[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Where the heck is San Peublo?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunshine eyes
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Where the heck is San Peublo? Reply with quote

I think it may be in the San Diego area. Any guesses?
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a fictional town.
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Actual Town Reply with quote

Can't be that fictional of a town Scott....you live there. Must be a lovely place to work, shop & live! Very Happy Applause Smile
IloveKeith
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, when I first started watching the show I thought it was a real town too. but then I realized it wasn't. maybe it's a take off on San Pedro? who knows?
Punky
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: San Pueblo Reply with quote

It is a fictional town in Northern California, near the Bay Area.
dannyph
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always been sooo tempted to go to San Pablo, which is north of Berkeley here in tha Bay Area, and sorta Change the sign. Wink
dreamboatkaren
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw.....c'mon....just do it!

If you do, make sure you take a pic of it and post it, or better yet...take a pic of the sign and then you can change it with Photo Shop or something. Wouldn't that be a scream?

Karen
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: San Pueblo Reply with quote

Punky wrote:
It is a fictional town in Northern California, near the Bay Area.

I don't think Northern California was ever specified. In fact, the exact location was not always consistant -- especially where they lived in relation to Reuben.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always figured that since the Taco stand was such a priminent landmark and it's called San Pueblo, that it was in southern Cali.
dannyph
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="dreamboatkaren"]Aw.....c'mon....just do it!

If you do, make sure you take a pic of it and post it, or better yet...take a pic of the sign and then you can change it with Photo Shop or something. Wouldn't that be a scream?

Karen[/quote]Well, it might be kinda hard to post those pics from Jail though.How 'bout you do it with me? They could never catch us Both. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
dreamboatkaren
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'kay.....be right there...just give me while, I'm gonna have to walk!

LOL
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVGord wrote:
I always figured that since the Taco stand was such a priminent landmark and it's called San Pueblo, that it was in southern Cali.

TVGord, all of California is full of towns with Spanish names and Mexican influences, not just Southern CA if that's what you meant. Here in the Bay Area we have San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Clara, San Ramon, El Cerrito, Vallejo, San Mateo, Los Gatos...well you get the point. Laughing

I don't think that San Pueblo was supposed to be in Southern California because the kids are obviously seeing Hollywood Blvd for the first time in the opening shots of the pilot. This would seem unlikely if they lived in the area but of course not impossible.

As Scott mentioned, Reuben's proximity to the family did change. In the beginning he had to travel to get to their house (supporting the theory that San Pueblo was in Northern CA and Reuben lived in LA where one would expect him to live) but later he seemed to live just down the street. I guess he could have moved!! Smile
dannyph
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVGord, if you ever find yourself in the Bay Area I'd be happy to give you the tour of Old East 14th, or International Blvd. as we call it now. They've got Taco Trucks up the wazzoo, the food being fresh, fantastic and Cheap! After that we can walk around My neck of the woods, Chinatown (Oakland) and have some Dim Sum or Vietnamese Sandwiches. Does anybody remember if there were any Asian restaurants in San Pueblo? Can't you just see Reuben's face the first time somebody offered him some raw Sea Urchin? Mr. Green d'oh! Not talking
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marjorie63 wrote:

I don't think that San Pueblo was supposed to be in Southern California because the kids are obviously seeing Hollywood Blvd for the first time in the opening shots of the pilot. This would seem unlikely if they lived in the area but of course not impossible.

True, but you're forgetting that in the pilot they in Ohio. So, that particular scene is left over from that incarnation. Later episodes indicated more of a Southern California -- to me, anyway. Very Happy
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
True, but you're forgetting that in the pilot they in Ohio. So, that particular scene is left over from that incarnation. Later episodes indicated more of a Southern California -- to me, anyway. Very Happy

Scott, I didn't even think of that. Certainly makes sense. I've never seen the other pilot so it didn't even occur to me.

Well since they filmed in Southern California, many exterior shots are obviously in that area like the ones of the bus driving along the highway. Like I've said many times here, I haven't lived in the area in 30 years but they seem very familiar to me. Like when Keith drives the bus through a tunnel in "Love at First Sight". I'm pretty sure I remember going through that tunnel as a child a few times but I don't know where it is. Along the coast somewhere??? Smile

I always thought that San Pueblo was in the area around Santa Barbara. Don't know why, just did.

And it certainly doesn't make sense that Chris would have been a big Dodger's fan if he grew up in the Bay Area. That's just not done!!! I think that would be like a person living their entire life in Boston and being a huge Yankees fan. Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: