[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

An Interview With Wes Farrell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: An Interview With Wes Farrell Reply with quote

Happy 35th Anniversary, Partridge People! Whistle Whistle Dancing Dancing Pray Pray Very Happy

To start off the Anniversary year, we have tracked down an interview that Wes Farrell did with Tiger Beat's Official Partridge Family Magazine in 1971, and added it to the People and Places section of the website. Since Wes passed away in the mid nineties, this is the closest we'll get to asking him questions about working on The Partrdge Family. Enjoy!

Here's the link:

http://www.cmongethappy.com/interviews/wf/

Also, Michael has updated the Brush With Velvet section with new reports of meeting your favorite Partridge Family stars. You can read them by clicking here:

http://www.cmongethappy.com/velvet.html

Last edited by Scott on Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Farrell Interview Reply with quote

That archival interview is perfect. It gives just the right feel for what Mr Farrell was trying to accomplish with PF music.
Thanks so much. Smile
Logan Mays II
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Loved the Tiger Beat interview Reply with quote

Hi Logan Mays II here thanks very much for making this interview avalible Scott it gives us great insight into a true musical genius Very Happy
kenbubblegumkid
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott,

Absolutely awsome article. Thanks.
stevechapman
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott,
Loved the Interview. Thanks for posting it.
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Happy 35th Anniversary Partridge People Reply with quote

Just read (for the second time in three and a half decades) the Wes Farrell interview from TBOPFM, Spring 1971 posted in People and Places last year (I'm still playing catch up, so bear with me--had no idea the famed record producer extraordinaire had died a decade ago until now), and just wanted to thank everyone responsible for its printing. Reading TB again brought back a lot of memories (and the realization that, at the time, as much as I may have loved the music, I had no clue (or even concern, let's face it) all it took everyone involved to produce such fabulous product. And the fact they managed to do it every few months (as opposed to nowadays when your average teen idol puts out something every few years!), is truly impressive now that I'm old enough to appreciate such. Anyway, loved the article (was very informative, and very touching), and was wondering if there are (or have already been) any similiar type articles concerning my favorite songwriter of the time, the late, great Tony Romeo? Would love to learn more about him as he truly did write the songs that made the young girls cry (as David himself once penned), including this one. Thanks Scott, you're the best.

Very Happy
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never come across any Tony Romeo interviews in print. That's not to say there aren't nay -- just none that I've found. I know Lisa Sutton interviewed him before he passed away, and if she EVER (h-e-l-l-l-o???) writes a book, I'm sure it will be fascinating. Very Happy Wink
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Happy 35th Anniversary Partridge People! Reply with quote

Thanks for the timely (as always, I don't know how you manage but I'm sure we all appreciate it) response. Hopefully, Ms. Sutton will take the hint Razz
and give up the goods as inquiring minds wanna know!

Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: