[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Partridge Family/Brady Bunch Reunion Special
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JD41
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Partridge Family/Brady Bunch Reunion Special Reply with quote

Forgive me if this has been discussed on the board before, but I distinctly remember during the late 70's or early 80's, ABC aired a reunion show with the casts of both shows (I don't remember if Susan Dey participated) reuniting. David sang a song from one of his solo albums (again I don't recall which song). Am I slowly going senile in my old age or was there actually such a show? As I recall it was only an hour long with a half hour being devoted to each show. Anyone else out there remember this???? Think Rolling Eyes
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Partridge Family/Brady Bunch Reunion Special Reply with quote

JD41 wrote:
Forgive me if this has been discussed on the board before, but I distinctly remember during the late 70's or early 80's, ABC aired a reunion show with the casts of both shows (I don't remember if Susan Dey participated) reuniting. David sang a song from one of his solo albums (again I don't recall which song). Am I slowly going senile in my old age or was there actually such a show? As I recall it was only an hour long with a half hour being devoted to each show. Anyone else out there remember this???? Think Rolling Eyes

That was the Thanksgiving 78 Special with the PF & MY 3 SONS.
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JD41
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Partridge Family/Brady Bunch Reunion Special Reply with quote

Ahhh...that was it! My Three Sons! Thanks for jogging my memory! I wonder if anyone out there may have it on VHS!??
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: 1977 Reply with quote

It was 1977 not 1978 when ABC aired that special!
allthatieverneeded
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or did anyone else wonder just how it was that they paired up the Partridge Family with My Three Sons?
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: reunion Reply with quote

Quote:
Is it just me, or did anyone else wonder just how it was that they paired up the Partridge Family with My Three Sons?

Yeah, that made no sense at all! And the 2 casts (minus Suzanne ?? Eh? ) singing the finale together.... I don't get it.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suzanne was in part of the Thanksgiving Special. They filmed two days, and the second day she was busy filming "Mulligan's Stew."
allthatieverneeded
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Groovychick, I guess there are just some things that defy explanation! lol. I'm glad someone else thought the whole thing was just a bit odd.
LionelP62
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only possible explanation I can come up with is that both were family shows on ABC ("My Three Sons" ran on that network for five years before moving to CBS in '65). The BB were probably in hiding at that point following the merciful cancellation of their Gawdawful variety show (LOL), so they weren't available.
babycakes
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking about this special too - but I couldn't remember who the other family was that was paired with them.

Has this show ever been released on video or DVD????
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"My 3 Sons" was one of my favorite shows. I had/still have a friend named Tommy who liked like "Ernie" and we use to call him that sometimes! Its funny because as a kid watching the show I remember the color/"Uncle Charlie" years and so when NICK @ NITE ran the B/W episodes it seemed weird that William Frawley (Formely "Fred Mertz") played their uncle, "Bub". Great show though. I always wanted to have a big brother like "Robby" and wasn't he married to one of the "King Family" girls? I also thought that little "Dodie" was cute too!

Ed
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Ed...Tina Cole, who played Robbie's wife, was a member of the King Family.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionelP62, I got really drunk a few years ago and ordered a BB Variety Hour DVD from amazon.com!!! Laughing I forgot about it completely until it arrived in the mail a few days later!!!

Needless to say, I have since given up drinking! Although watching the DVD nearly sent me back to the bottle!!! Brick wall
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Gord, don't stop drinking because of this "impulse" purchase....just use the damn thing as a coaster! Shocked Laughing Wink
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVGord wrote:
LionelP62, I got really drunk a few years ago and ordered a BB Variety Hour DVD from amazon.com!!! Laughing I forgot about it completely until it arrived in the mail a few days later!!!

Needless to say, I have since given up drinking! Although watching the DVD nearly sent me back to the bottle!!! Brick wall

During the heat wave I actually watched a few episodes of the Brady Bunch marathon one Saturday while I was puttering around the house. One of them was the "Brady kids have to form a singing act for some stupid reason to sing a really bad Greg Brady song and Peter's voice changes in the middle of it so Greg has to write and even lamer song that accommodates Peter's creaky voice" episode. OMG OMG OMG. Luckily, hubby came home right after that so I had to shut the TV set off quickly (like I'd let him catch me watching the BB), and was thus saved from getting sucked into the vortex that is BB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: