[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Where the heck is San Peublo?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See? Another reason why Northern CA doesn't make sense. Chris is a DODGERS fan!! And you really had me convinced they were near Napa, too. Maybe it was Reuben who was up North, and the family that was down South? Razz Rolling Eyes Wink Shocked Brick wall Brick wall
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Palm Springs Reply with quote

I thought that San Pueblo was near Palm Springs, California. Shocked Confused
dannyph
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, some cans of worms just get wormier the more ya worm around in 'em Smile I think Punky should get a free C'mon Get Happy coffee mug or something since he plowed through all those episodes. Facts is facts and Punky sure seems to be up on his. When I think about it, San Pueblo doesn't much look like any SoCal towns I've been to, not modern enough. The Partridges lived in a Victorian with several others around. We've got lots of neighborhoods up here that look like that, but most of the towns I've seen in SoCal look like Bradyville. I'm not saying we don't have areas like that in NoCal too, we do, but San Pueblo looks pretty characteristicly NoCal to my eyes.
Actually, San Pueblo looks a bit like Alameda which is just a stones throw from my digs in Chinatown. David Cassidy starred in a movie filmed there called "Spirit of 76".
Speaking of the dreaded Bradys for a moment, where the heck Did they live, I don't remember them ever saying.
Lastly, poor NoCal Chris musta got jumped after school by the bike racks more than once for wearing a Dodgers cap. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um -- how can it "look NoCal" when it was filmed here in SoCal? Confused The same street where Bewitched, Jeannie, Dennis the Menace, Hazel, Gidget, etc. etc. were filmed? The neighborhood was designed to be "generic" so it could be used as anywhere in the country.

Also, their house wasn't a Victorian style home. Are you confusing them with The Munsters? Laughing
dannyph
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same way the Munsters house could look Victorian even though it was filmed in SoCal. And if it wasn't Victorian, what style was it? Point is, we got more neighborhoods that look like that up here than you got down there.
Brady Bunch digs "look" patterned after SoCal, PF digs "ala" NoCal. I'm not trying to pick a fight here, just sayin'.....
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's fighting? Just asking a question. Rolling Eyes The neighborhood used was designed to be "generic". That's from Ross Bellah, who designed the neighborhood. In fact, he had to add a few palms on the front lawn so Jeannie's home would look like Cocoa Beach. I've seen plenty of neighborhoods around here the PF home would have fit into. Unless you mean the absence of palm trees indicates it's not your typical SoCal neighborhood, in which case I see your point. Usually the neighborhoods around here have palm trees and a lot have those clay tile roofs and stucco. So, I see your point that it's not a typical SoCal neighborhood. It's too "Americana" generic. Very Happy Although there are a lot of homes with the clapboards on them on my street and a few neighboring streets too.

Victorian styled homes usually have the wrap-around porches, turret-like corners, like the Munsters house did (minus the creepy cobwebs, etc.). They have ornate mouldings, etc. I think Gabby uses the home on "Desperate Housewives" now. I'm not an architectural expert, but I do know what a Victorian home is designed like, and the PF home ain't it. I don't beieve Victorian-styled homes have dormers either. In fact, there isn't one Victorian home on the street. Very Happy maybe you mean something else by the term "Victorian"?
Punky
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny thank you so much for the supportive comment, I do appreciate it.

In fairness to the discussion, I think the Dodgers issue seems to hold some merit. In reviewing "Star Quality" Chris asks his Mom point blank if she will take him to a Dodgers game the next day, to which she responds she is too tired.

Now, I know people in Northern Cali that are Dodgers fans, so that is certainly possible. But that would be a pretty long ride to take a 7 year old to a Baseball game.

In the absence of any actual mentions of them living in Southern Cali, the lines "you were born 40 miles from here in Napa County" and "at least you don't have to hijack a plane home to Northern California" remain the most specific addresses I can find. Scott I hope that by now there is a crack team of PF experts scouring the shows for a Southern California address. Smile After all the accuracy of the Cmongethappy FAQ (currently states "sunny southern California") depends on it. And personally I would love to hear them. IF they exist. Wink

But until somebody finds one to the contrary, I don't think the Dodgers issue really qualifies as a total inconsistency.

Last edited by Punky on Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:16 am; edited 3 times in total
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punky wrote:
Scott I hope that by now there is a crack team of PF experts scouring the shows for a Southern California address. Smile After all the accuracy of the Cmongethappy FAQ (currently states "sunny southern California" depends on it Wink

I would love to hear them. IF they exist. Until somebody finds one to the contrary, I don't think the Dodgers issue really qualifies as a total inconsistency.

You're kidding right? I wasn't at all serious when I made my comment about the Dodgers and Chris. It was a joke -- hense the funny emoticons. I was just pointing out another inconsistency in the series, and you furthered it by pointing out that Chris asked Shirley to take him to a Dodgers game. It's pretty much a non-issue to me. There are 2 references to Northern California, so as far as I care, it's in Northern California. Sorry, I just don't have the time or inclination that you did to scour episodes. Don't get me wrong -- I'm glad you had the time to do it, and it was fun to discover something new, but as far as I'm concerned the debate's over. Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by Scott on Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Punky
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallelujah. So the FAQ will be corrected then. Well the issue was important enough to have a thread about it...

Last edited by Punky on Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant it was now a non-issue (for me) as to where they lived. Not that the entire question was a non-issue. Please don't misconstrue my words. Two references to Northern CA is good enough for me -- even with the inconsistencies. It just makes more sense now.
Punky
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oK, gotcha. Angel

Last edited by Punky on Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
dannyph
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...after reveiwing each and every episode for hours on end I have determined beyond a shadow of a doubt that the PF pad is not the Least bit Victorian (what was I thinkin"?) Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
I still think the place would look hella funny with palm trees around it. Wink I guess rootbeers are on me at the Taco Stand. Heck, I'll even spring for real beers down at the Chili Hovel. So drive on Up Here!!! heeheeheeheehee Wink Wink Wink
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can live outside of CA & be a Dodgers Fan, Just as David is a Mets fan & only lives in NY part time. I like the Chicago teams!
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CassidyDiva wrote:
you can live outside of CA & be a Dodgers Fan, Just as David is a Mets fan & only lives in NY part time. I like the Chicago teams!

When I brought up the whole Dodger's issue, I wasn't implying that all Dodger's fans live in the LA area or that there are no Dodger's fans in other areas of the state or elsewhere in the country. Of course there are!! I was just saying that I thought it would be unusual for a kid who was born and raised in the Bay Area would be a Dodger's fan but I was not saying that it was impossible. I was just having some fun. I remember when I moved back to the Bay Area from SoCal at age 13, the other kids up here HATED the Dodger's. So I am speaking from personal experience. And BTW, I didn't find the inverse to be true (ie most of the kids I grew up with in LA didn't HATE the Giants) probably because they, like most people in LA, were originally from other areas of the country. The two teams however are notorious rivals probably going back to when both teams were in NY.

And of course David is a Met's fan because he was born in NY and spent a good part of his childhood there.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a hard time keeping track of which nitpickiness I care less about in this thread Very Happy (but before you tell me to stop reading if I have a problem Brick wall , I AM getting a good deal of entertainment value out of reading it all Dancing . I know I'm just as capable for getting all bent out of shape over my own pet issues. I'm just enjoying watching one of these debates from the outside, for a change!!! Whistle
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: