[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Episodes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VintageFan

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Episodes Reply with quote

This is about Episode 19, To Play or Not to Play

I watched this episode today and couldn't help laughing out loud at some of the lines that the club owner had and his overall performqnce. He was excellent in this episode. Although the episode itself is not great, the club owner steals the show. He and the stike leader were father and son actors. It's so 70s with the anti-establishment theme and Laurie's radicalism. Laurie, Danny and Keith were certainly not a typical 15, 10 and 16 year old. I know a lot of 10 year olds and they can barely speak in sentences at this age.
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused I really liked the episode where the Partridge Family are playing at the club where the strikers are arguing with the owner I laughed till it hurt because it was so funny. My other favourite episode was the one where Danny had been drafted and the others rib him about him going into the army. I can't wait for the next series to be released on DVD so I can watch some more classic episodes from the Partridge Family.

From a long time David Cassidy fan of some 20+ years.

Laura Lambert
Maidstone, Kent
LionelP62
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that "To Play or Not to Play" is a really underrated episode. I agree that Harvey Lembeck (of "Sgt. Bilko" fame) and his son Michael (Julie's husband Max on "One Day at a Time") are both very good in it.
Rugger57
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: To Play or Not to Play Reply with quote

Bet this one will jerk some heads......

Dunno if anyone remembers that Michael Lembeck was in the Saturday morning tv show Captain Kool and the Kongs......I know I wouldn't have, but was going through some old lps at Goodwill and discovered the recordings from the tv show on vinyl. I got a good laugh and said, "Ain't that Julie Romano's husband?"
TheForeverFamily

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by TheForeverFamily on Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't he have been too young? You must be thinking of Sr. rather than Jr. Shocked
bluebird1111
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Beach Party" film fans will remember Harvey Lembeck as the scene stealing Eric VonZipper.
Stuckinthe'70s
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: To Play or Not To Play Reply with quote

I like that episode too, for the ethical/social dilemma -- how often do you see that nowadays? -- and for the father-son Lembeck acting team. I have to say, though, that I give Harvey top praise for this one. He's too funny.
Has Scott or anyone ever thought of interviewing the PF writers? I think writers get short shrift in anything with actors in it, and I think PF had some terrific writing.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Interviewing the writers would be a fun idea! None have been approached so far, but if they are still with us, it would be great to get some insight in their scripts. Very Happy
partridgegal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Why isn't the PF on tv? Reply with quote

I love the Partridge Family. It's still my favorite tv show. Why isn't it on tv in reruns? It's like they Brady us to death, but the Partridge Family never seems to be on. I would love to catch the Christmas episode. Dancing
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Christmas episode, "Don't Bring Your Guns To Town, Santa" is available on the second season DVD box set, in stores now. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: