[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

What was the first single you ever bought?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imaginedani
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very very cool! I'm impressed. It is a GOOD thing, for sure!

The Partridge Family rocks!

C'mon GET HAPPY! Smile
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Albums and Singles Reply with quote

My Partridge Family/David Cassidy albums and singles were automatically covered by my mom and my brother. So I didn't have to worry about those. For them, if they had to grab just one item, that was a no brainer. But to ask them for an Elton John single called "Rocket Man" or Paul McCartney single called "Listen To What The Man Said" or a David Bowie album called "Pin-Ups" was pushing my luck. If they had to 'extra' looking around for stuff, just wasn't gonna happen. So pretty much after this I did my own shopping, I bought "Cassidy Live!" "DC's Greatest Hits", "Notebook", "Crossword Puzzle" & "Bulletin Board" on my own....in addition to EJ, DB, etc.....fun days
Lizzie
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones_Girl wrote:
Mine was also the Spice Girls. I was about 7 or 8 when they were big and I was just as obssessed as any other girl my age! Now Shirley Jones and Gordon MacRae are my favourite singers- I wish I'd
been young when they were at their height of popularity.

Gordon MacRae is actually buried in a cemetary here in town....his wife at the time grew up here, and this is where he lived his last years....I visit it when I go there, and it has a quote from President Reagan on the tombstone, along with the notes from the beginning line from "Oh What A Beautiful Mornin'" Smile
Lizzie
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first album was "Album" (of course!) but I think my first 45 was David's "Cherish"....the first non PF record bought for me was Christmas of 1971 my mom bought me a Cher album "Gypsys, Tramps, & Thieves" and Sonny & Cher "Live", and first non PF 45 was Tony Orlando & Dawn's "Tie A Yellow Ribbon" (all this hurts my head to think back that far!!!) Laughing
dannyph

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: First single Reply with quote

The first single for me was "Hey Jude" b/w "Revolution".I bought it for the "Revolution" side.Ooooo,noisy!!!My parents had bought me the Help and the Magical Mystery albums by then but I couldn't afford to get the whole White album just for one song.Good thing I didn't either cuz that was the wrong version!

The first album I ever bought myself was Led Zeppelin II,cuz my older step brother was a jerk and wouldn't let me listen to his copy.He wouldn't let me listen to Inagaddadavida either but Zep II had more good songs on it and I could only afford one album.

I never bought PF albums as a kid,I inherited my older Sisters' when she outgrew them (didn't take long).Got my first bass guitar at 12 (pic coming soon) and had a great time miming in the mirror to all my records.Didn't play my first gig 'til 13 (1974)."25 or 6 to 4" at the Boy Scout Talent show.And there you have it.-DP
dannyph

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Pin Ups Reply with quote

By the by Skizzy,David Bowies' Pin Ups RULES!!!
partridgepal
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: First single Reply with quote

My first single, I am proud to say, was "I Think I Love You"! My first Partridge album was Sound Magazine and then I spent all my paper route money to buy Album and Up To Date! Loved them. My next LP was Elton John's Greatest Hits and Cat Stevens Catch Bull At Four. Loved my Partridges!

PP Wink
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: First Single Reply with quote

Thinking back with my sister and I

Our First single was either Joy to the World by Three Dog Night or American Pie by DonMcLean. (probably got both at the same time :)

Our first album was PF Up to Date then PF Album.

Also had a bunch of the Monkees and Bobby Sherman singles that came on the back of the Cereal Boxes.

My music collection has grown considerably since those days
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: The first single I ever bought Reply with quote

The first single I ever bought myself was "Who Pays The Ferryman" which came out in 1977 I think but I might be wrong.
Sandra
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was only 9 when the PF came out and sis and I just had to have the single, I Think I Love YOu, which my parents purchased - so I'm gonna have to say that that was my first single ever. Smile
35yearPFFan!
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing EVERYONE, PLEASE FORGIVE ME!! The first single I ever purchased was "Little Woman" by Bobby Sherman!! Before DC there was BS-sorry
yall!! But it was a very short lived deal with BS, once I saw DC it was and still is a 35 year love affair!!!

Great topic!

Pat
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: First Ever single Reply with quote

I have an even more embarrassing confession to make Pat, my first singles which I ever owned were Nellie the Elephant and Sugar, Sugar. I didn't buy these singles my mother bought them for me, but like you said I soon changed my taste in music when DC arrived on the scene, but I might upset you Pat I also still have a huge crush on Donny Osmond as well. Like you I have liked DC for thirty five years and, Donny Osmond for the last thirty three years so in total I have liked both DC and Donny for a whopping thirty eight years, (practically all my life) and I'm still only -well lets just say I'm over twenty one and just leave it at that okay!

Laura
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have yet to buy my first single. I've always been an album girl. Singles.... FEH. Smile
Lina Partridge
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - this is a tough question!

The memories are vague, since my brother and I owned a lot of singles together, and he was older and so bought most of them until I got older.

I remember a lot of Beatles stuff, and I do remember buying a lot of earlier 60's singles used at first.

I DO however remember that my very first LP, purchased by me with my own 7 year old allowance money was "More Of The Monkees", at the Long Beach swapmeet in Long Beach, CA., circa 1967. It is no longer there, but I still do have the album - slightly scratched but otherwise intact! Very Happy

Anyone out there remember the singles on the back of cereal boxes? I had a small collection of those too! Razz
35yearPFFan!
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing No problem, Laura!! Most of my friends back then were also crazy about Donnie!!I remember Marcia Smith had the great idea of
making a Donnie scrap book with our pictures from the zines we bought with our hard earned(to say the least) allowances. It seems every pic of Donnie had David on the back and vice versa!! I was so so stupid then and went ahead and gave her my precious pics of David for the scrap book!! She said if one of us ever moved away, the one who stayed behind could have the scrap book. Well, as luck would have it, she moved away in 1975 my junior year in High School. I never did get the
scrap book and lost all my pics of David!! I was crushed and still feel very betrayed to this day!! What we should have done was buy 1 extra
16, 16 Spec and Tiger Beat just to use for the scrap book instead of our own pics from our zines. But when you are 11 years old, you don't
think about things like that I guess! I have never been able to replace those pics of David and wish I had them now and could possibly have
my own Web Site on David for everyone to enjoy!

Sorry, for the long post yall!!

Pat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: