[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

David on tabloid tv

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rugger57
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: David on tabloid tv Reply with quote

I'm really suprised there is no post here yet....you guys usually beat me to the punch on dang near everything!

I believe David is being interviewed this MONDAY (day after Christmas) on the Insider, I think. There are so many of these type programs on lately it's hard to keep track. Anyway.....sorry, Scott.....he's being interviewed once again by Kathy Lee so you probably won't watch. I caught the blurb, "So, David, where DID all the money go?" Probably just more footage from the same interview he did with her about a month ago, but stuff never aired.

I'm sure Scott knows which show Kathy Lee interviews for. If he's around, maybe he will know which show this is for sure. Check yer local directory for time in your area.
Jesse
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: David on tabloid tv Reply with quote

Rugger57 wrote:
I'm really suprised there is no post here yet....you guys usually beat me to the punch on dang near everything!

I believe David is being interviewed this MONDAY (day after Christmas) on the Insider, I think. There are so many of these type programs on lately it's hard to keep track. Anyway.....sorry, Scott.....he's being interviewed once again by Kathy Lee so you probably won't watch. I caught the blurb, "So, David, where DID all the money go?" Probably just more footage from the same interview he did with her about a month ago, but stuff never aired.

I'm sure Scott knows which show Kathy Lee interviews for. If he's around, maybe he will know which show this is for sure. Check yer local directory for time in your area.

I'll be sure to watch thanx for the info!!!

!#~I Love David Cassidy~#!
jmj369
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link to DC's interview with the Insider:

http://insider.tv.yahoo.com/celeb/3362/
Rugger57
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the follow up posts, but this text has nothing to do with this evenings chat with Kathi Lee. This was unaired footage....probably from the same interview....try and catch the new footage tonite.
jmj369
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the Insider interview, was pretty much the same thing as last time. He talked about his relationship with his father, how he was broke, and how he's now involved in the Rat Pack. Always like to see DC on TV though Very Happy
denianne
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: David Cassidy's Facebook Page Reply with quote

came across David's FB page a few days ago . . . thought this might be of interest to some . . .

Valerie Malone While commendable, David’s statement: “. . . as I have been in many years and my life has flourished in the last couple of months in an incredible way . . .” is rather off-putting. What is he attempting to say, exactly? That he’s been steadfastly miserable in his third marriage, so much so that he’s acquired a much younger girlfriend/fiancée while separated but not yet divorced. Flaunting a new girlfriend in public while still married reeks of a disregard for his wife and son, who he claimed in recent years were the most important things in his life.

David’s statement that he remains “. . . sober . . .” is optimistic, especially given his paternal family’s history of alcoholism. That he’s taken steps towards sobriety is a start, but by no means an end. It’s a lifelong struggle that one is never cured of.

David’s statement that “Maura and I became very good friends before I ever asked her out on a date which I hadn’t done in more years than I can remember” revisits the question: What is he attempting to say, exactly? That his marriage hindered his ability to date?

For David to solely thank “my friend Jane for going over and above all expectations and for her constant commitment to serving you, through me, on my website and beyond” is offensive when there have been numerous fan clubs done for David by fans throughout his 4 decades of active career. I’ve belonged to several and knew they did them on their own time, gathering information and putting together newsletters long before and without the ease of the internet. Those clubs also went over and above doing for fans, through him and for his benefit! It’s amazing how he can be so dismissive of their efforts on his behalf during those years, and a few of those fan clubs still exist, if David even bothers to be aware of that. Those clubs kept fans interested to the point that there could even be a web presence for him.

David’s statement that “Words cannot possibly explain my love, appreciation and my truly humble care for your love and support for me . . .” is hypocritically self-serving. David apparently “truly humbly” appreciates the support given by some, but not by others.
January 3 at 7:04am • Like

Valerie Malone Unlike David's web site and fb page, none of the fan clubs I ever belonged to censored fans’ genuine comments, even if they weren't exactly complimentary.
January 3 at 7:34am • Edited • Like

Larisa Pokotilenko Valerie, good New Year's greetings, nothing to say!
…Judge not, that ye be not judged…
You have no right to condemn David. He has his exclusive right for private life, and it does not concern you. In his life, David has brought so much joy and light to us. His army of fans is growing and constantly updated with new members like me who grew up on the other side of the world and who were previously due to circumstances could not know about him. We will always be on his side. Let's be a little kinder to each other.
January 3 at 10:36am • Like • 4

Valerie Malone Sorry, no . . . if he wants his private life kept private, then he should not announce as he did on his web site, for all to see . . .
January 3 at 5:05pm • Like • 2

Sue Bova Why do you feel to stomp all over David's new year wishes to his fans? Or to break down his words like his life is a college course to examine? I think David was just letting fans know who his fiance was that the news said he had. While you knock his private life and marriage...do realize no one knows what happened in his marriage or how his wife played a part in their separation. I just look forward to David sharing his music with us by concerts or new music. I don't feel a need to examine his private life.
January 4 at 10:55pm • Edited • Like • 3

Araceli Ramirez Well said, Sue and Larisa.
Yesterday at 7:32am • Like • 2

Larisa Pokotilenko Araceli and Sue, it is good that lions do not notice small bites of ants. Love & peace for everyone.
Yesterday at 8:57am • Like • 3

Valerie Malone Sue - The way the message was worded was a pointed insult to his wife & son. If an estranged/soon-to-be ex-husband of yours had done the same, would you not be equally offended? "Keith Partridge," he is not. Meeting David at a "meet & greet" isn't a true portrayal into the very depths of his soul. Enabling him only serves to further his ill-gotten cause.
Posted: January 6, 2014

Shocked
edenlightfoot
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is indeed interesting and informative about David Cassidy. I think many of us are unaware about history of David which you share here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: