[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Just for fun, the ultimate PF boxset....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Music!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave Polo
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Just for fun, the ultimate PF boxset.... Reply with quote

Have a massive PF boxset, one to satisfy everybody.

Firstly have a nice hardwood box, like teak or mahogany, painted black with gold embossed Partridge Family quails or the PF music staff logo. Inside the boxset would be every PF album, newly remixed and remastered using the latest state of the art technology/none compressed. Then have an additional 25 cds with all outtakes/alternates and unreleased music in full stereo. Then have 4 DVDs with exclusive behind the music/interviews with all the surviving studio musicians and singers. Interviews with all the former PF members. Also the story behind each song and how it came to be and developed. Technical aspects about the recording process/studio. Then have an extensive picture gallery and scripts from every show. Then top it off with a 350 page B/W color booklet with additional information, song listings, info about each album and all the tracks on the cds, with pictures from the recording sessions. Now if that doesn't make everybody happy, I don't know what will?
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Ultimate Box Set Reply with quote

Sounds good-except for the technical aspects. I couldnt care less how they recorded, just THAT they were recorded & I can hear it!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for starters, how about packaging that doesn't sound like it'll look like a casket!! Shocked
How about a nice, colorful replica of the bus or variation on the lunchbox?

And why so MANY cds??? TPF albums all run only about 30 minutes or less -- half what many of today's do, with cds capable of running nearly 80 minutes, so even if every conceivable unreleased song and alternate take was included, it certainly wouldn't have to take half as many as that!! Yikes.

Technically, I like your suggestions; packaging, a little more practical would be much preferred. Very Happy
Marquise
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A boxed set is a great idea! You just suggested way too many CDs though! I would prefer the individual albums on individual CDs with any unreleased songs recorded during that albums recording session included as bonus tracks. A book with photos and lyrics, anecdotes on the show and the music would make a great companion piece to the set.
I'm partial to the musical staff logo, they don't use it as much as they do the cartoon birds or the Mondrian-inspired colored squares.
BILLONEEG
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Partridge Family "Box Set" is long overdue! My suggestion for a box set would be a replica of the partridge we see during the opening credits. It should be made with thick sturdy colorful plastic. The feet should be sturdy plastic as well (or metal) to support the partridge in an upright position. The booklet to accompany the CD's should be the size of a standard CD booklet but much thicker. The cover of the booklet should be the front & back cover of the "prop" album cover that was shown at the end of episode #4 ("See Here, Private Partridge"). One more thing. I would like to see included some "Reuben-ism's". Reuben was also a major character in this show so a collection of audio bits by Mr. Kincaid would be a nice added touch.
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don''t think a box set of all the original albums would be the greatest idea in the world. Do I have to re-buy them yet again? Include all the unreleased stuff with a compilation of the released stuff simillar to what was on Best of vol 1 and the proposed Vol 2 that we have been making up the last few days.

As for packaging, I would go with Joey's idea of replicating the bus/lunchbox with a bright mondrian design. I would also like to see the PFF 'staff' logo returned on a box set. Also the Partridges in shadow logo used for the "Sound Magazine" album would be nice!

I really just want the music!

OH and Bulletin Board of course!
Ed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Music! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: