[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

How often do you watch PF?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuckinthe'70s
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: How often do you watch PF? Reply with quote

Who among us do you think watches it the most? I've never kept track of hours, but I watch it on my days off if I need something to cheer me up. Is this a sickness, or what?
JH
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it's not sickness, whatever makes you happy and watching the PF definitely makes me happy, so c'mon, Get Happy! Very Happy
kelley
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

few times a week

Last edited by kelley on Fri May 21, 2010 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to put the music and the episodes away every once in a while. Right now, I haven't listened or watched since Xmas.
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the same way. No matter how much I love a TV show or movie, I can't watch repeatedly or I will cease to enjoy it. Same goes for listening to music and reading books that I love. So I watched the PF DVDs once and then put them away for another viewing down the road sometime.
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watch one episode each Saturday Night, and alter between other classic shows on DVD, such as Doris Day, Mary Tyler Moore, Bewitched, Police Woman, and now The Flying Nun. Oh My God! I need to get out more. Any one want to hit the town this saturday night and have some fun?.

Dean-o
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, no Gidget?? (it just came out, too) Shocked
Hey, I'd say let's go, Dean-o, but something tells me you're more than an hour or two away! Crying or Very sad Wink
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: bird watching Reply with quote

I think it's a good idea to put them away for a while. Then they are fresher when you watch them again. Luckily, there are so many episodes, we'll never get bored!
stevechapman
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For now I watch about twice a week, a few episodes at a time. What will happen to me is eventually i'll put everything away for a while. It's amazing how much you enjoy it when you've put it a way for a while, then break it out maybe in 3 to 6 months, sometimes even longer. It's like finding Hidden treasure! Smile
panther2200
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to put it all away occassionally also. Was sick a couple of weekends ago, so I did get to watch a lot of the season 2 DVD's. The cd's are usually my commuting music, but lately, I've been listening to other stuff. Don't want to get tired of it. Don't know what I'd do if Bulletin Board ever got released. OH NO, I don't want to start another BB thread! Rolling Eyes
JH
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try and watch them maybe two at a time. Usually I will take some time between episodes typically like a week and then watch two more the following week. What I'm trying to do is string them out enough until season 3 gets released.
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I typically watch a few episodes when there is nothing on,
or whenever I'm in a PF mood.
It's amazing how quickly I scramble for my PF DVDs after watching BB.
I still like the BB, though not as much as PF. I watched BB everyday after school at 4:00 & 4:30 (something like 8 years straight). Anxious

Darryl
IloveKeith
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watch The Partridge Family whenever I have free time on the weekends.
But yeah I can't watch it too much or I'll get sick of it.
and same with the music, I can't listen to it that much.
umbrellaman
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the DVDs came out, I watched 2 episodes a night every day until finished. I've watched the first season again on a more random basis, a few episodes at a time. Now I watch an episode or two when I'm in the mood but not really weekly or anything since I've built up quite a collection of different shows, so I usually have a lot of stuff to watch. I go through cycles where I don't watch for a while, same with the music. I was listening to the CDs from the time the first season DVDs came out until maybe just after Christmas and am pretty much giving it a rest now, although I've been picking up the David Cassidy CDs I don't have and listening to those.
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think about it, I just "go with the flow" with however my mood feels. Smile

What's so nice for me is so many of my childhood fave Screen Gems classics have now come out on DVD (Bewitched, Jeannie, Flying Nun, and Gidget all now have one or more set out!) that I can sort of "pick and choose" and even have mini "marathons" since I usually watch 2 or 3 episodes at a sitting. For example, might pop in some Bewitched (3rd season just released this week! Very Happy) and have a Paul Lynde or Aunt Clara marathon, etc., etc. as I can't get enough of those two characters. Wink For TPF, you can watch all the "On the Road" eps and have another little marathon, etc.

Now if we could just get the rest of the series, I'd be soooo tickled. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: