[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Danny's Random acts of badness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imaginedani
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: Danny's Random acts of badness Reply with quote

Being in Australia, its a pain to get anything ordered in. So i want to make sure it is worth it before i do.

Does it have much about his PF days? I really do think Danny is such a funny guy and think i would enjoy anything he has written but even more so if it includes pf stories.

What does everybody think of the book?

C'mon GET HAPPY! Smile
CHEZ
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this as I love how he talks and was looking forward to reading it (imagining his voice reading it to me) but I've just never had the chance to read it all yet! I have a few stacks of biographies just waiting to be read - probably in my retirement.....
However, I'd certainly get it - as you'll only regret it! Sorry I can't really answer your question although - I do remember reading some bits about the PF days though!

Chez Smile
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fun to read and worth buying, as long as you don't take his stories too seriously.

If it were me, I'd buy it used for about $.50 from Amazon.com--that way it's basically free except for shipping costs. You might look search some Australian used booksellers too.
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys have peaked my interest in this as I've yet to look for it/pick it up and am now getting curious. Does anyone know offhand if he in fact recorded an audiobook version? That would be fun to hear as well, IMO. Smile
imaginedani
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so there is stories about hid PF days?? Doesnt he tell some story about David bashing him??

C'mon GET HAPPY! Smile
umbrellaman
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been pondering picking this up too and most likely will at some point. I too have a pretty big stack of biographies to read. I'm almost done with "A Book" by Desi Arnaz right now. Danny's book should be interesting if nothing else. I really wanna read Shirley and Marty's book though.
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, Umbrellaman! Didya know Desi had actually wanted to do a sequel to his autobiography? He wanted to call it Another Book. Sadly, it wasn't meant to be. Crying or Very sad
umbrellaman
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have loved "another book!" I'm probably about three-quarters of the way through the book and really love it--you can just hear Desi telling the story to you in that great accent of his! A really great story. I've read Lucy's book and want to read "Desilu," the bio on Vivian Vance, and "Meet The Mertz's." Oh, and the one they have excerpts from on the DVD's (can't think of the name right now). There's certainly a lot of Lucy related books out there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: