[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

What Danny's Been Doing Lately
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was released today (June 7):

Bonaduce Back After More Rehab
By Charlie Amter

Being Bonaduce is back on track. So is its titular star.

Partridge Family survivor Danny Bonaduce has pronounced himself sober after finishing a month-long stint in rehab.

The red-headed funnyman returned to his day job Monday on Southern California radio powerhouse Star 98.7, where he cohosts a morning radio show.

Additionally, production on his upcoming VH1 reality series, Being Bonaduce, will ramp up after being backburnered in early May to allow its 45-year-old subject to dry out.

"Danny Bonaduce will be entering a 30-day alcohol treatment program, at which point production will slow down so that Danny and his family can work through their issues," the network said in a statement at the time.

However, it looks like production continued at a nice clip throughout Bonaduce's rehab stay: The yakker took a ribbing Monday morning from his radio show cohost Jamie White and several callers for his revelation that he let a VH1 camera crew into the facility during his brief visitation hours with his children.

The sobriety-challenged Bonaduce defended his actions by saying that's who he really is.

Indeed, the Philadelphia-born entertainer has had a long history with alcohol and drug abuse, which he says began during his days as the Partridge Family's resident wise-cracking bassist. His sorid saga includes: a 1991 arrest for allegedly slugging a Phoenix transvestite--which he blames on his hard-partying ways (he wound up serving 750 hours of community service); multiple arrests for cocaine possession; and several trips to treatment centers only to relapse (in 2001, for instance, he served two separate 30-day stints in rehab).

On a 1998 interview with Geraldo Rivera, Bonaduce admitted to his struggles. "I was on your show [earlier], talking about being stone-cold sober and lying to you. I mean, I--I really--I--I admire you very much, but lying to you didn't bother me. I was lying to my mother; I was lying to my friends. I--you lie, you steal; you're a drug addict. That's the game. But it was so embarrassing; the day the show ran, while I was saying how clean I was, I was actually simultaneously being arrested in Florida for scoring cocaine on the street."

While Bonaduce has never gone to jail for his drug use ("I should have, but I had very good lawyers," the father of two joked in a 2002 Boston Globe interview), he offered fans a serious look into his demons in his 2001 book, Random Acts of Badness: My Story.

Although VH1 has yet to set a debut date for Being Bonaduce, fans can relive his more innocent years in the just-released DVD of The Partridge Family: The Complete First Season.
---------------------

Strangely, a friend told me he saw Danny in a Hollywood bar called The Abbey last week. He was, unfortunately, holding a martini glass. Sad
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa! And at a gay bar at that! Shocked
Well... maybe it was a "virgin" martini (Lord knows they have every kind/flavor under the sun there! Cool )
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Abbey may be in West Hollywood but it's become one of those Hollywood trendy bars that caters to all kind of clientelle. So, I wouldn't say it's a 100% gay bar -- it's more of a mixed crowd now. I know lots of straight people that like going there. Very Happy
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Danny's Activity Reply with quote

A friend of mine sent me a photo of Danny that I CAN NOT post here. Talk about personal demons!
DannyFan
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott,

Don't you think Danny is putting on some of this drama for the sole purpose of promoting his show? He sent me an e-mail last year and told me to tell all of my friends to watch Being Bonaduce, even if the show was crappy. Danny has so much talent and comes across naturally funny. I think he could have his own sitcom if they found the right writers. For those of you that don't listen to STAR 98.7, the morning show's technical guy Jack Heine and producer Mike Roberts - known as Stench) stated that Danny joked about falling off the wagon because it would be great for the show. Danny does have an addictive personality and has real problems but I just can't help wondering if he saw a way to fall of the wagon briefly and profit from ratings that would result in people's curiousity from wanting to see what the cameras caught. I worry what all of this will do to Isabella and Dante' when they are old enough to fully understand everything that is going on. Isabella has already tried to drop out of the show and Danny talked her out of it when he told her she would miss out on really neat "toys" if she didn't stay on.
dannyph

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Danny Who? Reply with quote

What I wanna know is does he still have the pizza place?
DannyFan
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Danny's Pizza Parlor Reply with quote

The pizza parlor, Fiorini's, is co-owned by Danny's business partner Darren, as I understand the ownership agraement. It has taken a back seat to everything else. He was delivering his own pizza's and his Mother Betty even sang there one night. I haven't been there since I am in Atlanta. I told him I would love to have him open one here. Although Danny was pleased to hear me say that, he obviously can't open something like that on the opposite coast. I haven't tried e-mailing him since I am sure he is so busy catching up after being in rehab and preparing to go on vacation after this week. I will ask him after he gets back from vacation.
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lizzie
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Gretchen!!! It's like I have said for years: without her, Danny would be long gone....

But here's hoping he can pull it together again, like he has before, and pick up the pieces....he certainly has a lot to live for: his friends and family and a good job(s)....Danny should be thankful....
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't feel too "sorry" for Gretchen! The phrase "I owe it all to the little woman" could be interpreted in various ways -- as I understand it -- at least as it pertains to how much "control" - for lack of a better word - is exerted over DB's "shenanigans"! Ahem. Shocked Wink
dannyph

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But how was the pizza?
I want to meet Danny (again) and have him sign my Ovation Typhoon bass.He doesn't exactly "hang out" at the restaurant I take it.How can I meet him without ..ya know..bugging him?Any suggestions?-DP
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Danny spent more time there in the beginning. It was a fun diversion for hm to actually deliver pizzas some nights. Laughing

What a great idea to try and get him to sign your guitar! I took a few photos there to get signed once, but he was never there those nights I was. Oh well.

PS: The food was great.
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it'd be nice if he could join Shirley and "the kids" at the upcoming autograph show at the Burbank Hilton. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: