[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Season One Episodes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Season One Episodes Reply with quote

This isn't a new subject, but I was recently watching the Love At First Sight and, I don't know if I imagined it but right at the end of the episode when Laurie says after Keith "Give it up Keith, you can't keep running for ever" or words to that effect, is it me or is or am I seeing things but Laurie's hair is suddenly tied back, how did she manage that? Another thing that has been puzzling me is in episode three, What happened to the old songs, the bit I'm on about is when the Grandfather is about to do his song, one minute Keith is holding his guitar in the next shot it disappears and, a couple of seconds later its reappeared, what this and edit or have I imagined it again.

While I'm on the subject of season episodes, in episode three of season one the grandparents are celebrating their forty-fourth wedding anniversary, but in episode 10 of season two they are celebrating their Ruby wedding anniversary. What was the reason behind this or was it just a mistake? Can someone please clear this up for me. Confused Confused Confused Confused

Laura Lambert
Maidstone, Kent
babycakes
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say probably a mistake and they forgot other story lines......

I just finished watching the episode where Shirley's parents split up and Dad wanted to go to Big Sur. I still get teary-eyed when Shirley sings the song to her parents. They made a cute couple as her parents.

What was the name of the actor that portrayed her Father in a later episode - I can't think of his name......
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackie Coogan. Cool
panther2200
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeySoCal wrote:
Jackie Coogan. Cool

A.K.A Uncle Fester from the "Addams Family"!
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Season One Partridge Family Episodes Reply with quote

Jackie Coogan was also in the episode called, Did You Hear The One About Danny Partridge, when he played a hotel owner. Personally I didn't think that he was as good as Ray Bulger, who was better but that's my opinion.

Laura Lambert
IloveKeith
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, why wasn't Ray Bulger in that episode?
Stuckinthe'70s
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: order Reply with quote

Were the shows broadcast in the order they were filmed? Watching the Season One DVD, I had my doubts.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: order Reply with quote

Stuckinthe'70s wrote:
Were the shows broadcast in the order they were filmed? Watching the Season One DVD, I had my doubts.

No, the air dates are not in the same order as they were filmed. For example, I met Lane Bradbury (Janet in "Love At First Slight") a few months ago and she remembers her episode being the very first one filmed (after the pilot, of course). It was the sixth one aired (counting the pilot). Very Happy
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you can blame the "continuity" editors for stumbling on storylines as having different numbers for anniversaries and things. Probably ignored because there were so many writers, and no one thought long term! "The Odd Couple" is fillled with such continuity issues.

When it comes to things such as Laurie's hair being tied back or long in the same scene - this is a result of several takes and that kind of detail is a larger mistake by the continuity editor, or director.

Ed
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea how many different phone numbers Lucy & Ricky Ricardo had over the course of six seasons?? Shocked

Script inconsistencies are not uncommon in any "classic" TV show we are fortunate to still see broadcast or view via video today. :D

Have had the opportunity on several occassions to have met the surviving writers of I Love Lucy. Madelyn Davis (then Pugh) explained -- and I think mentions in her book -- that it simply never occured to them and that they were too busy trying to keep up writing the show! While Desi Arnaz is generally credited with inventing the "rerun" -- because they had the foresight to do the show on film -- the writers never envisioned these shows airing more than once or twice (can you imagine??), so they simply didn't have the time or inclination to "keep track" of incidental information. (They did, however, often use real-life dates and events, such as Lucy's real August 6th birthday, in storylines.) They didn't even think the show would last a year!

And they certainly never envisioned the show still being seen generations later via cable, videotape, DVD and soon, HD DVD! Smile
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IloveKeith wrote:
yeah, why wasn't Ray Bulger in that episode?

Hmmm. Dunno who that is. But Ray Bolger must have had a schedule conflict. He was certainly still working. (He appeared in episodes of "Little House on the Prairie," "Baretta," "Love Boat," and even "Battlestar Galactica" -- and they were at least 4 years after the PF. He didn't pass away until 1987. Very Happy

Last edited by Scott on Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: order Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
Stuckinthe'70s wrote:

No, the air dates are not in the same order as they were filmed. For example, I met Lane Bradbury (Janet in "Love At First Slight") a few months ago and she remembers her episode being the very first one filmed (after the pilot, of course). It was the sixth one aired (counting the pilot). Very Happy

DC's hair is the proof in the pudding. Wink
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: order Reply with quote

PJ wrote:

DC's hair is the proof in the pudding. Wink

How did he get it so fluffy with all that pudding in his hair? Confused Shocked
Stuckinthe'70s
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Lane Bradbury Reply with quote

Scott, you met Lane Bradbury! How awesome! She was the original Baby June in Ethel Merman's "Gypsy"... is she still married to Lou Antonio? Is an interview in the works?

Doesn't she run some dance therapy program?

Looking forward...Smile
Stuckinthe'70s
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: when was the show taped? Reply with quote

OK, Season One must have been taped before fall 1970, when it started airing. When were the other seasons taped? I know the kids had tutors on the set--did they go to regular school, too?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: