[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

My vintage custom Partridge Family Toy Drum Set

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Garage: Merchandise & Other Fun Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doity
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:57 am    Post subject: My vintage custom Partridge Family Toy Drum Set Reply with quote

Being a Partridge Family fan from way back, as in from the very first seasons, I always thought it would be cool to run across a PF toy drum set. I know there were ones made for The Monkees, The Cowsills, etc., but never came across one for the Partridge Family.

I scoured EBay for one that one that would resemble Brianís blue sparkle set and lo and behold I found something suitable. I was lucky to find someone who sold the decal for the bass drum and slowly got it together. It sounds pretty decent for what it is but it is still a toy set. The snare drum was originally attached opposite the tom so that causes the set to tip to one side a bit. I still have to figure that one out.

Funny thing is, when I was the age of the kids from the show and I worshipped the little ones, I had a toy set that I coveted for months until I finally got it for Christmas. I think it lasted all of one day LOL! But I think that this kit is a bit more robust that the Sears special that I had back in 1971/1972.

Hope everyone enjoys it and yes, I am available for gigs!

Luke

Last edited by doity on Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Maui
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great! I'd be afraid to play it, belongs in a clear case hah!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Garage: Merchandise & Other Fun Stuff All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: