[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Happy 36th Anniversary. How are YOU celebrating?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Happy 36th Anniversary. How are YOU celebrating? Reply with quote

As I mentioned in an earlier post, we in Canada got The Partridge Family on the Monday before it ran in the U.S., so the fact that the anniversary is falling on a Monday this year is very significant to me. I plan to watch the first episode at 8pm, just as I did 36 years ago!

Does anyone else have groovy plans for today? Cool
little laurie
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning on watching both of their DVDs and to help celebrated it. I'm also going to be lighting a candle to.

Peace,
little laurie
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to watch the DVD version of the pilot! I dreamed that I set up a MYSPACE for the PF! So I did! If you're on MYSPACE- you can join at http://www.myspace.com/partridgefamily06
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AarHandy3
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I'm more partial to the gentlemen who came first, The Monkees, I'm gonna give some props to The Partridges on their special day.

Happy, healthy 36th, gang! Cool Wink Razz Very Happy Smile

(Wow...50 posts! I'm officially unofficially Tracy's Sitter!! Groovy! Cool )
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that picture, Aarhandy3!!! Very nostalgic!

I return to the props of to fans of The Monkees! I was never a big fan of the TV show, but the music was some of the tightest pop music of the 60s! I wish The Partridge Family's music had HALF the respect The Monkees does! I have come to realize how fantastic the PF music is as an adult, but most people don't give it the respect it deserves. Thank goodness The Monkees doesn't have that problem, because I don't know anyone who doesn't like their music!!! :-D

I think it's cool that a bunch of us will be watching the PF pilot at roughly the same time tonight! I'm sure we'll all be talking about it on the bus to school tomorrow, just as we dad back in the good ol' days (when there were actually buses to take us to school...lol).

A special "big up" to Scott and his merry band of moderators, who make this website and message board such a fun place to visit! No matter how insane our obsession with the grooviest family band on earth gets, there's a place for us here, and it's like we all speak the same language (well, I guess we...literally do...speak the same language...but you know what I mean...) Wink Rolling Eyes

A website that plays together--stays together! Laughing
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After turning off my PF DVD, I turned on The CW's new series Runaway and there's one woman on that show who is a real estate agent who seems to know a lot about the law. When someone asks her about her legal prowess, she shrugged and said something like, "I always wanted to be Susan Dey on L.A. Law"! I thought it was a cool reference to have on September 25th! Serendipity! Smile
jmj369
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my kids won't drive with me in the car because I put all my PF songs onto an MP3 cd. Guess they're not fans, oh well. I must tell you my daughter and her friend who are both 7 are in love with Jessie McCartney and I told them he was dating Katie Cassidy who was David Cassidy's daughter, my daughters friend asked who's David Cassidy. I replied WHO'S DAVID CASSIDY? as I was pulling out my DVDs my daughter told her to run fast she's on her I love David Cassidy thing again. Thought you might like the views of the new generation.....lol
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I had had time to celebrate on Monday, but real life got in the way. Crying or Very sad

I'll be late but watching some on Friday. I 'll try and hook some kids I'm sitting for with them Cool

Happy 36 th PF!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: