[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Questions regarding Jeremy Gelbwaks
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TJTropea
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm NOT yucking Brian as a person... Just as Chris. Again.. he wasn't a bad Chris... I just prefer Jeremy... BUT IN HIS DEFENSE... we can blame the show writers for that.... They're the ones who cut all of Chris and Tracy's lines.. and brought in Ricky.. (Who was horrible)... (And everytime I think of Ricky, I hear "Say hey Willy wont you hit one out here..." UGH!

Also, I read Brian's interview a while back.

TJ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Yuck" is not the most astute observation I've ever read....
umbrellaman
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I've hardly seen any episodes of the show since watching it in the afternoons in the 70s, watching the first season on DVD has sort of been like seeing them for the first time. I hadn't really remembered there were two kids who played Chris. I've always remembered Brian, but that's probably because he was on the show longest. I can't wait to see season 2 now. I have to say that I've enjoyed Jeremy as Chris in the first season. I thought he had some funny lines and delivered them well.
imaginedani
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Brian is just gorgeous as Chris, I think he is such a cutie and looked very convincing on the drums! Smile

I haven't seen much of Jeremys episodes, but i think he was very cute too!

C'mon GET HAPPY! Smile
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
TJTropea
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bahahahahahaha .... That was GREAT!!!!!!

TJ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DEL
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a number of factors involved. Remember in test audiences the order of appeal was Danny, Shirley, then David and the rest behind him. Chris and Tracy were also supposed to be "normal" kids not precocious mini adults or overly cute. The lines they did get were usually pretty good. Brian had alittle more sometimes than Suzanne--selling Keith's things with Danny and the Kings Island shows for example. If comparing to Bobby and Cindy Brady, they only became developed characters as the intended focus of that show, Robert Reed, became undependable. Of course being the same age as Tracy, I too would have like to have seen more Chris and Tracy stories too. Maybe some more between Laurie and Tracy-hard to believe Laurie never tried to instill some of her values in her little sister. As for Ricky, he may not have been the best child actor, but he was far from the worst TV has ever seen. He did his songs live against the prerecorded backing tracks-very hard for a kid that young-singing to your own pre-recorded voice is even harder. Thats why he was more scream-singing. His LP vocals weren't like that. He didn't cause the end of the show, but he arrives as the end is near which is why so many are so hard on him. He didn't cause any reduction in Chris and Tracy time as they were in most scenes with him. It's just a fact of family show demographics to add a kid somehow every 4 to 5 years. The youngest kind in the house can sway the TV tuning in the name of peace. While we indentified with Chris and Tracy the 5 and under set and grandparents loved Ricky. There just wasn't enough of any of us watching. The most jarring thing then -and now -to me was the baseball episode. After 3 years of establishing Chris as the basball fanatic, the baseball show revolved around Danny??? As for Jeremy/Brian, I like them both. Jeremy's screen time was very good. The behind the scene situation worked itself out for the benefit of all. Brian-"longer Chris- did a great job with lines and behind the drums as time went on.
Lizzie
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
Fortunately, there were other viewers watching than just 10 year old girls. Laughing Laughing

There were? I thought my ten year old girlfriends and I were the only ones!!!! Laughing

During the initial run of the series, I never noticed Chris and/or Tracy at all, really, and I remember the "running away" episode they had, and when it first aired all I thought was "Where is Keith?" Wink But as an adult, looking back, I really notice what little air time they got, and I think generally they were very good child actors....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: