[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Add Video Clips On Here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Ask The Webmasters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
little laurie
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Add Video Clips On Here. Reply with quote

Hi Everybody's,
Now I was wondering if there a way maybe showed some Partridge Family video clips on here. I know on this one website I'm on they add video clips like: movies, commericals and stuff like that. I was wondering if that can be done on here like add The Partridge Family, Danny's Show with the casts reunited. I haven't seen that. Maybe add the commericals. The movies section. Rolling Eyes

Peace,
Little Laurie
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure! Send them on! Make sure they're in a format that everyone can use, and we'll upload them for you.
little laurie
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott,
As you can see I made it back on here. I'm sorry I posted this topic on the wrong section. As I was saying about the video clips. On this one message board I'm on. This one person on there recorded them from the TV and then downloads them on to the website. But to be honest with you I don't know how to do that. I'm not really an expert when it come to those kind of thing and a lot of peoples on there know what they are doing. I was wondering if anybody's would know how to that kind of things on here? That would be a great tribute to The Partridge Family. Again I'm sorry.

Peace,
Little Laurie
Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael will probably need to check on band width costs. Video takes up a lot of storage and a lot of bandwidth as people download it. It's quite possible, though. There's a site I visit that contains every interview with ... a certain actor Cool ... as well as sections for movie trailers, TV and movie clips... well just all kinds of things. Hours upon hours of video and lots of bandwidth being used. It's a great addition to that site, as it would be here if logisitics allow.
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Jen...you really need to work on that Willie Aames obsession. Dancing
Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geeze Joey, that was supposed to be a secret. Embarassed
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Sorry. Well, if it'll help make it up to you, I see that Charles in Charge is coming soon to DVD....so then you can really go crazy with Willie! Now if they ever get Eight is Enough out too, you'll really go wild with Willie. Wink
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: Get Your Willie Out Reply with quote

Where is Willie Ames these days? Haven't heard a thing about him in ages. Is he acting, writing, producing, directing anything. Has he done anything in recent years? Did he make that much money from his tv shows, that he can lay low for a while? By the way Jen, I think I know which 'actor' you're talking about. I liked "Van Helsing" the best.
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Get Your Willie Out Reply with quote

Skizzy Fleameyer wrote:
Where is Willie Ames these days? Haven't heard a thing about him in ages. Is he acting, writing, producing, directing anything. Has he done anything in recent years? Did he make that much money from his tv shows, that he can lay low for a while? By the way Jen, I think I know which 'actor' you're talking about. I liked "Van Helsing" the best.

I saw him on Celeb bootcamp on VH1 last year. He's doing christian movies & has a Christian-based cartoon type "superhero" character.
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen that -- by accident! Shocked Now, what's it called?? Whatever it is ....it's scary! Confused
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's called Bible-Man.
Jeez, I watch too much VH1. Rolling Eyes

Darryl
Michael
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the original question: Adding video is not a big deal (in fact we have a few here - check out the video clips we've added from the first DVD set), the problem is getting them in the first place.
Michael
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And having said that, please see the ANNOUNCEMENTS topic.

Very Happy
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem has always been getting them formatted for website use. Fortunately, I've got a friend that just bought a brand-spankin-new computer and he has the know-how to help me. So, we'll be working on getting the Rice Krispies commercials, as well as a few others as soon as possible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Ask The Webmasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: