[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

PF HOUSE ON COMMERCIAL!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panther2200
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's used by the new character played by Alfre Woodard. Garielle's house, to the left of it, was used in the movie "Harvey", and was the haunted house in "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken".
Jeff
stevechapman
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been on the virtual tour of the PF neighborhood featured here on the site.It really makes me want to see it in person. I've never been to California, so i really don't know if it'll ever happen, but there would be something absolutely magical about being on that street and in the yard of the PF home. Scott, you did a great job with all the shots on that tour.
thanks for having it on the site.
IloveKeith
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow I'm going to have to check out that commercial. Doesn't Warner Brothers give a tour of their sets? Do they give a tour of the Partridge family street? My mom tld me they did but I do't know.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Warner Ranch facility is separate from the main studio lot. There are NO tours of the Ranch (where the PF house is). You need to be an employee or guest of an employee to gain access to the lot.

The main lot has tours, but they are on a much smaller scale than Universal, in that there isn't any theme park. But you do see more with WB's tram tour. There's a pretty cool museum there, too.
IloveKeith
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww that sux I thought there would be a tour I got my hopes up :[ Well I can always become an employee :]]

Thanks for the info Scott.
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

Location: Either in SanPueblo,CA or getting on the bus being driven by the lovely Shirley to the next gig

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well, at least we have the wonderful pictures from the site.....*sigh*

btw: HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!! WOOOOT! Very Happy

<3 Lizzie
stevechapman
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'ma day late... But I hope everyone had a Happy Valentines Day!
Uh.. Yeah you too Lizzie! Smile
partridgegal117
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep waiting for the commercial to appear on my television screen...but it just isn't happening. OH HOW I LONG TO SEE THE PARTRIDGE HOUSE ON THE COMMERICIAL!!!!!! Sad
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tvacres.com/locations.htm

Great thread! I love talking about these old houses/facades. Some of them really do feel like home y'know?

I did some googling and came up with a website of tv show buildings at a glance that provides some fairly extensive info on these houses.

For instance I didn't realize the "Jeannie" house had been used as the Anderson home in "Father Knows Best"!

Ed
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: I'm confused....... Reply with quote

The Partridge Family
(ABC/1970-1977)

Partridge, Shirley & Family
698 Sycamore Road, San Pueblo, CA.
The Partridge home facade, with its charming triangular entryway, was actually located on the 40-acre back lot of Warner Brothers ranch at 3701 West Oak Street in Burbank. It often doubled as the residence of Gladys Kravitz on the sitcom Bewitched. Years later, the Partridge home met its demise when the structure was firebombed during the filming of the Lethal Weapon movie starring Mel Gibson. The studio has since rebuilt a barn-like house on the plot and uses the existing building for storage. The adjacent garage where the Partridge Family rehearsed their music still exists. The Partridge
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um -- yeah.

The facade was also used for the Patti LuPone series, "Life Goes On" (soon to come to DVD) and the staircase in the back by the garage was built for that series. It's not uncommon for new productions to change the look of an existing house. It could have been changed before "Lethal Weapon" blew it up. Although, I haven't seen that film in YEARS so I can't remember how much of it actually got "blown up." When "Home Improvement" "blew up" the "Bewitched" house, it actually just blew the doors off the hinges and had small scattered fires. Nothing major like demolishing the whole thing. Plus, when they do demolish, they have to re-build exactly as it was prior to filming. So if "Lethal Weapon" did demolish the house, they would have had to replace it exactly as it was.

Hmmm -- I may need to rent that film now just to see for myself. Could be fun to watch. Very Happy

Incidentally, the other homes used in that film are up the street from the Bewitched house. "Hazel" is up there too.
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Scott.

I'm very glad that all of these facades are still standing. I'd be really disappointed if they took them all away.

Lu
panther2200
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, for those who didn't sit through "Lethal Weapon" yesterday on TBS or TNT, the PF house was not blown up. A totally different bungalow was. The only time you see the PF house is in the background during scenes at Murtaugh's house, decorated for Christmas. I don't know why the guy who runs the website that Lu quoted posted this rumour, but I contacted him a year ago regarding this and he said he was going to correct the info. He never has.

The house was stripped of all PF features for "The Scarecrow and Mrs. King". You get to see a lot of this transition in the Richard Pryor movie, "Moving". Then the bay windows were added for "Life Goes On". The only original features left from the Partridge days are the left side, which still has a chimney up the side, the upper section of the back (the patio features have changed, and the upper balcony has been replaced by the two windows that used to be in the front PF shed dormer), and the garage. So, although it doesn't look the same, the bones are still there!

Jeff

Last edited by panther2200 on Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
stevechapman
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a relief. I was beginning to think that the home we loved so dearly had been destroyed. In, fact it had me kind of bummed out. Thanks for the updated info.
JH
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it should be rebuilt as it was and although the scenes for the house was filmed at a sound stage, I would like to see the original house remodeled internally and the studios should do tours inside and out of the house as presented on the show. I beleive if they did this they would get alot of tourist dollars and more money for the studios overall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: