[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

My cover of "Point Me in the Direction of Albuquerque&q

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Music!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goodyj
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject: My cover of "Point Me in the Direction of Albuquerque&q Reply with quote

I am a longtime member, but infrequent poster on this terrific sight. I am also a performer who was definitely inspired and influenced by the Partridges and the talented actors and musicians involved in my favorite kid-hood show. Recently, I have been exploring the wonderful songs I have been singing in the shower all my life and see what I could do to honor the song's writers and their original performers. My intent was not to try and sound like the originals, but rather to see what my perspective and experimentation could bring out in them.

To that end, I am attaching a link to my cover of "Point Me in the Direction of Albuquerque" (housed on my own website) for anyone who might enjoy hearing how a different interpretation can also show just what a terrific song it is and how talented Tony Romeo was as a songwriter. Here is the link: http://jefferygoodson.com/listen-to-this/sipping-their-wine/point-me-in-the-direction-of-albuquerque/

I welcome your comments should you wish to share, and hope you take a few moments to enjoy!

Jeff
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listened to this today... Very nice... Kinda a sad one but probably because today the day I'm listening... is/was David's Birthday. fitting tribute.

keep up the good work!
kenbubblegumkid
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeff,

Enjoyed your rendition...very interesting take. I had sent you a private message about your website which was cool. Just let me know if you got it...if not I'll resend.

Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Music! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: