[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

TO ALL POSTERS - IMPORTANT! YOU MUST READ!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: TO ALL POSTERS - IMPORTANT! YOU MUST READ! Reply with quote

I find it's become necessary to re-emphasize one of the points of this post:

http://www.cmongethappy.com/bulletin/viewtopic.php?t=408

Which is:
4. Please don't post JUST for the sake of posting. Posting cute little one-liners or just a smiley in no way contributes to the conversation and, quite frankly, just eats up bandwidth. Try to control yourself.

Again, posts that engage in this activity will be deleted without notice.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks, it's time for some "hard love" -- and I'm not referring to the Shaun Cassidy song Laughing Laughing .

Michael has posted several requests and reminders for you in order to keep this Board clean and easy to use and read. Unfortunately, people are either ignoring him or not reading his posts.

EXAMPLES:

In DVD Chat, currently, we have:

FOUR different threads about the Season 2 DVD set
THREE different threads about the Season One DVD set and
THREE different DVD reviews threads -- and that's just for Region 1

In the Talk About The Show section, we currently have:

TWO different threads asking about the posters in Keith's room
TWO different threads asking who your favorite characters are (one is in the Garage section -- although I have NO idea what a "Who is your favorite character" thread is doing in a section devoted to collectibles.)

In the Talk About the Cast section we currently have:

FOUR different threads concerning Danny Bonaduce's new VH-1 reality series, "Breaking Bonaduce".

In the Garage Sale section, we currently have numerous posts that have NOTHING to do with collectibles

In addition, people are STILL posting just for the sake of posting. As Michael has mentioned, it does nothing but take up bandwidth, which we are PAYING for. Example: "Me too. I am confuzzled lol". "You're funny". "Interesting" etc., etc., etc., are unnecessary and do nothing to advance the thread/topic.

Currently we have over 17 pages of members (that's over 325 people) who have registered for this Board. That's a lot of people who have to sift through the confusion. It has, on various occasions, taken us hours to correct the mess and to be perfectly honest, we don't have the time anymore.

SO, here's what's going to happen:

Rather than cleaning up after people and putting threads where they belong, or deleting those unneccesary one-liners, these threads and posts are going to start disappearing without any warning. If people continue to disregard the requests to keep the Board neat and tidy and easy to read, accounts will go "bye-bye" without warning.

Honestly, we aren't trying to be a&%holes -- we are trying to keep this community accessible to all who want to read. It's not an unreasonable request -- at least I don't think so.

Thanks
Scott Very Happy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: