[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Strange Log-In Experiences

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Ask The Webmasters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ragdoll
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Strange Log-In Experiences Reply with quote

Everytime I log in to the site, a PF sound-byte is spontaneously downloaded onto my computer. That in turn opens "I-Tunes" where I have to delete the sound-byte, close I-Tunes, then delete the download before I can get to the list. Otherwise my kids I-Tunes lists are filled up with these and they get quite annoyed! Any idea why this is happening? I am a MAC user.

Robin
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm -- I think that's a Michael question. If I remember, he was playing around with added features and that may have been one of them. I'm not sure why it's affecting itunes, though. Hopefully he'll be around shortly to answer your question better than I can. Confused
Ragdoll
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Log In Reply with quote

Thanks, Scott! I also just noticed that this only happens on the Get Happy layout, which is my default. I could always change my default, but I kind of like this one. Maybe Mickey will have a suggestion.

Thanks again,

Robin
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question is, why log in & out each and every time you come here?? I have this bookmarked to open on the forum's "main" page -- and I don't log out when I exit -- and this doesn't happen. Very Happy (I know it would otherwise as I tried doing it from the main site and the same thing happens, Ragdoll! Wink -- although what I got was soundbytes of different lines from the first season! Cool )
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't logged out but when I open the forum, it sends me to the front page of message board requiring log in. I thought this had had been remedied a while back but it has been happpening again the last few weeks. I didn't want to make a big deal of it.

Ed
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have to log in again after I've cleared my cookies.
When I first started clearing my cookies, I would have to log in twice.
Now it's only once.

Robin, The only thing I can think is you must have I-Tunes as your default audio player. Mine is Windows Media (PC user) and I have no problem.

I'm wondering if the Season One lines will change to Season Two lines when the DVD is released? Razz

Darryl
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is a cookies issue?? I still don't get it though --if you (1) haven't cleared your cookie cache (say that three times fast! Shocked ) and (2) don't log out at all, why would you have to log in again next time you come back here??! I don't and I don't think I'm doing anything different/unusual than the rest of you. I'm stumped. Confused
Ragdoll
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Log In Reply with quote

All I know about cookies is that my favorites are chocolate chip! Laughing I do not clear my cookies, and my bookmark is also to the message board, not the main site, but I am always required to log in. I do not have to log out, however. I am a newer MAC user, so I am not sure if it is a MAC problem, or something else. Crazy, huh?

Robin
Mark65
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope maybe I can be helpful here ... if not I
Ragdoll
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Log In Reply with quote

Thanks Mark,

That does help. I'm off to tinker around with my settings...

Robin
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this is helpful or not, but I have recently only been using the BB from home. I am on AOL and I bookmarked the BB on my toolbar. and selected to automatically log in. I haven' t had to log in in the past couple of weeks. when I first start the board I don't get any sound files (although I did a couple of times at work with the IE browser.)
However as I go from topic to topic it sometimes tries to open a file using AOL media player. It doesn't play though just pops up a unreccogniziable file message.
Michael
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all,

This is one of the issues I need to work on this week... the sound files were a great idea, but they are causing enough problems (ncluding crashing IE every now and then) that I'm going to get rid of them. The sound files are ONLY embedded into the "get happy" template, so I'd recommend switching the template (which I did about a week ago and haven't experienced any problems since) until I take out the files. I promise I'll get it fixed by this weekend.

M. Smile
Michael
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the sound files are now gone. Please let me know if you are still experinecing issues relating to the sound files.

Also, are there any more log-in issues?

Thanks!

M.
Ragdoll
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: They're Gone! Reply with quote

Perfect log in this time! Not that I don't love those sound-bytes, just didn't want them ALL stored in my computer!

Thanks for the fix, Michael!

Robin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Ask The Webmasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: