[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Suggestions Requested
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BonnieNY
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJ wrote:
Quote:
There are plenty of people who are asking these questions that are not registered on the Bulletin Board and have no clue how often we get asked.

Personally, I've often wondered whether a couple of people out there in crazyland adopt aliases just for the pleasure of driving you nuts with these questions.

Yup.

Scott, please continue to send the automated replies, block email addresses from people who become pests, and work on the site whenever you have the time and inclination. We appreciate your hard work. Smile
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Announcements Reply with quote

Quote:
Have you ever considered removing the contact information from the website? You're not running a public service--you don't have to allow people to contact you. If they can't email you, they'll probably look stuff up themselves. All the information everyone could possibly want to know about the PF is on the website. It's perfectly easy to find. People are just lazy

Wow, this thread has got to be one of the fastest growing ones on here! Very Happy

PJ's is a good idea. You could have a general email address for the webmasters, and when you click on it, you can put a nice big disclaimer informing people about the FAQ's and the exact types of email you will not answer. Also, you could say you get hundreds of emails every day and cannot answer everyone. I've seen this on other websites... As far as nasty emails, remember there are a million weirdos out there running amok in cyberspace! Anxious
Your professionalism and fairness as webmasters is as always, wonderful. I'd go bananas if CGH wasn't here! xooxoxo
umbrellaman
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't really have a suggestion, since I think your response was perfectly appropriate, just another vote of confidence-don't let the weirdos get ya down!
little laurie
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott, I'm proud to see that you are putting a stop to those bad E-mails. You are doing the right thing by doing that. Way to go Scott!

Peace,
Little Laurie
laurie partridge
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amy from Boston wrote:
LP has a good idea there, Scott. And you can block pesty email addresses. It isn't your job.

Thanks Amy! I do my best Very Happy Embarassed Laughing

There are some really good sites that can give you the javascript e-mail protector for free. Here is just one of the examples out there http://www.jracademy.com/~jtucek/email/index.php
KathySTL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought your automated email was nicely done. If I was someone who had never been to the site before, I could see myself asking those questions. Many sites, though even retail sites, don't give personal responses. As you said, too much work. However, it is good to get some response that shows that you're email has been received and that it is being filtered so that if you are asking somethng important it will be dealt with at some point.

Your automated email actually read as a friendlier personal response than many I've seen. Kudos on it.

Obviously, the guy who responded to you is not a newbie and maybe just a little bit off Wink I was shocked to see that as response as I saw no basis for it at all.

I love this Board because you all do post information as soon as you do get it and its always as reliable as possible. Keep up the good work!
JH
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, you have been nothing but helpful to me and my questions, and as always, it is greatly appreciated. Obviously this fellow has not been part of our little community here and therefore is not in "tune" with what this site is all about. All I can say is keep up the great work and sending a automated e-mail response is not rude but informative. Very Happy
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: What happened? Reply with quote

Tried to get on the board earlier this week & it went to Google search! Did the bus go over a cliff or get lost in a tunnel? Glad to have you back!
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no cliffs. I get spam mail constantly from internet companies telling me the web address has expired, trying to fool me into paying them to renew the site's address/registration earlier than it needs to be. Unfortunately, the one email I should have paid attention to got trashed. So, they pulled the plug on the web address until I renewed the registration for www.cmongethappy.com. We're set for another 5 years. (Not the site itself, just the use of the web address/url.)

Also, check out this new address:

www.partridgefamily.net

Cool, huh? Cool
KathySTL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very cool Scott.

never hurts to have more than one direction on the web these days. Very Happy
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got it all straightened out, Scott.
Many Thanks for all you do for this site.

Darryl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: