[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

PF photos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: PF photos Reply with quote

The question I want to ask is this: Why has David got a white, handkerchief tied round his right leg? The picture I am referring to is from the episode called "Soul Club". I'm sure that someone will have a logical answer to this question. My theory is that he did not, want to hurt his leg too much like cause any bruising, but I'm not really sure. Can somebody help me with the answer and, tell me the reason behind the handkerchief tied round David's leg.

Laura
Michael
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You already guessed it, Laura. He played the tambourine in that music segment and the wrapping is to protect his leg. I'm sure David was a bit more vigourous than Suzanne was when he played the tambourine. Very Happy
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject: PF song which sticks in my head Reply with quote

Thanks for that Michael. That has been really bugging me about that photo. I thought it was something like that, but I wasn't really sure, so thanks again Michael Smile

Laura
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: David's Leg Wrapped Reply with quote

The reason for the wrapping of David's leg is because it was a rehearsal photo taken by the set photographer. Since before they 'actually' film the sequence....they may go over it 5..6..7 times. As you can see from the 'final print' of the episode, David goes to town on that tamborine...now if you can imagine if he hadn't wrapped his leg previously....there would be a tenderized version of David's leg. Probably wouldn't be a pretty sight Shocked .
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:22 am    Post subject: PF photos Reply with quote

Thanks for that Skizzy, now I can understand why that wrapping was on David's leg, I mean it would not have looked good if there was a tenderized area on David's leg. When I look at the episode he really goes to town with that tambourine doesn't he, so now I can see why the covering was used, he would have had one hell of a bruise on his leg. So once again thanks for the explanation Skizzy.

Laura
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm. There must be an echo in here. I coulda swore Michael posted the exact same thing. Laughing Laughing Laughing

PS: The wrapping was used while filming all shots - not just rehearsing -- except the master shot where his leg is in camera range. Wink
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: PF photos Reply with quote

Yeah I agree with you Scott. There must be an echo, but looking at both Michael's and Skizzy's replies, they are slightly different although they have both answered my question in their own unique way Scott. Both of their replies have answered my question, about why David was wearing that wrapping on his leg for that particular episode. Actually while on the subject of PF photos, what on earth is David doing, with the those balloons in one of the publicity photos, is it to do with one of the episodes or something - it's the photo with Shirley - and he is just hanging there with these balloons. Can somebody solve this mystery for me as well (sorry to be a pain in the backside) :?

Laura
JoeySoCal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that was one of ABC's publicity photos produced when the show was moving from Friday to Saturday nights in 1973, along with the one where they're (DC & SJ) holding suitcases in front of a door. Cool
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the last shot, last episode of Season 1, they put chalk marks on the sidewalk around Danny's feet. He must have had trouble standing still. They erased them for the final shot.
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

Location: Either in SanPueblo,CA or getting on the bus being driven by the lovely Shirley to the next gig

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing tee hee sounds like me the spaz.

Lizzie Dancing
imaginedani
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow guys, Next time i watch i'm going to have to pay closer attention Shocked

C'mon GET HAPPY! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: