[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Did I just hear "Sunshine" in a commercial?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Music!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just listened. No doubt about it-DC.
Topanga
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time I heard it on the 10 second spot I thought it wasn't David because the song was played to low to really distinguish. However, last night I recorded the spot on my DVD recorder, then played it over and over again and then played the CD on my DVD player and listened to it through the same TV speakers. Going back and forth between the two. The commercial is definitely David. Even the background arrangements are exactly the same. So it was definitely the original as recorded back in the '70s.
Lizzie
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Scott"]Well, I asked Lisa Sutton what her thoughts were, and she said that she's fairly certain that it IS the PF/DC's recording. So, if she says so, it must be.

Fortunately, I never said it WASN'T -- I just said in MY opinion it didn't sound like it was. So, technically I wasn't wrong. So, my record of always being right is still secure. Rolling Eyes Laughing Wink d'oh! Dancing Eh? Shhh Speak to the hand[/quote]

Scott, doll, you are sounding more and more like a Republican!!! Thanks for your "definite" opinion, and your "apology" is as clear as mud also!!!!! Wink Wink :wink:

For the record, I *always* thought it was the Partridge Family, and if you don't believe me, ask my son.....I have tortured him with this bit of info!!!!! Very Happy
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lizzie wrote:

Scott, doll, you are sounding more and more like a Republican!!! Thanks for your "definite" opinion, and your "apology" is as clear as mud also!!!!! Wink Wink Wink

OMG! You take that back! A Republican?! I'd rather be called a child-molesting-mass-murderer! Laughing Laughing (No offense meant, to actual child-molesting-mass-murderers, whoever and wherever you may be.) Laughing Laughing Laughing
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, Scott. Being called a Republican isn't all that bad. Abraham Lincoln was a Republican, after all. Wink Laughing
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'll take your word for it. :lol:

Speaking of Republicans (Uh oh, I think breakfast is making a comeback!! Shocked ) I went to the Ronald Reagan Library and Museum yesterday in Simi Valley, CA and found it really fastinating. I've never been to a Presidential Library before, so I have nothing to compare it to but this one was amazing!! If anyone is in the area, you should definitely go.
Lizzie
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
OK, I'll take your word for it. :lol:

Speaking of Republicans (Uh oh, I think breakfast is making a comeback!! Shocked ) I went to the Ronald Reagan Library and Museum yesterday in Simi Valley, CA and found it really fastinating. I've never been to a Presidential Library before, so I have nothing to compare it to but this one was amazing!! If anyone is in the area, you should definitely go.

I have had the pleasure of going to the William Jefferson Clinton Library in Little Rock and it was *really* cool....it doesn't have the blue Monica Lewinsky dress though Wink
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reagan's is on 100 acres of donated land. In addition to a really cool museum it also has his Air Force One plane and helicopter that would take him and Nancy to Camp David, etc. The grounds were really nice, and of course his tomb is there as well. It was pretty impressive to go through. :D

Are most/all Presidential Libraries on such a massive land spread? This was absolutely gorgeous -- almost too good for a Republican! Laughing (Although as Republicans go, I liked Reagan better than any other. Maybe that's because he was once a Democrat?!) Wink
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
Are most/all Presidential Libraries on such a massive land spread? This was absolutely gorgeous -- almost too good for a Republican! Laughing (Although as Republicans go, I liked Reagan better than any other. Maybe that's because he was once a Democrat?!) Wink

All the libraries all different! They're all impressive in different ways, but I don't think all of them are on vast spreads. Here's the official presidential libraries website: http://www.archives.gov/presidential-libraries/
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Peej -- that was very informative!

OK I listened to the commercial over and over tonight on my TIVO and I think you guys are right -- it sounds more and more like the PF to me now. It's the 7-Up that I think is fake. Laughing
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This new 7-UP reminds me of 'New Coke' :-&
And Scott, Your record is still secure with me.
Like my dad always said, "I may not always be right, but I'm NEVER wrong. Wink

Darryl
casscantmakeit
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Case closed... :-) Reply with quote

GREAT JOB JOEY!!!!

Indeed that IS DC (w/PF)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"There's No Doubt in My Mind..." Or anyone else's by now.

So, let's ALL get the

SUNSHINE...and run out and buy 7up

Very Happy
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are so......blonde!!
Shocked Confused Cool Love you! Very Happy
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been to the John F. Kennedy museum in Boston, MASS circa early 90's. Being in the city, it wasn't as spacious. However it was impressive with alot of meda oriented displays. There was a special section for Bobby too.

The great "Sunshine" debate would make for a 'fun' presidential (or any political) debate on SNL!

Ed
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad that it's confirmed that it's the PF because otherwise my surround system would have needed a complete overhaul.... Very Happy

I heard it during the "Smallville" season finale... on the High definition feed... and it was defitinitely the PF coming through my speakers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Music! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: