[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

LaurieBelle episode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KellyDean
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: LaurieBelle episode Reply with quote

Maybe I am being nitpicky but there are a few things that bugged me about this episode even though it is one of my favorites.

The PF are supposed to be famous correct? Then how come none of his friends new what Laurie looked like? If Keith started dating the girl he was trying to make jealous, wouldn't she eventually realize that "Lauriebelle" was really his sister?
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: keith and lauriebelle Reply with quote

Good point, kellydean......this is THEEE place to nitpick, so feel free!

However, I think "Karen" was new in town and probably hadn't met Laurie yet.... that's why she was able to be his 'date'.

I remember taping that show on my little tape recorder. I had those lines memorized back then! I remember taping "Waiting for Bolero" too...

Ah, the good old days.
sunshine eyes
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and Shirley ended up speaking like a southern belle too when Laurie calls her mom by accident. I wonder if "Karen" thought the PF were country singers? She would have been confused if she saw them perform without southern accents.
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Keith and Lauriebelle Reply with quote

Quote:
and Shirley ended up speaking like a southern belle too when Laurie calls her mom by accident. I wonder if "Karen" thought the PF were country singers?

Wasn't Shirley inadvertenly forced to play "Mother Culpepper"? She wasn't "Shirley".... at the party.
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, since Laurie/Lauriebelle was overheard calling her "mom".
The plausibilty factor in this episode was at an all-time low -- timewise, it's near the end of Season Four and this gal's never heard nor seen members of the group/family?? Please! Rolling Eyes

But it remains one of the gems of the entire series, one of the funniest episodes (of very few in the Season of Ricky) of what would become the final season and one of my all-time favorite episodes. Cool
JMAR5
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was one of my favorite episodes. I haven't seen it in a while, but I remember it was really funny.

You do make a good point ,though, on the girl not knowing who they were.
kate
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: LaurieBelle episode Reply with quote

[quote="KellyDean"] The PF are supposed to be famous correct? Then how come none of his friends new what Laurie looked like?[/quote]

things like this annoy me as well. this is a wee bit off topic, but in almost all TPF episodes, they do their shows at some dinner-theater type nightclub with an audience full of adults! yet during the episodes there are often references to their teenage fans. they should've filmed most of the performance scenes with a crowd of teens.

this post also brings up a question i have: do we ever find out what laurie's birth name is in the show? is it lauren? laura?
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: pf famous? Reply with quote

I don't understand the confusion. The family played in family oriented venues, for the most part, including benefits and of course the famous "walled in woodstock" concert. There are also different levels of "fame". Lots of acts tour the country but never make nationwide level of fame.

Anyone else care to add?

Laurie is named Laurie. I have a cousin with the same name. It's not a nickname as far as I know. Very Happy

Lu
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the inconstencies that's been mentioned before. The Producers kept the family more down to earth and unaffected by their fame in order for the viewing audience to relate better to them as a family. If they were mega-famous and dealing with that, who could relate to it?

I enjoy the first season episodes a bit better because they were touring and met their stories along the way. Still, they weren't too famous, (after their Caesar's Palace gig).
kate
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool. just curious as to whether there was a different full name mentioned for laurie (i think we do hear "daniel" for danny at some point, don't we?). i have one of those "ie" full names as well: katie (gee thanks mom and dad Smile )

in my post i wasn't referring to the fame vs. down-to-earthness of the performances, but rather that the audience usually consisted of adults rather than adolescents/teens/young adults. on the show they perpetuate the idea that a large part of TPF's fan base are teens.
PhilipNY
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: "You're out of your cotton-picking mind!" Reply with quote

If my memory serves me correct, my subject heading is Laurie's response to Keith and Danny's hair-brained scheme. I'm so happy to see this listed with so many responses. I thought I was alone in thinking this was one of the funniest episodes in the series. I forgot whether it was Season 3 or 4. Knowing now that it's Season 4, I wonder if I'll ever see it again.

I suppose once everything becomes downloadable, they'll really empty the vaults out and make just about everything available that's ever been filmed, right? So even if the show doesn't get released on DVD for the final seasons, eventually we'll be able to order it and have it shot through some e-cannon into our TV/computer at home for $1.00 an episode or whatever they will charge.

Still I'm holding out for the DVDs, so I can actually own product!

Philip
(who dreamed of going in drag as Lauriebelle, but was always afraid no one would get it)
JMAR5
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of my favorite episodes too. It is so funny. This episode is from season 4, towards the end when Laurie changed her hairstyle again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: