[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

I network to air SONY TV shows [including Partridge Family]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mickie
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: I network to air SONY TV shows [including Partridge Family] Reply with quote

Check out the link below from sitcomsonline.com and see how the new I network [fromerly the PAX network] has recently acquired alot of SONY tv shows to broadcast starting in August [PF is mentioned as one of the shows]

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/2006/07/i-network-now-acquires-sony-owned-tv.html
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the copy, so you don't have to search:

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

"i" Network Now Acquires Sony Owned TV Shows

Fresh off their announcement last Thursday of acquiring classic TV shows and movies from Warner Bros. Television, the "i" network has now announced a similar deal with Sony Pictures Television! Today they announced a programming agreement that provides ION Media (i network) with the rights to broadcast dozens of classic television series and a large selection of award-winning feature films from the Sony library on the i television network, reaching over 90 million homes.
Under the terms of the agreement, "i" will have access to many of SPT
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAX changed its name to Ion Media Networks in February. Same company, different name. They have about 60 owned and brokered stations that reach about 80% of the U.S. market. If you have a station that includes PX in its call letters (i.e., WPXN/New York, KPXN/Los Angeles, WCPX/Chicago, WPXG/Boston), it's probably a PAX station. They have traditionally aired lots of religious programming, infomercials, game shows, and classic TV shows.

(Geek note: the "W" in a call letter means that the station is located east of the Mississippi; the "K" means that it's located west of the Mississippi).
Randy64
Official Bus Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Sony will let the "I" network use a copy of the recently restored PF or will Sony give them a tired old syndicated copy.
johnnyd1788
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the "i" is still like Pax, then it will most likely be the syndicated cuts... Pax sometimes used to air infomercials at the last minute instead of airing certain episodes of shows, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were syndicated cuts to get more commercial time snuck in. And plus, I believe they used syndicated cuts for their rerun sitcoms and such in the past.
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the station that was our Pax network didn't follow suit to become Ion. even though the National TV guide list Ion, (Thank you folks for now I know what the i listing stands for), on weeknights we get something RTN ( Retro Televisin Network) coming in. It shows faded copies of Brady Bunch, Beverly Hillbiliies, Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, Family Ties and Hogans Heroes.

Annoys me since it appears that the Ion has basically been showing what was the Pax schedule most times, since I see programming from that listed in the National TV Guide. ( I did like the Bonanza prequel series Ponderosa, it had some potential)

Well maybe this will increase interest PF DVD's.
mickie
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the I Network is to announce the new schedule for the 6 pm to 11 pm time block today [Friday 7/28]. Only a few shows from the Sony & Warner's catalog will start airing on Aug. 14th with more to follow in September and November - it seems like it will be a slow start - anyway lets hope for the best with PF, but Id does not look too exciting just yet. Sitcomonline. con is supposed to post all the news later.
Randy64
Official Bus Driver

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just visited the I network using the link Scott provided. They take suggestions! I suggested they add TPF to their schedule, of course. Smile
Herky Molina
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: I Network Reply with quote

So far, I've only seen "Mama's Family". I forgot how funny it was. Vicki Lawrence is hysterical as that cranky old lady who's "treadin' on thin ice".
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They also have Green Acres, which is also on TVLand, and the first three seasons are on DVD, but still fun to watch one of my faves.

Dean-O
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm....interesting. GA wasn't a Sony show. Curious. Confused
Nice to know MF is airing again....although it's finally coming out soon on DVD too -- hooray! Very Happy
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deja vu! Shocked
mickie
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, love watching "Mama's Family" again in Prime Time - now if only they would air PF at 9 pm.
mickie
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I is asdding PF to the schedule on Firday nights, see this link below:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/2006/08/i-network-adds-growing-pains-monkees.html
KathySTL

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now if the former PAX station here would get with it and air I network I'd be really happy Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: