[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

PF House in FOX's "Til Death"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: PF House in FOX's "Til Death" Reply with quote

Blondie Lane is utilized yet again as our favorite all-American street with all those familiar homefronts appears in FOX's new sitcom, "'Til Death," which stars Brad Garrett (Everybody Loves Raymond) and Joely Fisher's (Ellen, Desperate Housewives).

The PF homefront has long since been "remodeled" with bay windows (which I personally don't think suit it) and a different paint (a grayish blue?) color, and the surrounding grass and such seems to be in a rather seedy, unkempt state --not sure if that intentional by virtue of the script or just the state of affairs on the Ranch backlot -- and serves as the bickering couples home, while new neighbors/newlyweds live next door in Jeannie & Tony Nelson's previous residence.

Would love to report that the pilot/first episode was a laugh riot and an enjoyable experience, but can't honestly say I found it all that funny, despite a first-rate cast of comedic veterans, including our leads as well as Eddie Kaye (American Pie movies) and newcomer Kat Foster as the next-door newlyweds the Woodcocks (yes, the name already the source of several lame jokes). Confused

Don't know how often they'll use the old PF exterior since the show is filmed before an audience (not that you'd be able to tell, for the most part, as the real laughs were few and far between!), but it was used a lot for this first episode.

It's always fun to see the old neighborhood. Just too bad it wasn't a more enjoyable visit. Sad
Ralphie
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: PF house on "Til Death" Reply with quote

I agree, the show was a big waste of good talent....lousy writing all
around. The best thing about it was seeing our favorite house and our favorite neighborhood!!! Course I'd rather see them on the season 3 and 4 dvds!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take care all, Ralphie
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that exterior looked familiar!

I'm a big fan of Brad Garrett and hope that the new show will succeed. It takes more than a few episodes to get off the ground. Some of the most successful shows (Cheers, Seinfeld) had slow starts.

I like the idea of the show and that there was potential for good chemistry between the bickering couple and Garrett and his youthful boss!

FOX put this show up against alot of competition and hopefully they will be patient and let it develop.

Maybe we'll get lucky and the pool table will be stored in Garrett's garage and we'll get scenes in there! Would be cool if a "Route 76" sign or a set of drums were in the corner!

Ed

Ed

Good repor between
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It takes more than a few episodes to get off the ground. Some of the most successful shows (Cheers, Seinfeld) had slow starts.

True, Ed, but this show has more trouble than just its timeslot competition. Confused

While I for one am seeing a trend of fewer and fewer truly funny sitcoms shot like a play, filmed before an audience, while this one is made that way too (and way across town from the Burbank Ranch out at Sony in Culver City), I just thought it was painfully UNfunny. Having several exterior scenes shot on the backlot -- despite showing us the Ranch's famous suburban homesteads -- didn't really help matters either, IMHO. It's biggest problem I think was that it just wasn't that funny, despite a very talented cast.

It seems to me if the pilot episode which sets up the premise of the series -- not to mention the "tone" of the episodes to follow -- isn't up to snuff, then it's an uphill battle from there. Sadly, too, as Garrett and Fisher certainly deserve better. Sad
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="JoeySoCal"]
Quote:
It takes more than a few episodes to get off the ground. Some of the most successful shows (Cheers, Seinfeld) had slow starts.

Cheers and Seinfeld were funny right from the start, and Til Death just isn't. I wish they could turn it around, because I like the cast, but I see Brad Garrett has walked off the set of the latest episode because of script quality.

Cheers, especially, had one of the best pilots I've ever seen and the entire first season (with the exception of one substandard episode) was stellar! It was the perfect sitcom for many, many years! Smile IMHO.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, just to be clear, that quote I quoted above was from Sherriffswell. Sorry for the confusion. Sorry I'm saying sorry too much. I'm Canadian. Sorry. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: