[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

New David Cassidy DVD being released in May 2005
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because he has a larger fanbase, is more marketable, and a Donny DVD is more likely to generate ROI (return on investment) than a DC concert DVD. Budgets aren't handed out evenly to every project--projects with the higher sales potential get the larger budgets.
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOnny also had a CD to promote-wouldn't that contribute to a higher budget too?
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: 1970's Concert Reply with quote

Aww, this talk isn't getting us any old concert footage! I was at 2 DC concerts in the 70's, but who can remember anything from being 9 years old? Question

Crying or Very sad
Ralphie
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Newest Cassidy Concert DVD Reply with quote

I agree the new one is better than the one from 2002. The ultimate
highlight for me as a PF fan was finally hearing the live version of "Echo
Valley 2-6809!!" It almost sounds like the original recording from "Sound
Magazine!" and thankfully he's sticking very close to the original arrangements and background vocal parts, so it really sounded GREAT to
me! I also loved the rockin' cool version of "Common Thief." Like he
says in his intro to "I Write The Songs" (I'm a huge Manilow fan too) no
one in the US realizes he (David) recorded it first!! Of course we die-hard
Cassidy fans knew! It still bugs the hell out of me how the various record
labels BOTCHED his solo career!! He recorded so many fantastic songs
that should have been HUGE radio hits, and would have been with the
right promotion....The only negative for me about this new dvd is the same one I had about the 2002 dvd...his "performing style" gets a little
to "cheesy" for me, he looks like Elvis with those "karate moves" with
every tempo change!! Thanks for listening! Ralphie
Topanga
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: David's new concert DVD Reply with quote

I just got mine from Amazon and on my DVD there are 2 spots where the video seems to break up. Once after David sings Ricky's Tune and again during I Woke Up In Love This Morning. Did anyone else find this on their copy.

In the past when I have found glitches on DVD's and returned them they were also on the second copy I got. If no one else had this trouble then I think I should return mine. Let me know
Ralphie
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: dvd from amazon Reply with quote

Dear Topanga...my copy is also from amazon, and there are NO technical
problems at all. Did you try playing it more than once and still have
glitches? If so perhaps your copy is defective. Good luck! Ralphie
Logan Mays II
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: JANUARY Reply with quote

HI LOGAN MAYS II HERE JUST WATCHED THE NEW DAVID CASSIDY DVD LIVE IN LONDON 2004 GREAT SHOW NOT QUITE AS HI ENERGY AS THE 2002 DVD BUT STILL A GREAT CONCERT LOVED THE SIT DOWN PART OF THE SHOW JUST DAVID AND HIS GUITAR I'LL MEET YOU HALFWAY SOUNDED VERY DIFFERENT RICKY'S TUNE WAS PERFECT ECHO VALLEY WAS A REAL WINNER WITH THE CROWD AND I AGREE WITH RALPHIE COMMON THIEF WAS STUNNING AND I HAVE NEVER HEARD DAYDREAMER SUNG BETTER I WOULD REALY LIKE TO SEE PREYING ON MY MIND ADDED TO THE SET. RALPHIE MENTIONED I WRITE THE SONGS AND HOW THE RECORD COMPANY BOTCHED HIS CAREER IN THE MID SEVENTIES I AGREE IT'S A COMPLETE DISGRACE DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT JANUARY I BELIEVE DAVID RECORDED THIS GREAT SONG AROUD THE SAME TIME AS I WRITE THE SONGS I DON'T THINK IT WAS RELEASED AS A SINGLE IT WAS JUST ON AN ALBUM THEN A GROUP CALLED PILOT RECORDED A CARBON COPY VERSION AND HAD A HUGE HIT IN THE UK AND AUSTRALIA AND IM SURE IN OTHER COUNTRIES WHAT ABOUT THE USA ? ANYWAY THIS WAS JUST ANOTHER BLUNDER BY THE RECORD COMPANY WHO THE HELL WAS IN CHARGE OF MAKING THOSE BLUNDERS? ANYWAY IF YOU HAVN'T GOT YOUR NEW DAVID CASSIDY DVD GET IT OTHERWISE YOU ARE MISSING OUT ON SOMETHING SPECIAL.
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the phrase "run on sentence" mean anything to you?? Shocked Wink
CHEZ
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh Logan, I love DC's January but I have a feeling DC probably recorded it after hearing Pilot's version - they had a number 1 hit with it in Jan 1975! I went to see them - ah memories! :)

I just dug out the liner notes (Home Is Where The Heart Is) and DC says that Gerry Beckley played it to him on his return from the UK! And they played it over and over 30-40 times that night! (Not sure if he means they played it or played the record!?) It's quite interesting but it would take me an age to type up...

I'm always amazed how in the states I Write The Songs is associated with Barry Manilow - over here DC had a huge hit with it! ( And before him too! ) I think it was what they called a double A side (?) The other side was banned by the BBC - Get It Up For Love. I remember he ad libbed a bit on TOTPs which was nice too!

Preying On My Mind is one of my favourites! And I'd pay too, Lu! Some old concert footage would be fun to see!

Chez Smile
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Logan -- your posts are interesting to read, but very difficult to make out because you don't use any puncuation. Is there any way you can post with punctuation? It'll be easier to read what you have to say. Thanks! Very Happy
Logan Mays II
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: PUNCTUATION Reply with quote

HI LOGAN MAYS II NO PROBLEM SCOTT I TEND TO TYPE HOW I TALK WITH OUT A BREAK I WILL GET MY SECRATARY TO TYPE UP ANY FUTURE POSTS. THANKS FOR READING ANYWAY JOEYSOCAL I GET THE MESSAGE. AND THANKYOU FOR THE INFO CHEZ YOU MAY BE RIGHT ITS JUST THAT DAVIDS VERSION WAS THE FIRST ONE I EVER HEARD I AM USED TO ENDING UP WITH EGG ON MY FACE. Surprised Rolling Eyes Embarassed
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logan, don't be silly. If it's a pain for you to type, just continue on and we'll decipher. Very Happy
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: January Reply with quote

Hey Logan, you crack me up. Keep up the stream of conciousness. It's great. Very Happy "January" was released as a single in the UK (now known as the EU). Of course it is on the "Home Is Where The Heart Is" LP. It is also on a CD called "When I'm a Rock 'N' Roll Star: The DAVID CASSIDY Collection" If you don't own one, you might beable to pick up one on eBay. Wink I must agree with you, it is a great song. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: