[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Partridge Family/Brady Bunch Reunion Special
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lu2390
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The little girl who played Dodie on My Three Sons was Dawn Lynn the child actor. She played in a lot of TV shows and movies. She is also Leif Garretts's sister.
sunshine eyes
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was Leif Garrett's claim to fame anyway? He used to be in all the teen magazines, starred in a bunch of lame movies and recorded a few albums, including unnecesary covers of Beachboys and Dion tunes. He once said he wanted to be a rock star. So much for that career. He wound up with a career as a D-lister.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you answered your own question.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, using (the hilarious) Kathy Griffin as a D-list watermark, I think it's time for him to change his name to "F Garrett"! Laughing
JMAR5
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember watching this on Friday night when it pre-empted Donny & Marie. I loved seeing the PF reunited, but I was disappointed that Susan Dey was not able to make it. I did notice that Suzanne Crough was only on part of the show, now that explains everything, with her taping Mulligan Stew.

I agree with everyone else regarding the combination of My Three Sons and PF. It was a strange pairing.

It would be great to see this reunion come to DVD.
Drawer L
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: Partridge Family/Brady Bunch Reunion Special Reply with quote

[quote="JD41"]Ahhh...that was it! My Three Sons! Thanks for jogging my memory! I wonder if anyone out there may have it on VHS!??[/quote]There's a really poor quality copy floating around....
JMAR5
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could even go for a poor quality VHS version of this special.
GeoffB40
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: PF/M3S reunion Reply with quote

Yes, there was a thread about this quite a while back, and like Scott, I couldn't be bothered searching for it either.

Some avid messageboarders here may recall that I am the Editor of the "My Three Sons" site at TV Tome. In 2002 I had contributed a 100,000+ words tribute to one of television's greatest hits. 30 years of research into this series allowed me to chronicle all 380 half hour episodes of this sitcom classic, with help from fans around the world, including co-stars and bit part character actors who offered insightful anecdotes which I happily edited seamlessly into the episode guide.

A couple of points...

There is a PF / M3S connection, albeit only a small one.
The head writer on "My Three Sons" was named George Tibbles. He co-wrote the PF season 4 opener "Hate Thy Neighbor" which introduced Ricky Segall. Coincidentally, Ricky's "sister" in the episode was played by actress Ronne Troup, who in the last two seasons on "My Three Sons" played original youngest son Chip's wife, Polly Williams.

The reason a badly duped VHS copy is doing the rounds is that the show was not (and is not) widely available in syndication. I corresponded with a well known Museum of Broadcasting that had an acquisitions manager who searched in vain to track down this special, as it is not maintained at all in the inventory at Paramount Television Distribution (Viacom International) owners of the Don Fedderson Productions catalog, producers of "My Three Sons". Nor is it housed at Sony Television, owners of the "Partridge Family" catalog.

I can tell you that it aired as part of ABC's Thanksgving night on November 25, 1977. My source went on to say in 2003 that..

"I have located the original broadcast master to the Thanksgiving special. I am waiting on a call to see if they will send me a copy for the museum. The program was produced by Dick Clark Productions. The reason it has not been seen in all these years is a matter of copyright. Not an unusual problem in this industry. Since the majority of the special are clips belonging to CBS, Don Fedderson Productions, Columbia/Screen Gems, and ABC it has been difficult for all entities to have consensus on royalties and other financial interests. It is unlikely that the program will ever see the light of day again. According to my sources, a master does indeed still exist."

A few months later he wrote...

"Wish I had better news for you Geoff but I don't.. The M3S/PF Thanksgiving Special is destined to collect dust on the shelf. Because its roughly 80% clips, copyright clearance is a major headache. I could have had the wraparounds (the segments filmed for the special- MacMurray and the cast along with Shirley Jones and her mob) but why bother? In order for this special to ever see the light of day, the Don Fedderson estate, Viacom (comprising the CBS-TV, Paramount, and former Screen Gems interests- which would all have to agree internally), Columbia/Tri-Star, Dick Clark Productions, Sony, and various music publishing companies would all have to agree to the same terms. Not likely."

So that's why it is hard to come across as no TV station has the broadcast rights to repeat it. However, those who have read my site will note that our very own Scott from COGH, helped me track down the elusive creative credits for this special, for which he knows I will be forever grateful.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, do I envy YOU! I live in Canada, where season one of MTS aired on TV Land Canada for a while, but was (sadly) dropped. It only whetted my appetite for more! Until then, I had only known the post-Mike seasons that aired on the network and in syndication. I love My Three Sons and have a t-shirt that I wear all the time (I think I bought it at the Museum of Radio and Television in New York back in the 90s)! I wish it would come out on DVD.

I'm going to search for your website, but in case I can't find it, could you post a link, please? Thanks.

Gord

P.S. I also remember Ronne Troup from Knots Landing, where she played the nanny at the Sumner mansion. I always felt she deserved more than such a small part with virtually no lines, after being such a big part of TV history on MTS!!! Smile
GeoffB40
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm going to search for your website, but in case I can't find it, could you post a link, please? Thanks.

Gord

Happy to oblige Gord.

http://www.tv.com/my-three-sons/show/1349/summary.html

The episode guide defaults on the home page to the synopsis of the Thanksgiving special we were discussing.

However, all the information for each episode is in fact, pretty much hidden, but is there just the same. If you click on an individual episode title in the Episode list it will open up with additonal information and background trivia.

Geoff.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh for goodness sake...Geoff Geoff Geoff...I owe you a debt of gratitude! I LIVED on your entries at tv.com that entire year My Three Sons was aired up here! I just didn't make the connection until now!

Just to show you how anxious I have been for this show...even further back in the late 80s or 1990, I was at a motel in New England where the show was running on TV Land...and I set up my videocamera to tape it! Sad. ;-)

I never could understand why TPF and M3S were on a reunion together, but it made me happy, because they were two of my favorite series. (At the risk of being blasphemous on this website, I think I loved M3S more.)

Oh man, am I in trouble now!

Thanks for your hard work on the episode guide! I am very grateful! Smile
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I knew how to stream video, I'd add clips to the site or YouTube. But alas, I am computer challenged. David sang a few numbers as did Shirley. Susan filmed a "hello" from a movie location. It's the only time since 1974 that the entire cast appeared together in a project.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm right there with you, Scott! I plan to make streaming video on YouTube to be my resolution for '08. I'm still working on my '07 resolution: learning how to sell stuff on ebay! lol! (It's much more challenging than my '06 resolution: pissing people off on message boards!!!) Laughing
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, TVGord:

Say it AIN'T so!! You actually
PREFER M3S (or any OTHER show for that matter) to our beloved TPF! HOW this is even POSSIBLE when TPF is CLEARLY SUPERIOR by ALL counts as we ALL know?? How could you even THINK such a thing, let alone put it in print for all the PF world to SEE?? I fear for your sanity, Gord, I really do, as it's apparent you're close to the edge, and I blame it on Sony's lack of consideration regarding such matters as only PF withdrawl can lead an otherwise true fan to such character dispersions!!

Still, it IS a FREE country, after all, and one IS entitled to his opinion (no matter HOW MISGUIDED), but one more false move, mister, and you will indeed, be in MORE "trouble" than you can ever imagine, forcing the more avid among us to take matters into our own, crazed hands! That's right, you might even be subjected to the MOST HEINOUS of punishments: NONSTOP viewings of the ENTIRE Brady Bunch DVD Collection--followed by an endless "serenade" of their "classic hits" on CD!! If it comes to this, just remember, you've only yourself to blame.

You've been warned.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah'm sorry, baby, I didn't mean it! I had too much to drink, and I just fooled around a little with My Three Sons. (ooo, that sounds bad, doesn't it?) Shocked ahem...with that other show! It didn't mean anything, I swear! I will always come back to my main love, The Partridge Family!

Don't make me watch The Brady Bunch! Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Maybe it's because I feel TPF is, well, I'll just say it...a tease! Oh sure, they let me get to first base (season) or second base (season), but how long is a man supposed to wait to get to third base (season), let alone a HOME RUN (season four)!!!?

Maybe my affection for ...that other show... Rolling Eyes is because I once interviewed the lovely Beverly Garland...and Susan Dey won't even return my calls!!!

I'll do anything to regain your respect, Daydreamer. I'll even check into the rehab unit of St. Elsewhere! (Oh, there's another show I love more than...um, never mind... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: