
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe they enlarged Susan's as well. Same image, just cropped closer. I have old tapes from WOR in New York when they ran reruns in the early 90s. They have the correct credit images in place. Very Happy
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And hopefully, they'll be "correct" when/if they're ultimately released on DVD. Man, I'm enjoying these!! They look & sound soooooo good, and it's GREAT to see them w/o edits (yeah, I know, except for #25)!! SWEET! Very Happy
Marquise
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Scott I remember the Partridge's run on WOR in NYC Weekday mornings! I can only go back as far the reruns on WNEW (Metromedia) (now WNYW - Fox 5) in the afternoons along with "The Brady Bunch" in the mid '70s.

I don't remember the original series run I was born in 1970. Wink
Marquise
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully future season DVD sets will have the correct opening credits in place because the Columbia House versions although complete "episode wise" use the wrong opening credit images for the 2nd,3rd and 4th seasons.
Paul_Maul
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marquise wrote:
Hey Scott I remember the Partridge's run on WOR in NYC Weekday mornings! I can only go back as far the reruns on WNEW (Metromedia) (now WNYW - Fox 5) in the afternoons along with "The Brady Bunch" in the mid '70s.

I distinctly remember every day I was home sick as a kid (would have been 1975-1977ish) that the Partridge Family was on at 9:30 AM (on either Channel 5 or 9), I believe after the Brady Bunch which was on at 9AM.

I religiously enjoyed watching tons of TV while home sick alone as I wasn't allowed this luxury while supervised Smile

I also found "Love American Style" somewhat decadent as a 10-year old. Embarassed
DANSHAY
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Credits Reply with quote

If I remeber this right, here is the cronology of the credits.

The first season has the 'profile' of David, a younger picture of Danny, and Jeremy as Chris with the original theme "When We're Singin'".

Season two retained the same shots of David and Danny but replaced Brian as Chris along with the new theme "C'mon Get Happy".

Season three/four has the newer picture of Danny (I 'think') and the newer shot of David since in this shot, he has the pooka (sp?) shells which made their debut in the third season.

When it was syndicated in the 70s, I remember the original theme in season one. However (not sure why they did this) they replaced it sometime after that (maybe in the 80s...someone may know that better than I).

Screen Gems did the same with the Monkees. There are different credits for Season 1 and 2 yet I remember from reruns as a kid, all the episodes had the Season 2 credits. When I saw the show again on MTV, there were two episodes (Royal Flush and Too Many Girls I believe) that had the first season credits and they've since been restored proper on the DVDs.

How'd I do??? I live for acceptance amongst my peers. Very Happy
Paul_Maul
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Credits Reply with quote

DANSHAY wrote:

How'd I do??? I live for acceptance amongst my peers. Very Happy

JMAR5
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed this too. I mentioned this in another post regarding the DVD of the second season. It seems like they used the later credits from seasons 3 and 4, because there are credits with "Cmon Get Happy" and Brian Forster with the younger pics of David and Danny. They seem to use that in syndication more. So I always thought the younger pics of David/Danny w/ Brian are from Season 2 and the newer older pics of David/Danny started in Season 3.
Partridgefan1970
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian's picture was changed in Season 4, I as well hope they retain the original credit's. Brian's photo was a current photo with the longer hair he had in season 4, I wish they would have updated Suzanne's pic as well for the 4th season.
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Danny Reply with quote

When I bought the VHS tapes from the late '90's (12 episodes on 4 VHS), It seems that they used Danny in Season 1 on all of those when they showed the later episodes from 1971-1974 & not the close up Danny.
JMAR5
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Brian Forster update Reply with quote

It's funny, I never remember seeing the Brian Forster change in season 4.
The only ones I remembered were the Keith and Danny changes. Did they show the updated Brian when it ran in syndication?

It's such a shame this series didn't get the attention the Brady Bunch and Gilligan's Island did, when it went off the air. I can't even remember TVLand running this show once.
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only other picture change I noticed was that Reuben's picture was updated to reflect his moustache in the fourth season. Also in season 5 Shirley's picture was replaced with one by Sandy Duncan.

Ed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: