[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Re-watching 2003 TVLAND Awards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re-watching 2003 TVLAND Awards Reply with quote

Hi all,
I noticed something perculiar in watching a tape of the 1st TVLAND Awards show from 2003. While John Ritter is introducing Davy Jones and Maureen McCormick, one of the tv's behind him is playing a cliip of "The Partridge Family" pilot!! You can clearly see the bus and the family bowing together! I just that it was pretty interesting timing!

A few other notes about that awards show:

David and Shirley sang "cmongetthappy" together

David received an award for best male fashions. In his acceptance speech he talked about his Father being such a great dresser. He then made an odd comment - at least I think so. He said that his Father had great taste in clothes and women, marrying Shirley Jones. (I don't have the exact quote handy!). But I thought it was odd he didn't mention his Mother Evelyn! I know that the presenters proobably had all prepaared/or scripted comments - but would the acceptance speeches also be scriipted?

Ed
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: TV LAND Reply with quote

Ed! I remember his speech and noticed the same thing. He won for best fashion plate, or something, not for his OWN wardrobe, but for the character's. Shouldn't the costume designer get some credit? I'm happy he won, don't get me wrong.

Didn't Susan get nominated for something?

Lu
[/i][/b]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: