[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Any old TV recordings of the show in it's original run?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doity
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Any old TV recordings of the show in it's original run? Reply with quote

Hi, just curious if there are any old video recordings of the show during it's original run? I know that there were video recorders available at the time such as Cartrivision, U-matic, etc.

It would be interesting to see it with the original commercials from the 70's. BTW, I own a functioning Cartrivision VTR if anyone happens upon a tape that has Partridge material on it. I have quite a few old recordings of 70's TV but unfortunately no Partridge Family!

thanks,
Luke
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: PF run Reply with quote

I used to go to the Museum of Television and Radio when I worked in Manhattan and they had the pilot you could view in the individual screening booths there. They had the original commercials. I don't know if they still have the library there.

I'm sure there are collectors out there who have the uncut videos. Bootleg as they may be.
Stuckinthe'70s
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: cool Reply with quote

I didn't know there were VCRs in the '70s--and I was there! I remember going to the Museum of Broadcasting, though. I even once took the bus from Boston to go and see some rare Beatles footage. Sounds crazy, I know. And I remember those little booths where you could watch tapes. Different times now, of course.
kelley
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone should place this on the YouTube

Last edited by kelley on Fri May 21, 2010 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Dave Polo
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you would be out of luck because the home video recorder came out in the late 1970s, i.e. 1978-79, long after the Partridge Family aired. Also these machines were very expensive, out of the reach of most until prices fell in the 1980s. Also cable T.V. was in it's very early stages, I think most people who watched the Partridge Family, saw the show on "rabbit ears". Sure cable T.V. was around, but didn't really catch on until later, again in the mid-late 1970s, with massive growth in the 1980s.
Drawer L
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Polo wrote:
I think you would be out of luck because the home video recorder came out in the late 1970s, i.e. 1978-79, long after the Partridge Family aired. Also these machines were very expensive, out of the reach of most until prices fell in the 1980s. Also cable T.V. was in it's very early stages, I think most people who watched the Partridge Family, saw the show on "rabbit ears". Sure cable T.V. was around, but didn't really catch on until later, again in the mid-late 1970s, with massive growth in the 1980s.
No,that's wrong.B&W,open-reel home video machines were available in the late 60's.VERY expensive,but they exsisted.There were a variety of formats in the early 70s.--I have an issue of "Rock Scene" from early 1972,where Richard Robinson reviews the 'FIRST ROCK VIDEO ALBUM',which was a James Brown concert.
I know of one TV series,circa '72-'73,that only exsists today,because a rich person,that had an open-reel Sony machine,taped them at home.(The original masters are lost,presumed erased.)The first popular(and slightly more afforadable)home video machine was the Sony Betamax,introduced in the fall of '75.And,let's not forget,blanks were around $30@!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: