[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Doesn't Somebody Want To Be Wanted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Music!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave Polo
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Doesn't Somebody Want To Be Wanted. Reply with quote

I think that would be cool if they released this song without David talking during the bridge the part where he says, "you know, I'm no different from anybody else..." Just have the instrumental and the background singers, basically leave everything the same, just get rid of the talking. The song would still work and David never liked it either when it was released, I think he thought it was silly.
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,
I've always liked David's talking bit in this song. I realize David didn't like it becasue he was sensitive to the corny aspect of it - but it worked for the song. When I was 10 I thought it was great to actually hear David's speaking voice on the record. Further, I liked and related to what he said. I wouldn't have changed it.

Ed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Music! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: