[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

New David Cassidy DVD being released in May 2005
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brown Eyes
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: New David Cassidy DVD being released in May 2005 Reply with quote

Hey Gang,

I was looking around on Amazon.com and typed in David Cassidy and a new DVD is being released at the end of May from one of his 2004 concerts. Does everyone already know about this?
Mental Cassidy Fanatic
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: DVD Release Reply with quote

The DVD you are refering to is the one of David's concert in London in 2004.
I have it and as usual it is brilliant, he also has a video out which was done at his concert in Glasgow in 2002, again a good one cause it was done in my home town.
Brown Eyes
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you have it already? Amazon says it isn't being released until May 31, 2005?
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: New David Cassidy DVD Reply with quote

This DVD was released for Region 2 in November 2004. The May 2005 release is Region 1.
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: David's NEXT DVD Reply with quote

Actually, it was released on Region 0, but as some recorders couldn't play it, it was re-released on Region 1 as well.
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: New David Cassidy DVD Reply with quote

The Region 2 DVD for that region's players worked fine. The Region 0 DVD's out of Japan were to be played in all regions, but wasn't the case. But if you happen to have a multi-region DVD player, the Region 0 DVD would work on that player. And of course Region 1 is for North America. Which will be released at the end of the month.
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: New David Cassidy DVD Reply with quote

I would recommend picking one up. It has a section of David's show where it is just him and a guitar. That was worth the price for me, on that alone.
It was so casual and loose....just a guy and his guitar. I wouldn't mind catching that live. Wish it had "Point Me In The Direction of Albuquerque" on it. Have seen David drag this one out from time to time. Would love to see him raid deeper into his catalog of PF/Solo stuff more often. And more cover songs. "No Reply" & "Gimme Shelter".....excellent choices to burn through. I liked this DVD a tad bit more than the 2002 Glasgow DVD. Did I just do a review of this DVD?
KO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two probs with this disc-- unlike the previous DVD, it's not in surround sound. Old disc was 5.1, this is 2.0(!).

Also, there are sync problems throughout. I thought at first DC was pulling a Milli Vanilli and re-recorded (fixed) his vocals after the fact... I believe instead it's simply sloppy editing. It's very easy to lose sync on Final Cut Pro-- I know 'cuz I edit/master DVDs myself.
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2002 DVD was so cheaply done--I prefer this new one despite the sound issues that you mentioned. David gave a stronger performance, definitely played the guitar better (despite one or two awkward moments), and looked much better. I like the set list--he does some solo material in the UK that fans in the US rarely get to hear. Plus, the 2002 DVD featured far too many fan shots for my taste.
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: 2002 vs 2004 Reply with quote

I did notice this new DVD is only in 2.0, where the other concert DVD offered 5.1,DTS 5.1 & 2.0. I find that IMHO the new!5{tter (certainly filmed better). Doesn't have any hot spots as the last one did like in "Hollywood Nights" and a few other songs. David's vocals are a little hot, they could have tweaked the gain down a little bit in the mix down. But other than that I like this one a bit better than 2002. Don't get me wrong, I LIKE 'em both. It's just that I like the overall content (filming, showmanship, set list) better on the 2004 DVD. But I would have to agree the editing on this new one could use a polish.
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: DC 2004 DVD Reply with quote

I forgot to say, that a fine example of a great sounding Concert DVD would be "Toto 25th Anniversary" Tour. If sound quality on a DVD is important to you, I would say rent this DVD. Of course one should really BUY one, but, ya know.... But give it a listen and you should see (hear) what I mean. The thing I don't understand is that the guy who directed the 2002 DVD also directed Diana Krall's "Live In Paris" DVD and did a wonderful job on that one. By the way, I believe that the same Director of this new 2004 DVD also directed Donny's new Concert DVD, anyone check that one out yet?
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Donny's new concert DVD.
It is excellent. That is the way David's DVD should have been done.
Maybe the director was a Donny fan.

Darryl
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: DVD Reply with quote

LOL, Darryl! Good one!!

WHY can't we get DC's 1970's concerts on DVD???? SO what if there are people on it who need to be paid. I'll pay!!!

(Lu whines as she signs off......) Pray
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's more likely that Donny had a bigger budget.
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Donny' Budget Reply with quote

Why would Donny have a bigger budget? They both record for the same company.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: