[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

"Snake"...Redux ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stephanie
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: "Snake"...Redux ? Reply with quote

Hi Everybody,

Can someone confirm for me that the "Snake" character (played by Rob Reiner, epi 3 from Season 2) does/does not makes a return appearance in a later on epi played by I think Stuart Margolin? Something clicked in my brain..happens on occasion.. Idea while watching "Snake's" first appearance as the biker hot for Laurie and I saw images of Stuart Margolin and a wedding and Keith singing a song sounding like "Come on Love". Maybe this happens in season 3 or 4 cause I can't find another reference to the "Snake" character on my season 2 discs other than his first appearance... am I making any sense to anyone Question or am I just hopped up on fumes after spending hours working underneath the bus :?

Stephanie
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it happens in Season Three. The song is "Love Must Be The Answer". But, this info is also in the Episode Guide right here on the site. :D

http://cmongethappy.com/eguide/ep54.htm

There are also a few photos in the Gallery Section:

http://www.cmongethappy.com/gallery/season3
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe because Rob went on to be in All in the Family?
Stephanie
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
Quote:
The song is "Love Must Be The Answer". But, this info is also in the Episode Guide right here on the site. Very Happy

Oh..I got the actor and scenerio right but the song wrong. And Embarassed guess I should have looked around the site a little more and I would have answered my own Question

Thanks Scott
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problemo! Any time. Very Happy
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: "Snake"...Redux ? Reply with quote

COME ON LOVE was in the Indian Reservation ep

Stephanie wrote:
Hi Everybody,

Can someone confirm for me that the "Snake" character (played by Rob Reiner, epi 3 from Season 2) does/does not makes a return appearance in a later on epi played by I think Stuart Margolin? Something clicked in my brain..happens on occasion.. Idea while watching "Snake's" first appearance as the biker hot for Laurie and I saw images of Stuart Margolin and a wedding and Keith singing a song sounding like "Come on Love". Maybe this happens in season 3 or 4 cause I can't find another reference to the "Snake" character on my season 2 discs other than his first appearance... am I making any sense to anyone Question or am I just hopped up on fumes after spending hours working underneath the bus :?

Stephanie

http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe because Rob went on to be in All in the Family?
More than likely, IMHO. AITF was not only huge by the time the PF's 3rd season rolled around (#1 in the ratings), Reiner was also co-writing some episodes with partner Phil Mishkin, so he probably didn't have the time or inclination to revisit a the Snake character again. Too bad, as I thought it showed his range and while Margolin is a veteran character actor, I really didn't care for him in the role.

In a similar vein, did we ever learn why Ray Bolger didn't make the last appearance as Shirley's father in the 4th season?? Was watching 40 Year Itch yesterday and wondered yet again why he didn't/couldn't do it. Bolger certainly left his mark in that role as well; similarly, while Coogan was also a fine comedic character actor, I also did not care him in that particular role -- especially when Bolger & DeCamp seemed much more believeable as parents and likely to have "produced" beautiful Shirley "Renfrew"; with Coogan, much more a suspension of belief, if you know what I mean! Shocked

Or is it just me? Wink
stevechapman
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not just you at all. i preferred Bolger as well, though I'm not sure why he did not make a return appearance. any one else have any thoughts as to why Bolger wasn't available.
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevechapman wrote:
Not just you at all. i preferred Bolger as well, though I'm not sure why he did not make a return appearance. any one else have any thoughts as to why Bolger wasn't available.

Well, he was getting "up there!" Maybe he decided to retire.
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
stevechapman
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, You got something there.
Stuckinthe'70s
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Ray Bolger Reply with quote

I've always been so impressed with Ray Bolger's energy and adroitness in his episodes. Of course, we know he was The Scarecrow, so it's not that unexpected, but still -- jumping over the door into the convertible, dancing, go-carting...I hope I have his energy when I'm his age, because I sure don't have it now! lol:
stevechapman
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realized that Ray Bolger had a character that he played on Little house on The Prarie. so he didn't retire. I guess he just wasn't available at the Time.
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Stuck, I think if you look real closely in the gocart scene that a stunt double was used; makes sense when you think about it, especially given what happened in the scene -- and that he almost runs over Danny in the process! Shocked
Logan Mays II
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Ray Bolger always a delight Reply with quote

Hi Logan May II here I have to agree with everybodys thoughts on Ray Bolger in this Thread. I have always thought his work on both the big and small screen was always charming and his perfomance in Whatever happened to the old songs made it one of the finest episodes in the whole series. Ray made his first film in 1924 age 20 and was still on tv in the mid 1980s as a presenter at the 56th academy awards Sadly he died of cancer in 1987 aged 83 Sad but glad to see he is most definately not forgotten. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: