[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Partridge Family Promos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeBrady
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Partridge Family Promos Reply with quote

Would it not be great to see the old ABC Network promos promoting each weeks episodes and especially promoting the show before it first debuted...Oh how sweet that would be to see those...I wonder if those films still exist? I would add that to my wish list for sure!
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! and on the DVDs, I was kinda hoping that the "bumper" after the last act that Shirley used to voiceover, "The Partridge Family will be back after this message," would be left in the episodes....but I guess only the network prints included those, so....

Oh well. Cool
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
MikeBrady
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I don't even remember that...that would have been cool!
Paul_Maul
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Partridge Family Promos Reply with quote

MikeBrady wrote:
Would it not be great to see the old ABC Network promos promoting each weeks episodes and especially promoting the show before it first debuted...Oh how sweet that would be to see those...I wonder if those films still exist? I would add that to my wish list for sure!

As someone who only ever saw the show in re-runs, I would find this kind of thing fascinating!
AarHandy3
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Partridge Family Promos Reply with quote

Paul_Maul wrote:
As someone who only ever saw the show in re-runs, I would find this kind of thing fascinating!

Me, too. I purcased the Season 1 set with the 2 episodes of H-B's Partridge Family 2200 A.D., "Car Trouble" and "My Son The Spaceball Star," and they came complete with original "We'll Be Right Back" and "And Now Back To The Show" commercial bumpers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

Location: Either in SanPueblo,CA or getting on the bus being driven by the lovely Shirley to the next gig

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed that. I never realized that they had that little thingy when they went into a break. Gee, I guess I am turning into a blond.
Mister Partridge
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: TV Promos Reply with quote

Where I lived, during the original run, either the network or the local channel aired Partridge promos featuring Together Havin' a Ball as the underlying song.

Peace and Love,

Mister Partridge
Lizzie
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember being sooooooooooooo excited to see the "new" promos each year....for the 1971-72 season I believe they had David doing the middle part of "I'm On My Way Back Home" ("I remember when you told me I'd return".....that part)....and with his longer hair and more grown-up voice, I was a smitten kitten!!!! Very Happy

And I very much remember Shirley's "The Partridge Family will be back after these messages".....boy, does that take me back (I am OLD!!!!!)
Punky
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: First Season Promo's Reply with quote

I remember a commercial that played during the first season. It had quotes from some early episodes intercut with them performing 'I Can Feel Your Heartbeat'. I remember it used lines like "Every daughter wants her mother to marry a doctor", "[I'm doing it for] the Money!" and "You're squeezing my duck sir". I would love to see that one again.
Also would be nice to see the ads that promoted the PF during the late summer of 1970 before it aired. I remember it got everyone quite amped for the premiere. (Just like they are doing now with "Everybody Hates Chris")
Rugger57
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Partridge Promo ads Reply with quote

Just had to jump in here......

A few years back I was lucky enough to purchace a bootleg video filled with nothing but promo comercials for the three major stations, starting with things like Hazel in the early 60's and going up to shows in about '75. There were several promo's for the Partridge Family on this video. One started with Dave Madden in a pair of cockeyed sun glasses....and introduced the Family. I take it that this was pre September '70...he was showing some behind the scenes footage with David leaning on a camera talking to Shirley. The other promo was for the '74 season on the PF....using "I Got Your Love All Over Me" as the background, with the voice over refering to brotherly and sisterly love, as Laurie is scampering down the stairs yelling, "DANNY!!"

So, yes, these things still do exist....somewhere!
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is so COOL! Very Happy Cool
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the one that was shown in the flashback segment, when DC & DB were on Geraldo in '91?
This September your favorites are back again, and this is the place to be.
Or something like that.
So far I have counted 5 different ABC promos that I know of.
Darryl
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

Location: Either in SanPueblo,CA or getting on the bus being driven by the lovely Shirley to the next gig

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you get this tape? It sounds like a lot of fun!

Lizzie Very Happy
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recorded Geraldo back in '91 when DC & DB were guests on his show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: