[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

CSI Miami David Caruso.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave Polo
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: CSI Miami David Caruso. Reply with quote

Ever notice, whenever that guy talks on the show, he's talking with his head tilted sideways at a 90 degree angle. I almost have to turn my T.V. 90 degrees clockwise or anti-clockwise to see him properly, or I have to tilt my head either direction until I see him right side up.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I notice that, the few times I've watched. I think his vocal tone is a bit annoying too, almost like he needs to clear his throat before speaking. I read a Q&A in some Sunday magazine where a reader asked why he does the head tilt thing. The answer was, "It's called acting." Funny, I thought he just needed a chiropractor. :lol:

Vincent D'Onofrio does the head tilt thing too on Law & Order: Criminal Intent. But he puts his whole body into it with his hands in the pockets. He bugs me too. Laughing
Stuckinthe'70s
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: David Caruso Reply with quote

I've just become a big fan of his acting in CSI:Miami, and I then rented NYPD Blue, which I had never seen, and in which he was fantastic (IMHO, that is. I can see why people either love his acting or hate it on either show). I thought he really took the character of Detective John Kelly and made it unique. Even though the strength of the New York accent did seem to shift between scenes.

But what amazes me is that he has such poor publicity. When I look him up on the Internet, there doesn't seem to be a big fan base or any fan-friendly stories about him. He just seems to be a womanizer who's contemptuous of other actors and fans. Do you think he just has a lousy publicist?
Dave Polo
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That David guy on CSI Miami cracks me up, he's "too cool" no matter what the situation is, he sure likes wearing those sunglasses and always bows his head down or to the side. He also likes putting his hands on his hips. And then throw in comments like "at the end of the day my friend... or let's pay so and so a visit or... let's try that again, you my friend.....". And he always seems to have the case wrapped up before it's even begun.
gelbwaksunsung
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a montage of "acting with sunglasses" check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sarYH0z948
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: