[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

C'mon Get Happy:Fear and Loathing of Partridge Family Bus
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amy is right, Laura. There was nothing wrong in asking or discussing David's book. Very Happy
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Personal message for smgmtman Reply with quote

This is a message for smgmtman -STOP THE ATTACKS ON THE CAST MEMBERS OF THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY.

LIKE SCOTT SAID IF YOU WANT TO SAY SUCH THINGS DO IT SOMEWHERE ELSE NOT ON THE MESSAGE BOARD. I HAVE READ SOME OF YOU MESSAGES AND QUITE FRANKLY THEY ARE VERY HURTFUL TOWARDS SUSAN DEY AND ESPECIALLY DAVID CASSIDY. SO HE ADMITTED TO TAKING THOSE DRUGS, HE IS ONLY HUMAN LIKE THE REST OF US AND MADE MISTAKES ALONG THE WAY.

IF YOU THOUGHT SCOTT WAS TOUGH YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET MATEY, YOU ARE DEALING WITH SOMEONE WHO LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE IS VERY UPSET OR RATHER VERY ANGRY WITH WHAT YOU SAID.

From a very angry and appalled David Cassidy Fan
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Laura but I think it may be best, when things like this happen, to just ignore the posts and wait for the person to go away. Or, let the administrators try and deal with the problem. Confrontation seems to make people even more determined to cause trouble. We have taken care of the problem the best we can for now, so I don't think there will be further trouble.

I know I'm "talking to the choir", because we have the best online community here. But, let me just say one of the reasons why we now require registration is to stop activity such as smgmtman's (real name: Michael/Miguel) from happening. People seem to think that registering with Hotmail and/or Lycos email addresses makes them anonymous. But we have all sorts of neat little tools at our disposal, which enable us to find out names, addresses, places of business, and a whole lot more. So if posts get creepy and we feel like we are in a position where matters need to be taken to the next level, we can use this information to contact the appropriate people.

So, while it's VERY tempting to confront a trouble maker, giving them enough rope to hang themselves is the better way to go. In smgmtman's case, he not only tied his own noose, he built his own gallows! Laughing Laughing Laughing
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And good riddance! Thanks, Scott! Very Happy
davrlorenz
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read it when it fisrt came out. Very good book. Everything you'd want to ever know about David, his life, TPF years, and life after TPF.

I highly recomend this book to any PF/DC fan Cool
LisaF63
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by LisaF63 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did someone say "butt"??! Woohoo! Cool
regncygirl
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to buy my copy from Barnes and Noble a couple of years ago when the Partridge Family was starting to get recognized again as a result of the media and the cast. I love the book. It is one of my favorite books I have read about a famous person. Do you have a favorite chapter? Just curious. Take Care!!!
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: C'mon Get Happy:Fear and Loathing of Partridge Family Bus Reply with quote

Hi Regncy Girl,

Yes I do have a favourite chapter, and that is chapter thirteen, where DC describes the three ways to get into the theatre at the beginning. I also like the final chapter where somebody says to DC "So when are you going to give up this David Cassidy teenager thing?" and, DC replies "I don't know, I'm having too much fun to give it up now". Which isn't bad for someone who really hated all the attention he was getting, in the 70's. I so enjoyed the book I am reading it again for the third time. I can really honestly say that I have not read a more open and honest book in all my life. There is another favourite chapter, I can't remember which chapter it is, but it's the chapter where he talks about his father being taken to a mental hospital for two days. Like I said a very honest and open book.

Laura
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: