[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

YOUR TOP 3 EPISODES FIRST SEASON AND WHY ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Logan Mays II
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: YOUR TOP 3 EPISODES FIRST SEASON AND WHY ? Reply with quote

HI LOGAN MAYS HERE WITH THE RELEASE OF THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON ON DVD I THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE FUN TO FIND OUT WHAT EVERYBODYS FAVOURITE 3 EPISODES FROM THE 1ST SEASON MIGHT BE AND WHY I GUESS A LOT OF FANS ARE LOOKING AT THESE EPISODES FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A WHILE AND MAY HAVE A DIFFERENT FAVOURITE THAN SAY 1 3 5 OR EVEN 35 YEARS AGO IN 1 MONTH'S TIME I WILL POST WHICH EPISODES CAME IN 1ST 2ND AND 3RD. HERE IS MY TOP 3 1 - NOT WITH MY SISTER YOU DON'T EPISODE 23 VERY FUNNY EPISODE DAVID AND DANNY WORK EXTREMELY WELL TOGETHER AS DANNY LEADS KEITH INTO ONE STICKY SITUATION AFTER ANOTHER I LOVED IT WHEN DANNY SAYS TO KEITH IVE WATCHED YOU BUNGLE THIS WHOLE THING FROM THE START GREAT PERFOMANCE TO BY SUSAN DEY AND SHIRLEY JONES WITH A TERRIFIC SONG TO FINISH I'LL MEET YOU HALFWAY. 2 - LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT EPISODE 6 LOVE THE STORYLINE DAVID LOOKS A LITTLE UNEASY IN THE ROLE BUT DANNY SHIRLEY SUSAN AND DAVE REALLY SHINE IN THEIR ROLES GREAT MOMENT NEAR END ON BUS AS DAVID SINGS SOMEBODY WANTS TO LOVE YOU 3 WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE OLD SONGS EPISODE 3 I LOVE THIS EPISODE BECAUSE OF RAY BOLGER EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS EPISODE IS HIS SUPPORT ACT HE HAS CHARM TO SPARE JUST WATCH SHIRLEY'S REACTIONS TO THE ANTICS OF RAY THEY ARE PRICELESS SO THATS IT I WOULD LOVE TO HERE FROM THE REST OF YOU OUT THERE YOURS SINCERELY LOGAN .
Brown Eyes
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Three Favorites:

1) "What? And Get Out Of Show Business?" - The Partridge Family Pilot episode will always be one of my favorites for many reasons. First, everytime I watch it, it always brings back the warm sentimental feelings I experienced when I watched the show for the very first time when it first aired 35 years ago. I was 8 years old at the time. Life was so innocent and free back then. There's just something about watching them come together as a group for the first time when they sing "Let The Good Times In" and "Together, Having A Ball" that gives me goosebumps! It's also the first time we see how smart, sophisticated, and funny Danny is for his age, especially the interaction he has with Rueben. That scene with him sliding the tape player under the bathroom stall is a classic. Watching how well the family got along and cared for each other made me wish my family was as loving and supportive as them.

2) "But The Memory Lingers On" - This is one of my favorites just because of how funny the episode is. The comedy writing was top notch here. I also like the musical number when they perform in those wacky outfits for the kids in the hospital. Is the hotel lobby the same one that Mike and Carol Brady (along with the rest of the family), went to on their honeymoon episode of The Brady Bunch? Sure looks like it.

3) " A Knight In Shining Armor" - Again, warm memories come flooding back everytime I see this episode with Bobby Sherman. Seeing David and Bobby singing and playing on screen together was every adolecents dream. I remember that, at that time, it was a merging of two teen idol giants and seemed like TV history was being made. It's also a great look back at the mod fashions of the time (neck chokers, low-riding bell bottoms). Stepahine was (is) a great song, and watching Bobby sing it made me swoon Embarassed
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very tough narrowing it to 3 episodes especially since I am especially sentimental about the first season. But here goes:

1) SEE HERE PRIVATE PARTRIDGE - Danny gets drafted was a fun way of making a statement about the military and vietnam war without being controversial. Great dream sequence with Madden as a Marines sergent! Good moments from Shirley getting flabbergasted over the beurocracy. Also I like the 'music' oriented shows and in this one they are making their first album.

2) STAR QUALITY - A gossip columnists remarks that "Danny" has all the earmarks that spell out star quality and of course our favorite red headed hamburger goes on an ego trip. Great bit by Jeremy when he is dressed in a Dodgers uniform and gives a speech ala Lou Gehrig during the dream sequence. In the end we learn the columnists got confused (wonder what they put in her drink?) and she meant to write about Chris's impish grin and tossled hair! Love that Jeremy!

3) KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOUR - For reasons as stated by "Brown Eyes" it was a great moment in tv and teeny bopper history to have Bobby Sherman and David Cassidy in one episode. Great memories of enjoying that one with all my little girlfriends hee hee!!

Ed
TJTropea
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm My favorite 3 episodes from the first season... Lemme think... I would have to say.. the Pilot episode will always rate #1 with me as well... My biggest reason??? Chris has such great lines... and I love the end when he wants to quit because the little girl kills those drums!

Love the one with the Skunk! Ya gotta laugh! PU!

I guess all episodes where Chris got a good line in...

TJ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sunshine eyes
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not in any particular order but my top three are:

Danny and the Mob- featuring a great romp during "That'll Be The Day."

Did You Hear the one about Danny Partridge- the one where he becomes a comedian.

Soul Club- how can anyone not like this one. The audience is a he? Great dialogue.

Honorable mention: Partridge up a Pear Tree.
goodyj
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: favorite 3 - season 1 Reply with quote

My favorites are the ones that have stuck in my memory ever since I saw the original telecasts:

The Premiere episode because it hooked me immediately, not to mention the two dynamite songs we now have on CD!

The Soul Club episode because of the juxtaposition of this very whitebread family interacting with really cool Richard Pryor and Louis Gossett in a hip urban setting, not to mention Bandalala!!

and "Mom Drops Out" which proved that Shirley was as cool as the kids when it came to pop music and their fans and of course a terrific presentation of I Can Feel Your Heartbeat.

Wow, it was hard to pick just three, and my choices could change tomorrow, depending on my mood, but there you go....

Jeff
Lizzie
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And my picks are....

1.) "But The Memory Lingers On"--a classic--love when Reuben asks Keith if he is "still polluted" and Keith says "yeah, but I wish you wouldn't put it like that"!!! Love the whole thing!

2.) "A Partridge Up A Pear Tree"--Danny takes over Keith's finances....and the end scene where Keith tells his girlfriend he can't take her to the prom--very sweet!!

3.) "Danny & The Mob"--my favorite 1st season scene of Danny's, when he mangles his duck!!!

My favorite season is two....so I will be posting my favorites of that one when they release it!!!!
umbrellaman
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here's my picks for the top three. I've been making my way through the set a second time and probably haven't seen any of these episodes since watching them in reruns as a kid, but these really stood out for me:

1) What? And Get Out Of Show Business? It just sets everything up so perfectly! From mom "singing along" to Danny meeting "Mr. Kincaid" to the painting of the bus, it's just a great start to the series and every character is so likable.

2) Love At First Slight--the first Keith-centric episode? I bought the first season on DVD just because I remembered absolutely loving the show when I was a kid but had almost forgotten it over the years since I can only vaguely remember seeing some of it on FX, and I was wondering how I'd feel about David Cassidy both as an actor and singer. Okay, well the singer thing completely got me while watching The Sound Of Money and hearing Leave Myself A Little Time (love the montage too!), but this episode absolutely sold me on the actor part. I loved Keith in this episode. I like that he isn't totally confident and cool but does end up admitting that he kind of misses the attention at the end. I love the scene in the beginning too when that girl is just sitting there in the living room and Laurie is teasing Keith. Then, of course, Somebody Wants To Love You and the Keith driving the bus montage. That sent me rushing to my computer to order all of TPF CDs from Amazon!

3) Soul Club--a lot of fun, strange, but genuinely hearfelt too!

I have to list my top 3 honorable mentions:

1) Whatever Happened To The Old Songs?--Another fun and sweet episode. It was nice to see Shirley's parents and love that Ray Bolger is singing a snippet of Point Me In The Direction Of Albuquerque, which ended up becoming my favorite TPF song! I also loved when Chris explained the definition of "campy" to him, although I can't imagine someone that young knowing that! Laughing

2) See Here Private Partridge--A really funny one but, like Sheriffswell said, with a statement too. Love seeing the family recording their first album and love On The Road! Has anyone ever noticed Chris during the recording sequence? When they get to the part "and I've got time to spare," he momentarily seems like he's about to burst with emotion but then stops himself. Maybe I'm just weird, but I found it absolutely hysterical! I hadn't noticed at all the first time watching but noticed it when using the "jump to the musical performances" feature and ended up playing it about 3 times because I found it so funny! Love the dream sequences!

3) But The Memory Lingers On--Okay, I have this completely abnormal thing about skunks. It's probably because I grew up in the country and have had a few run-ins with them, but they've always freaked me out! Of course, this episode has become a favorite of my 3-year-old niece, and I've now had to watch it over and over, but it's a great episode. It's really funny, and I would have never thought you could center an entire episode of a show around trying to get rid of the smell of a skunk! There's something funny too about this rock band being sprayed perhaps like a lot of critics "sprayed" the show and the music, although I'm probably reading too much into it!

Wow--hope I didn't bore all of you with my incredibly longwinded post! I'm just a nut for old TV shows and can't believe I almost forgot how much TPF meant to me growing up. It's been like realizing I forgot one of my favorite shows!
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile My first favourite episode has to be Episode 6 Love At First Sight and I think that David really shines in this episode but what does it for me was when Laurie comes in and informs Keith that the boyfriends of the five girls who have been chasing him are now after him. I have never laughed so much in all my life this is a really funny episode. My second favourite is Episode See Here Private Partridge when Danny is drafted into the army. It starts off when Danny is complaining about the fact that nobody will take any notice of once again Danny comes into his own and Shirley Jones is brilliant in this episode when towards the end of the episode you can almost believe that Danny and Shirley are mother and son. My third favourite is Episode 8 But the Memory Lingers on because this is when a skunk gets onto the bus and all the family have to take a bath in tomato juice. I really laughed when Reuban gives Danny one of his suits and persuades people to give up their clothes. I love the ending when they return back to the hotel, Reuban turns up and he says do I smell that much and Shirley says to high heaven and Laurie makes a comment We'll have the bell boy send up an embarassing amount of tomato juice.
Logan Mays II
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: TOP THREE EPISODES RANKINGS SO FAR Reply with quote

HI LOGAN MAYS II HERE THE TOP THREE EPISODES THAT YOU HAVE VOTED FOR SO FAR ARE (What and get out of show business 1st episode 12 points) EQUAL 2ND (Love at first sight 7 points) AND (And the memory lingers on 7 points) AND 3RD (See hear private partridge 5 points) THE POINTS SYSTEM USED IS 3 POINTS FOR YOUR FAVOURITE 2 POINTS FOR YOUR SECOND FAVOURITE AND 1 POINT FOR YOUR THIRD FAVOURITE EPISODE AND IS BASED ON THE ABOVE POSTS IF WE CAN GET SOME MORE VOTING ON THIS SUBJECT I WILL POST THE LATEST RANKINGS IN A COUPLE MORE MONTHS BUT THIS IS HOW THEY STAND AS OF 2/8/05. Surprised
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Top Three Favourite Episodes Reply with quote

Where do I go to vote for my three favourite episodes?

Laura
Logan Mays II
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: WHERE DO I GO TO VOTE LAURALAMBERT Reply with quote

HI LOGAN MAYS II HERE DEAR LAURA YOUR RELPY ABOVE TO THIS POST WHERE YOU MENTIONED YOUR THREE FAVOURITE EPISODES IN ORDER WAS YOUR VOTE THANKYOU FOR VOTING. Smile
LionelP62
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Top 3 Favorite 1st Season Eps Reply with quote

1) "But the Memory Lingers On"- it's a classic and the funniest PF ep. in the whole series, IMO. (2) "See Here, Private Partridge"- this ep. gives us one of the first real glimpses into Danny's complicated psyche. Plus, his Army fantasies, his induction physical and Shirley taking on the brass make this a particularly fun one. (3) "Mom Drops Out"- this ep. epitomizes what the whole series is all about: the family that plays together, stays together. I love how the kids battle Logan Mays to keep Shirley in the group. It's one of those eps. that, as a kid, made me really want to be a Partridge.
xpffanx
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite 3 are-
#1-See Here,Private Partridge Very Happy
That was 1 of the first episodes i saw and its the funniest!
#2- A Knight in shinning Armor
Probaly 1 of the funniest episodes ever!
#3-Danny and the mob
Murderously funny Exclamation
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Best Espisodes from season one Reply with quote

I have just been re-reading everyones fav episodes from season one, and it seems the majority of people, have chosen the skunk episode as one of their fav episode. As soon as I've got season two I will post my favourite episodes from that season. I have seen some of the episodes from season two, already when they were being shown on bravo but I can't remember which number episode each of them are so, maybe I'll wait until I've got season two. So bye for now folks Smile

Laura Lambert
Maidstone, Kent. UK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: